Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Irwin

Started by Hog_Swanson, April 27, 2016, 12:15:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woodydoc

Glad you are out of hospital.  I always enjoy your posts and insight. Thanks

swineology

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 12, 2016, 07:24:04 am
I am out of the hospital and slowly recovering from a medical condition that ran over me like a freight train. I always thought of myself as a tough guy. Actually I'm a wimp. There's nothing like waking up in ICU with tubes down both nostrils, your wrists tied to the bed frame and tubes poking out from your abdomen to make you realize that you are in control of nothing.

Thanks for the support. I'm not sure when I will be back at work. That is up to my doctor.

Senior Razorback reporter and a tough guy. Get well soon my friend!
We need your insight on the hill.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

One thing I know is Iron Mike Irwin is gonna be just fine.

That's a OTR guarantee. 

thebignasty

Quote from: OTR on May 13, 2016, 10:57:06 pm
One thing I know is Iron Mike Irwin is gonna be just fine.

That's a OTR guarantee.

Someone ought to go check on Irwin.

vol_in_ar

hope you recover quickly, mike

HogimusMaximus

On the road to recovery.

theFlyingHog

Hope you're doing well, Mike.

Kevin

Nice to have you back
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hawgey-Davidson

Get well soon Mike! Hogville needs you.

HogMantheIntruder

Really hope you feel up to spending some time posting on here while you're recovering. It's a privilege for average fans like myself to pick the brain of someone "in the know". You know, if you get bored, I'm sure no one would object to an "Ask Mike" thread. Just sayin'.  ;)
Anyway, you are in my prayers, Mike, and I wish you have a speedy recovery. God bless.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

oldfart

i can tell you that it took me a couple of months to get back to even halfway and i was in late 30s and in good physical shape. however depends a lot on severity looks like it hit Mike pretty hard. he needs our prayers guys

oldbear

Prayers for you Mike. Everyone appreciates all you do. God bless and keep getting better. The Razorback Nation on television and the bigger picture one is better because of you.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 14, 2016, 07:41:21 pm
Really hope you feel up to spending some time posting on here while you're recovering. It's a privilege for average fans like myself to pick the brain of someone "in the know". You know, if you get bored, I'm sure no one would object to an "Ask Mike" thread. Just sayin'.  ;)
Anyway, you are in my prayers, Mike, and I wish you have a speedy recovery. God bless.

It's a treat for average fans and truck drivers to interact with the guys like Irwin, Davenport, Peters, and Blasingame.  These guys give us insights that we're not going to get anywhere else. 

Hope Mike is recovering and hope he is back here soon.

snoblind

Good to hear you're out if the hospital, Mike.  Hope you get well soon.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: thebignasty on May 14, 2016, 01:57:43 am

I understand he was on OTR's list. 

Seriously though, since Mike doesn't know how long it will be until he's back at work, he's got no excuses whatsoever to not be on Hogville 24/7.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 17, 2016, 06:25:06 pm
I understand he was on OTR's list. 

Seriously though, since Mike doesn't know how long it will be until he's back at work, he's got no excuses whatsoever to not be on Hogville 24/7.

I would imagine he would enjoy some strangers from a message board coming to see him.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: OTR on May 17, 2016, 06:32:47 pm
I would imagine he would enjoy some strangers from a message board coming to see him.

I'll bring a casserole.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

PonderinHog

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 17, 2016, 09:04:21 pm
That'll get him up and running!

If that doesn't, my casserole will (given his condition).

Mike Irwin

Quote from: thebignasty on May 14, 2016, 01:57:43 am

For your own well being, please don't. What I have is not something you drop in on. Not that it stopped several from finding their way into my hospital room while the nurses were too busy elsewhere to turn them away.

I have a painful memory of standing in the restroom door of my room waiting for a nurse to come clean me up when some guy I'd never seen in my life barged in wanting to talk Hog baseball. Someone must have removed his olfactory sensory neurons at some point because one whiff of my surroundings should have sent him instantly back into the hallway.

Anyway I will be back at work today about 30 pounds lighter and a lot more grateful for the little things in life. Like getting out of bed and going to work.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 18, 2016, 06:03:11 am
For your own well being, please don't. What I have is not something you drop in on. Not that it stopped several from finding their way into my hospital room while the nurses were too busy elsewhere to turn them away.

I have a painful memory of standing in the restroom door of my room waiting for a nurse to come clean me up when some guy I'd never seen in my life barged in wanting to talk Hog baseball. Someone must have removed his olfactory sensory neurons at some point because one whiff of my surroundings should have sent him instantly back into the hallway.

Anyway I will be back at work today about 30 pounds lighter and a lot more grateful for the little things in life. Like getting out of bed and going to work.

Glad you are better Mike!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Overtheroadtruckdriver

And for that I am sorry, Mike.  I thought you'd want to talk up some hog baseball.  Next time we'll talk some football.

gmarv

that's good news, glad to hear it.

Hog Nutt

From an ole fart to another, hang in there my man. Glad you are better. I was in the ICU a few years back for 3 days. I felt awful, and people I hadn't seen in years came to see me. Finally the nurses wouldn't let them in, told them I needed to rest. Which I appreciated. But, looking back, I appreciate their concern. But a total stranger? Talking Hog Baseball? Shhhhs.

HogimusMaximus

Glad you lost the weight.

Big Daddy

Everything is back to normal. Glad you're feeling better.