Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Refs stole game again

Started by synthartist69, March 19, 2017, 07:24:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

We were charged and NC walked. Many more fouls called on us than NC. Refs controlled this game.

sickboy

It's not just this game. It's many of these games. It's crazy how bad the officiating is in college basketball.

ADavisTheGOAT

Berry took 4 steps and lowered his shoulder right into Adrio. And, NO CALL. The refs gave them 2 easy points.  :puke:
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

WorfHog

I'm just gonna say it, these games have to be fixed.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 19, 2017, 07:28:06 pm
Berry took 4 steps and lowered his shoulder right into Adrio. And, NO CALL. The refs gave them 2 easy points.  :puke:
I only counted six steps.

BigoBoys

HogFaninMemphis

CONSPIRACY! Refs are human and get caught up in the moment. We played well and lost. We'll be back next year. This isn't the same as two years ago.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

TNhawgfan

Refs swallowed the whistle at the end. It happens a lot. The non walk was bad, but I'm not surprised
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Corkscrew Johnson

How about the 3 that was tipped and went out bounds??  As if that call wasn't bad enough...what was ignored was that the UNC player's entire forearm collided with Macon's forearm.  When is it NOT a foul to even touch a shooter's arm with a finger?  Never.  An entire forearm?  Please.

apcapri

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 07:29:08 pm
Our inability to adjust to how it was being officiated controlled this game.
How do you adjust to a player taking 4 steps and lowering his shoulder into your chest with no call?

Sow Lancelot

Oh, bovine excrement. Our not adjusting had absolutely nothing to do with the charge, the walk, or the tipped shot.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Slimac4

Ok idiot 👍🏽

jfred59

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on March 19, 2017, 07:30:22 pm
CONSPIRACY! Refs are human and get caught up in the moment. We played well and lost. We'll be back next year. This isn't the same as two years ago.

Yeah they are caught up in it for sure....how much they have bet on games and extra bonus payments

DeshaHog

There were some terrible calls at the end...but "stole" the game?

We were up with 3 minutes to go and our half court offense was absolutely putrid.  It sucks but we just couldn't close the game.

Still incredibly proud of this team and this season.  Brighter times ahead.

WPS

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 07:37:19 pm
You accept that you're not going to get a call under two minutes in a tight game and play accordingly.

Leadership.
Accept that people are not going to do their jobs? I'll pass. I'll hold people accountable. Go ahead being a yes man.

ricepig

Quote from: DeshaHog on March 19, 2017, 07:38:50 pm
There were some terrible calls at the end...but "stole" the game?

We were up with 3 minutes to go and our half court offense was absolutely putrid.  It sucks but we just couldn't close the game.

Still incredibly proud of this team and this season.  Brighter times ahead.

WPS

I think we're back, we'll miss Moses tremendously next year, Dusty too, but we may be a better team.

jfred59

Your are flippin crazy.   They were determined to take care of UNC and were not going to let us win.  Like others have asked you, explain the 4, 5, or  step walk, the no called charged, and Meeks shoving Moses off of the mountain on the shot and they missed all of it.

fullfan

This officiating crew's season should come to an end with this game.  No advance and call another game for this crew.

Razorback_Mack

I'm sorry man but you're stupid. If you think you can adjust to letting a player take 5 steps and throw the ball you're beyond dumb.

razorbrass

Could have been a travel or no call but seriously!?!  How do you go to replay and not see the ball tipped and that it hit the baseline with 2 seconds on the shot clock?
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

LZH

Quote from: Hollywood870 on March 19, 2017, 07:29:17 pm
I only counted six steps.

Yeah, and they were baby steps so they don't count as much......

3kgthog

No one with a sound mind should point at the FT numbers and cry conspiracy. If you jack a lot of threes late in the shot clock, YOU WON'T GET FOULS CALLED. Why have you not learned that simple fact about Arkansas basketball?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogman78

Iwastherein1969

the game was decided when their point guard took at least three step without bounce, well he bounced one of our players because he was out of control, then the kid threw it up after the fourth step and Moses got caught watching the guy travel and charge and the UNC center slipped in behind Moses for the tip in that won the game
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 19, 2017, 07:43:14 pm
No one with a sound mind should point at the FT numbers and cry conspiracy. If you jack a lot of threes late in the shot clock, YOU WON'T GET FOULS CALLED. Why have you not learned that simple fact about Arkansas basketball?

I think we're complaining about a charge/travel, but I wouldn't ever expect anything positive from you.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ICEman on March 19, 2017, 07:42:01 pm
Here is a blown call.

Yea thompson picked up that rebound and would've had an easy layup.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 07:42:59 pm
Accountability?

Start with our (lack of) half-court offense under two minutes.

That's where the loss occurred, not officiating.
Ok you're right taking five steps is legal. When somebody does that on the go ahead bucket that has no bearing on the outcome of the game. You're unbelievably dumb.

Danny J

PORKULATOR

2 of 4 announcers flat out call this the play of the game... The WRONG play of the game.
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

jfred59

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 19, 2017, 07:44:41 pm
the game was decided when their point guard took at least three step without bounce, well he bounced one of our players because he was out of control, then the kid threw it up after the fourth step and Moses got caught watching the guy travel and charge and the UNC center slipped in behind Moses for the tip in that won the game

And forearmed him 10 feet

jesterzzn

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 19, 2017, 07:49:44 pm
Finally somebody in the media with a pair of nuts.

Said no one about Skip Bayless ever.

Hogimus Prime

This why a team can't let a blue blood stay close.  The refs will almost always help a blue blood out.

GoHogs1091

The Berry play at the end in which Meeks tipped it in could have been called a block on us (our defender was not set).

The play in which the replay was not definitive regarding whether their player's finger(s) touched the ball would have left us 1 second on the shot clock.  Not much could have been done offensively with only 1 second remaining on the shot clock.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 19, 2017, 07:43:14 pm

Well we didn't get any called the other 37 minutes of the game either

apcapri

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 07:37:19 pm
You accept that you're not going to get a call under two minutes in a tight game and play accordingly.

Leadership.
Something UNC didn't have to do as they got several favorable calls/no calls. Up 5 and Bailey gets a steal...oh wait...the ref must have farted after he swallowed his whistle cause it sure did blow.

RzRbAcK18

I think turnovers and lack of rebounding controlled the game. But yeah those last few calls were bad.

hogsanity

Hogs adjusted very well to what the refs were allowing. Lead to several hog steals or forced turnovers by NC.

Everyone wants the refs to just "let them play" & that's what they have done this entire tournament.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 19, 2017, 07:53:04 pm

The play in which the replay was not definitive regarding whether their player's finger(s) touched the ball would have left us 1 second on the shot clock.  Not much could have been done offensively with only 1 second remaining on the shot clock.

Only score.....you might try watching a little basketball and see how many points are score on a catch and shoot with :01.

ricepig

jesterzzn

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 19, 2017, 07:53:04 pm
The Berry play at the end in which Meeks tipped it in could have been called a block on us (our defender was not set).

The point is that it had to be one of three things.  It was either a foul, a charge, or a walk.  It was one of those three.

Having said that, if we pull down the board on that play, we probably win the game.

ricepig

Quote from: hogz11 on March 19, 2017, 07:55:25 pm
Hogs shoot 8 free throws all game. UNC shoots 25.

Hogs are called for 20 fouls. UNC for 10.

That's ridiculous and pathetic garbage.

https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/843627418007093248

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

sickboy

Quote from: hogz11 on March 19, 2017, 07:55:25 pm
Hogs shoot 8 free throws all game. UNC shoots 25.

Hogs are called for 20 fouls. UNC for 10.

That's ridiculous and pathetic garbage.

I'd have to look it up, but I feel like we regularly out foul teams we play. That margin isn't crazy for the way Arkansas plays.

It does feel like a very low amount of free throws for us though. Feels like we usually get to the stripe more often.

ricepig

Quote from: sickboy on March 19, 2017, 07:59:14 pm
I'd have to look it up, but I feel like we regularly out foul teams we play. That margin isn't crazy for the way Arkansas plays.

It does feel like a very low amount of free throws for us though. Feels like we usually get to the stripe more often.

https://twitter.com/Dedsports/status/843627418007093248