Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon 2018

Started by Letsroll1200, January 16, 2017, 03:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 28, 2017, 02:58:19 pm
who says a Mallett type QB can't run.

Well how do we define run?  Most who talk about running QB would not call Aaron Rogers a running QB, but he's about the most mobile accurate passer ever in the NFL. After him, who else can run and make throws?  Cam can't and has always been his criticism.

Usually footwork and accuracy are sacrificed by mobile QB's. It's just the way it works. You aren't getting Mallett's type arm and accuracy with cams running ability.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

BigLion10

Offered by Tennessee and Mississippi St

navyhog24

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Huds_HawgTide

If he goes to some camps and attends the opening his recruiting ranking will sky rocket
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Why would he go to a camp and risk injury when everyone in the SEC has already offered him?  How many more offers does one need??

colbs

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 22, 2017, 03:23:01 pm
Why would he go to a camp and risk injury when everyone in the SEC has already offered him?  How many more offers does one need??
Because if a player gets more stars they are automatically a better player.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 22, 2017, 03:23:01 pm

To put your talent up against the best in the nation. These kids want to compete, not sit on the sidelines.  You don't want one that DOESNT want to compete

VirginiaHog

Especially if he wants to play qb. He may want to show he can be an elite qb.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: VirginiaHog on February 23, 2017, 12:03:45 pm
Especially if he wants to play qb. He may want to show he can be an elite qb.
this. And he will.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Neednewcoach

Fitz Hill said last night on Drive Time that LSU was the team to beat.

ricepig

Quote from: Neednewcoach on February 24, 2017, 02:08:54 pm

Going to play LB at LSU, hmm.....

navyhog24

First Auburn. Now LSU. The worst places to go if you're a QB or wanting to play QB

NotSoFastMyFriend

Lunney has been on Gerry before any of the other schools even came into the picture so some of you guys can stop pretending you have any clue what's going on.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Neednewcoach on February 24, 2017, 02:08:54 pm

Would he know?  No that's not sarcasm, I just don't know how plugged in Fitz Hill is to where Gerry Bohanon might be going to college.

colbs

Quote from: ricepig on February 24, 2017, 02:23:04 pm
Going to play LB at LSU, hmm.....
They do have a history of telling players they will play a certain position then move them to LB.  When I say players I mean 1 player because I only know of one they did that to. 

Neednewcoach

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on February 24, 2017, 02:59:12 pm
Lunney has been on Gerry before any of the other schools even came into the picture so some of you guys can stop pretending you have any clue what's going on.

I don't have any clue as to what's really going on I'm simply repeating what was said by Fitz Hill.

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 24, 2017, 03:27:14 pm
Would he know?  No that's not sarcasm, I just don't know how plugged in Fitz Hill is to where Gerry Bohanon might be going to college.

He referred to him as "my boy" so he implied that he knew him.  Like I said above, just repeating what was said.

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on February 24, 2017, 03:40:07 pm
They do have a history of telling players they will play a certain position then move them to LB.  When I say players I mean 1 player because I only know of one they did that to. 
They are like all schools, they'll move players. I don't know if he'll play QB at LSU or not, but they haven't had much success with a dual QB lately.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_87a90903-317f-5067-8c65-1dbd048477cd.html

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on February 24, 2017, 04:32:25 pm
They are like all schools, they'll move players. I don't know if he'll play QB at LSU or not, but they haven't had much success with a dual QB lately.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_87a90903-317f-5067-8c65-1dbd048477cd.html

I think it likely had a lot to do with trying to force a dual threat qb into a pro style offense. Will be interesting to see the impact Canada has.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Neednewcoach on February 24, 2017, 04:11:37 pm
I don't have any clue as to what's really going on I'm simply repeating what was said by Fitz Hill.

He referred to him as "my boy" so he implied that he knew him.  Like I said above, just repeating what was said.

Got it, I was just trying to counter the "Bret and staff are slow-playing Bohanon" line that many on here keep erroneously pushing forward in their posts. Simply not the case. No matter how bad they want it to be the truth - it just isn't.

hawgwash

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 24, 2017, 03:27:14 pm
I heard Hill interview Bohanon on the radio a week or two ago.  It sounded like he knows him well.  I think Bohanon is friends with Hill's son who is committed to the BB Hogs.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: hawgwash on February 25, 2017, 07:04:27 am
I heard Hill interview Bohanon on the radio a week or two ago.  It sounded like he knows him well.  I think Bohanon is friends with Hill's son who is committed to the BB Hogs.

Cool, thanks.

redleg

So basically it's this.....Bohanon can sign with Arkansas and play WR or OLB and Hog fans everywhere will love him for it, or...Bohanon can sign with Auburn, LSU, Miss St, etc and play QB and Hog fans will hate him for it, or...Bohanon can sign with Alabama and play whatever and Hog fans will really hate him for it.
Is that about right?  ???
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

JIHawg

Bielema's pitch needs to be we want you, we will evaluate you, and recommend the position that you will most likely have a shot in the NFL.  That's the question-what is your position you can be successful at the next level?

After that, if you have a preferred position, such as quarterback, you can play that here.  You will be given a fair shot at winning that position.

Seebs

So if you had to choose - would it be Connor Noland, who is recruiting for us, or Bohanon that may be a hybrid?  We are not taking two Qbs.

They are in the same class correct?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on March 07, 2017, 09:38:51 am
So if you had to choose - would it be Connor Noland, who is recruiting for us, or Bohanon that may be a hybrid?  We are not taking two Qbs.

Correct, same class.

southeasthog

Quote from: redleg on March 07, 2017, 08:24:03 am
So basically it's this.....Bohanon can sign with Arkansas and play WR or OLB and Hog fans everywhere will love him for it, or...Bohanon can sign with Auburn, LSU, Miss St, etc and play QB and Hog fans will hate him for it, or...Bohanon can sign with Alabama and play whatever and Hog fans will really hate him for it.
Is that about right?  ???
:razorback:
Whats so hard to understand. Become a Hog-Be loved by Hog Fans. Sign elsewhere in the Conference-Not loved by Hog Fans. Seems simple to me.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

razorbackfan4life

March 07, 2017, 10:51:55 am #278 Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:31:40 pm by razorbackfan4life
Like I've mentioned in the past, this is a player you really want to get.  He has an incredibly high ceiling.

I would like to think that he is willing to come in and compete for a spot.

With that said if he ends up going elsewhere I'm sure that it wont be from a lack of interest on our part. 

hawginbigd1

If this is your hang-up IMO you are engaging in being an idiot, absolutely 0 chance I pass up an opportunity to ink this kid.

hogman99

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on March 07, 2017, 10:51:55 am
Like I've mentioned in the past, this is a player you really want to get.  He's got a incredibly high ceiling.

I would like to think that he is willing to come in a compete for a spot.

With that said if he ends up going elsewhere I'm sure that it wont be from a lack of interest on our part.

Saw him play at the State Basketball tournament. He was very impressive physically, athletic, strong and explosive.

King Kong

I think you can justify taking both as Noland may have a chance to go pro in baseball

Seebs

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 07, 2017, 12:20:31 pm
If this is your hang-up IMO you are engaging in being an idiot, absolutely 0 chance I pass up an opportunity to ink this kid.
You mad bro? 
I would assume the UA staff will do everything it can to sign this kid.  If we can't because he wants to play QB and the staff thinks he will fit better elsewhere what can you do? Lie to him?

Nobody suggested that he not be recruited heavily.  There are a lot of questions that need to be answered first - the first question is if the kid even wants to be a Razorback.  The next question at what position does HE believe is best for him. The third question to be answered is does Arkansas have the luxury to sign two at a specialized position since we may sign well under 20 players this year.

Will be fun to watch - even for we idiots.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Seebs

Quote from: King Kong on March 07, 2017, 01:38:50 pm
I think you can justify taking both as Noland may have a chance to go pro in baseball
Oh Agreed. If it even looks like Conner is a First/Second round talent then you pull out all the stops for Bohanon. That kind of money is hard to pass up. 

Hollywood870

Quote from: Seebs on March 07, 2017, 02:15:32 pm
Oh Agreed. If it even looks like Conner is a First/Second round talent then you pull out all the stops for Bohanon. That kind of money is hard to pass up.
You pull out all of the stops for Bohanon now.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Seebs on March 07, 2017, 02:13:52 pm
You mad bro? 
I would assume the UA staff will do everything it can to sign this kid.  If we can't because he wants to play QB and the staff thinks he will fit better elsewhere what can you do? Lie to him?

Nobody suggested that he not be recruited heavily.  There are a lot of questions that need to be answered first - the first question is if the kid even wants to be a Razorback.  The next question at what position does HE believe is best for him. The third question to be answered is does Arkansas have the luxury to sign two at a specialized position since we may sign well under 20 players this year.

Will be fun to watch - even for we idiots.
Bad post on my part I was talking more about the staff, you said there is no way we take 2 QB's or something similar, straight up pro-style QB's I agree, but this kid is outside the norm, to me it wouldn't matter if you had 3 QBs you still have to have a place for a kid this dynamic.

Seebs

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 08, 2017, 10:10:01 am
Bad post on my part I was talking more about the staff, you said there is no way we take 2 QB's or something similar, straight up pro-style QB's I agree, but this kid is outside the norm, to me it wouldn't matter if you had 3 QBs you still have to have a place for a kid this dynamic.
Follow the Bama dynamic. Sign all of the top talent you can and do not allow any of it to transfer to another SEC school.  I am happy we are besties now.

Big Boi

Kentucky basketball, and Alabama football, make a point to sign the top players in SEC states. Its probably a strategy implemented by most, but they seem to be the best.   

Letsgohoggin

Word from Earle is that Mississippi State is his favorite at this time.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Letsgohoggin on March 10, 2017, 11:13:25 am

Good god why? Of all places to go...

logand02

It is 100 miles closer to where he lives...

HawgTide

GoHogzzGo

March 10, 2017, 11:45:42 am #292 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:56:41 am by GoHogzzGo
Quote from: Letsgohoggin on March 10, 2017, 11:13:25 am

Until the money dries up after being thrown under the bus by Ole Miss  ;) .

Really hope to see him on campus, first and foremost because of his talent. I know our reputation is prostyle QB but should be open competition for QB spot with Bohanon. I'm sure he could play in the mold of Russel Wilson if he wins out. Secondarily to keep him away from in division schools.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: logand02 on March 10, 2017, 11:27:53 am
It is 100 miles closer to where he lives...
Gosh, a WHOLE WHOPPING 100 miles ??? Now THAT'S a deal killer.

logand02

If you think distance isn't a factor you're as ignorant as I suspect you. Especially from your tactless posts I've read over time. 

Any one with any degree of rationalism could easily see if MSU has 7 homes games the distance of 100 miles is the difference of many friends and family making games in person. Not to mention it would be easier for general visiting.

It's only 100 miles it's still 100 miles closer to Earle.

Being a pretentious idiot won't get you far in life even if it's just your persona online. 

ricepig

Quote from: logand02 on March 10, 2017, 02:07:57 pm
If you think distance isn't a factor you're as ignorant as I suspect you. Especially from your tactless posts I've read over time. 

Any one with any degree of rationalism could easily see if MSU has 7 homes games the distance of 100 miles is the difference of many friends and family making games in person. Not to mention it would be easier for general visiting.

Being a pretentious idiot won't get you far in life even if it's just your persona online. 

Then Memphis should be his favorite, correct?

Vantage 8 dude

March 10, 2017, 02:37:13 pm #296 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:28:45 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: logand02 on March 10, 2017, 02:07:57 pm

Well I honestly have no ABSOLUTE knowledge as to whether or not 100 miles would be the deciding factor; and I suggest that unless you personally know the young man and his thought process, you don't either. Therefore my thoughts/comments are no more pretentious than any of yours.

I would hope that if he's wavering his home state allegiance (assuming he has any) would be able to overcome the difference. That, however, remains to be seen. I suspect that the offensive scheme(s), current roster content, etc. would actually play would weigh far more into his ultimate decision than mere distance. However, if you don't like my attitude and/or comments then I suggest you either live with it or you consult your doctor and have him prescribe you some Valium. Now go in peace, brother.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on March 10, 2017, 02:30:40 pm
I bet he doesn't end up in Fayetteville
Could be; then again, perhaps not.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 10, 2017, 02:22:43 pm
Then Memphis should be his favorite, correct?
According to his line of reasoning that would sound about right, rice.