Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Spring Game Cut Up

Started by Josh Goforth, May 18, 2016, 09:41:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Goforth

ChitownHawg

Is there suppose to be sound?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Josh Goforth

Nope, who needs that? Watch the game and turn on your own tunes, whatever that may be.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Josh Goforth on May 18, 2016, 08:42:23 pm
Nope, who needs that? Watch the game and turn on your own tunes, whatever that may be.

Whew! I can cancel my doctor appointment to check my hearing.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hawg IQ

for anyone trying to receive any insights from spring game, don't waste your time.  Nothing to see there, really.  A few defensive plays looked good on people they were allowed to tackle.
  As far as I could see, just another attraction for "Razorfest".

Key players won't be here before fall. Not a gripe now, but its somewhat of a rebuilding year, especially on offense.
go hogs go !

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: hawg IQ on May 19, 2016, 07:38:49 am
for anyone trying to receive any insights from spring game, don't waste your time.  Nothing to see there, really.  A few defensive plays looked good on people they were allowed to tackle.

Key players won't be here before fall. Not a gripe now, but its somewhat of a rebuilding year, especially on offense.
I disagree.  I feel like we have reloaded and will be ready right out of the gates.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Josh Goforth

Quote from: hawg IQ on May 19, 2016, 07:38:49 am

You have it pretty much right. Not much scheme or play calling that can be determined. One thing that did stand out was at LT where there were a few misses and just blow by's. Maybe the 2nd dline is that talented, but I think there will be a learning curve at that spot.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Josh Goforth on May 20, 2016, 02:15:42 pm
You have it pretty much right. Not much scheme or play calling that can be determined. One thing that did stand out was at LT where there were a few misses and just blow by's. Maybe the 2nd dline is that talented, but I think there will be a learning curve at that spot.

As few times the LT locked up an end and was thrown aside. Granted Sosa was usually the one doing it, but if that keeps happening against the elite rushers we'll see in the SEC, it may be a long season for Austin Allen.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

hawg IQ

Quote from: Josh Goforth on May 20, 2016, 02:15:42 pm
It wasn't meant to be too much, I think the coaches knew we didn't have any depth at running back. That position is key in Enos offense. It sets up a lot of the passing game also.

Thought A Allen looked decent, still need to see him under pressure come fall. Being so short on running backs, Enos may have to go to more of a spread offense .  All in all, it was pretty ho-hum, not sure if its that big of a deal as far as spring games go.

Don't really think we reloaded a whole lot. BB has come a long way in SEC and hogs are more competitive , still depth is needed pretty much across the board , especially on offense.
go hogs go !

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on May 21, 2016, 07:48:36 am
As few times the LT locked up an end and was thrown aside. Granted Sosa was usually the one doing it, but if that keeps happening against the elite rushers we'll see in the SEC, it may be a long season for Austin Allen.
That is when you incorporate roll outs and help with the TE/RB. Give Colton Jackson more reps & experience he has a chance to be special.