Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where does DMAC stand entering second year in Dallas

Started by Scott Marshall, May 17, 2016, 12:30:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

With Alfred Morris acquired in the offseason and Ezekiel Elliott drafted fourth overall, where does Darren McFadden stand entering his second year in Dallas? We found out in our exclusive interview with D-MAC, who returned for a meet and greet at Sam's Club
in Fayetteville Saturday.

In our one-on-one interview with Jason Garrett,  the Cowboys Coach offered his take on McFadden's big impact in his first year with Dallas.  First things first...McFadden addressed his role in year two with the Cowboys. "We haven't talked anything about the role.  As far as I know the job is mine still, so you know I'm just gonna go out there and grind every play," McFadden said. That's just it about D-MAC.

Full Story Here: http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/rn-exclusive-with-dmac-former-hog-finished-4th-in-nfl-rushing

Pig In The City

The additional RBs will help him stay healthier.

HogimusMaximus

Killean

if it's anything like last year.. he'll be the starter in week 4 or 5 and the only healthy back worth a damn..
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

redleg

Dmac is the starter until he's not. It's his job to lose, and if he picks up where he left off in 2015, it'll be tough for Dallas to keep him on the bench.
I see a three-headed monster in the Cowboys backfield in 2016, much like it was in 2009 with Felix, Choice, and Barber.....except I think Dmac, Morris, and Zeke will be even better!
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

hawginbigd1

The Cowboy insiders are basically ready to kick DMAC to the curb for their new toy! Stupid draft pick Jalen Ramsay would have been the smart pick for Dallas! DMAC, Morris and Dunbar would have been a great backfield this season! Only legitimate argument for Elliot is the belief that he is your cornerstone back for the next decade. I think bust is a real possibility though hope I am wrong!

Murr

As much as I loved watching Dallas suffer with Tony Romo out most of the season, having their QB back will free up the running game.  The o-line should still be great, just need to see some balance to get the running game back.

Hogarusa

Its Zekes job and he isnt losing it unless serious injury or complete bust, which isnt going to happen with that line and a healthy Romo/Dez combo.  Its a young mans game.  DMAC is going to battle for a roster spot.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

atekido

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 17, 2016, 02:27:15 pm
Eazy E will be the starter, enough with DMAC.

Dmac was the 4th highest rusher in the NFL and is far superior catching the ball as a receiver and he is superior at picking up blocks.  I always get cracked up at people who get sucked into the hype.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Hogarusa

$24.9M fully guaranteed over 4 years. $16.3M signing bonus

Thats why Zeke is the starter.

lstewart

DMAC will probably get 5 carries or so a game early in the season, rotating in as a replacement back to rest the starter. Depending on injuries and DMAC"s performance, that workload could move up or down as the season progresses. Unfortunately without a serious injury to move him back into a heavy rotation, I think he won't have a chance to run for many yards in 2016.

Dwight_K_Shrute

If DMAC is healthy and still performing at a decent level could Dallas use him as trade bait in the pre-season or early in the season?  What could they reasonably hope to get for him?  If it was future second or third round picks would they/should they do it?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Killean

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 19, 2016, 11:49:03 am
If DMAC is healthy and still performing at a decent level could Dallas use him as trade bait in the pre-season or early in the season?  What could they reasonably hope to get for him?  If it was future second or third round picks would they/should they do it?

They could trade for him a 6th round pick probably.  NFL players don't trade well at all because the veterans have higher salaries.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Tyro3

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 18, 2016, 01:58:57 pm
$24.9M fully guaranteed over 4 years. $16.3M signing bonus

Thats why Zeke is the starter.
I agree. Money don't lie. You don't draft a RB that high, give him that kind of money, and then let him sit. It's not QB, there's only so many years on a RB
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

razorbackfan4life

He is either going to be a 3rd down back, or they are going to trade him.  Really pissed me off when they drafted Elliot.  If you watched any Dallas games last year their defense was awful.  And they draft a RB. 

EastexHawg

The fact that they drafted a RB at #4 tells you that they don't believe Darren is the answer as the starter.

Hogarusa

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on May 19, 2016, 01:38:06 pm
He is either going to be a 3rd down back, or they are going to trade him.  Really pissed me off when they drafted Elliot.  If you watched any Dallas games last year their defense was awful.  And they draft a RB. 

I believe they are going the route of 2014.  Their best D is sitting them on the sidelines and ruling the TOP through a ball control offense.  Zeke and Alf/DMac should combine for 400+ carries.  Additional, helps keep 36 year old Romo healthy