Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting details in Enos interview

Started by Biggus Piggus, May 23, 2016, 09:54:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Dan42AR on May 23, 2016, 10:22:05 am
As long as we have CDE I think our qb play will be in good hands.
this ^^^^
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on May 23, 2016, 08:03:44 pm
If he feels it's important to tell the QB he's throwing a baseball instead of football with his motion, he'll tell him. It really doesn't matter what the tendencies are if you can't hit our guys, does it?

Yes, it does.

ricepig

Hawgar The Horrible

Good things tend to happen when a former, highly successful, QB is actually coaching QB's.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Cinco de Hogo

I don't think you have to have a dedicated QB coach as long as you have a QB coach and Enos seems to be a right fine QB coach.  Any good QB is almost a coach on the field himself if he's been brought along right.  Austin Allen should at this point be that guy.

DeltaBoy

Best Hire since Nutt had one of our Former QB as QB coach. His name excapes me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 24, 2016, 08:44:53 am
Best Hire since Nutt had one of our Former QB as QB coach. His name excapes me.

Joe Ferguson

HogMantheIntruder

When the relationship is built correctly (with a quality QB), the QB becomes an extension of the OC, right?. If your OC is going to spend more time with one position than the others, then don't you want it to be with the guy that touches the ball every single play? The one everyone listens to in the huddle?

On the flip side, if your QB is going to spend more time with one coach than any other, wouldn't you want it to be the OC? The more the guy that's running the offense from the sideline is on the same page with the guy that's running the offense on the field, the better, IMHO. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon