Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranking Arkansas' 10 best football players

Started by wholehogsports, May 23, 2016, 11:52:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wholehogsports

jesterzzn

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jesterzzn on May 23, 2016, 11:57:15 am
Is there a person here or is this a bot?
it could literally happen anyday where an AI signs up for and posts on hogville.

I wish my ole grandpa were here to see his handiwork. He was a founding father of AI.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hvsupastar

If we have 5 players better than Dominique Reed,  we are going to be very good.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Biggus Piggus

Very surprised they listed Dre Greenlaw among the 10 best players on the team. Must have been very good in the spring.

So you can avoid the clickbait, here's the top 10 as chosen by "several reporters":

1. DE Deatrich Wise
2. DT Jeremiah Ledbetter
3. TE Jeremy Sprinkle
4. C Frank Ragnow
5. MLB Brooks Ellis
6. WR Dominique Reed
7. WR Drew Morgan
8. OLB Dre Greenlaw
9. RT Dan Skipper
10. WR Keon Hatcher
[CENSORED]!

bennyl08

I guess it all depends on how they are defining 'best'.

For example, athletically, Wise is by far our best DL player, but he hasn't been consistent yet. Hatcher is physically superior to Morgan, but has had a history of drops while Morgan is more consistent.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Theolesnort

I would go Ragnow #1 but then I will admit I am skewed or slanted in favor of offensive linemen. I reckon that is why I like Bret so well even though I do rag on him some times.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 23, 2016, 03:58:30 pm
I guess it all depends on how they are defining 'best'.

For example, athletically, Wise is by far our best DL player, but he hasn't been consistent yet. Hatcher is physically superior to Morgan, but has had a history of drops while Morgan is more consistent.
I think best should be defined by how they perform on game day. That's why I think Morgan should be ahead of Reed and Sprinkle. When you catch more balls and score more touchdowns I'm sorry you were better. Idc what you're measurables are or what you're draft projection is.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 23, 2016, 03:47:20 pm
Very surprised they listed Dre Greenlaw among the 10 best players on the team. Must have been very good in the spring.

So you can avoid the clickbait, here's the top 10 as chosen by "several reporters":

1. DE Deatrich Wise
2. DT Jeremiah Ledbetter
3. TE Jeremy Sprinkle
4. C Frank Ragnow
5. MLB Brooks Ellis
6. WR Dominique Reed
7. WR Drew Morgan
8. OLB Dre Greenlaw
9. RT Dan Skipper
10. WR Keon Hatcher
When the season ends and the list is made a QB will be on it. It's like the country is just hoping their asses off that Austin won't be as good as Brandon.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on May 23, 2016, 07:25:39 pm
I think best should be defined by how they perform on game day. That's why I think Morgan should be ahead of Reed and Sprinkle. When you catch more balls and score more touchdowns I'm sorry you were better. Idc what you're measurables are or what you're draft projection is.
Sprinkle and Reed are our two most athletic playmakers. I hope Whaley is on that list by the end of the year as well, but I know that is a tall task. I would put Morgan #1 in the heart department though, and no doubt he is hard to tackle. This team has some talent and some depth. It also has one hell of a staff imo. Best we've had in my lifetime (est 1974).
@Slackaveli

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 23, 2016, 03:47:20 pm

1. DE Deatrich Wise
2. DT Jeremiah Ledbetter
3. TE Jeremy Sprinkle
4. C Frank Ragnow
5. MLB Brooks Ellis
6. WR Dominique Reed
7. WR Drew Morgan
8. OLB Dre Greenlaw
9. RT Dan Skipper
10. WR Keon Hatcher
]

How good can we be this year when our QB is not mentioned as one of our best 10 players?   Just curious where we finish if AA does not have a top 10 year?

BPsTheMan

11. Jared Cornelius
12. Taiwan Johnson
13. Randy Ramsey
14. Henre' Toliver
15. Rawleigh Williams

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on May 23, 2016, 07:59:33 pm
11. Jared Cornelius
12. Taiwan Johnson
13. Randy Ramsey
14. Henre' Toliver
15. Rawleigh Williams
still no Austin? No way he's the >16th player
@Slackaveli

Tejano Jawg

When the season is over, if we still say 3 of our top 5 are defenders—a DE, a DT and a LB—that might be a good thing.

On the O-side, you gotta like Sprinkle as a stud and a stabilizing force. Our WRs are so good, I just bundle them up. Austin has to be there at the end (in the top dozen). Same for one of our RBs, unless that's a group situation also. If Kody, DW and Raleigh all have 600-800+ yards each, that would be nice.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 23, 2016, 09:06:49 pm
still no Austin? No way he's the >16th player

All of the players listed have something in common. They have played A LOT of meaningful snaps. Let's hope that when Austin has that in common with them then everybody asking about him on here is right.

You need a measurable sample size to even discuss something that is already so inherently subjective and Austin does not have that.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

yraciv

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 23, 2016, 07:53:30 pm
]

How good can we be this year when our QB is not mentioned as one of our best 10 players?   Just curious where we finish if AA does not have a top 10 year?

Other than Ole Miss and Tennessee, I'm not sure what other SEC schools would have a QB listed at this point either.

yraciv

And who knows what coaches were polled and what they rated them on?  I'm guessing Dan Enos and Bret Bielema didn't get a vote, but then again all those guys have much more in game experience.  If that is a factor than Austin doesn't crack the Top 20.
My unbiased 10, judging on NFL talent, obviously coaches have a bias toward upperclassman. Boost if you've shown it on the field.
1. Frank Ragnow
2. Deatrich Wise
3. Jeremy Sprinkle
4. Jeremiah Ledbetter
5. Dominique Reed
6. Sosa
7. Brooks Ellis
8. Dan Skipper
9. Austin Allen
10. Keon Hatcher