Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fly in the NCAA ointment

Started by LRHawg, March 14, 2017, 01:04:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GuvHog on March 15, 2017, 09:40:19 am
100% agree. The NBA needs to change to a "3 and done" rule like the NFL has.
The National Football League doesn't set a minimum age for players. However, NFL rules state that you must be out of high school for at least three years before you are eligible to play. The rule helps ensure players are physically and mentally ready for the NFL. "Google"

Sounds good to me.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ChicoHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 15, 2017, 09:07:21 am
dude, we have beaten them as often as theyve beaten us under Anderson. We have 2 25 win seasons in the last 3 years and that's with us missing out on the best two players from Arkansas in the past decade. We wont be missing out on those guys anymore. If we had KaVaughn and Monk right now, we'd already be the #1 SEC team,.
I'm talking big picture.  UK has dominated SEC basketball forever.  we had a nice little run in the early 90s and that has been it since we joined the conference.  Maybe with the new influx of players the next couple of years we can get back to elite status but we are not there yet.  It's much better for the conference if there are 2 or even more teams competing for national attention, not just UK.  When UF was good a few years ago it gave the SEC pretty good publicity.  That's what Sankey and the big shots want.  Not just a one team league. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: GuvHog on March 15, 2017, 08:26:52 am
The thing that helps Kentucky stay Elite and keeps Arkansas from seriously competing Nationally is the NBA's "One and Done" draft rule. Calipari just gets a bus load of 5 star elite players every year, wins, they opt for the NBA Draft, and he gets another bus load for the next year. He isn't the only one doing it. There are a few Elite schools that do it too and they are the ones that dominate College basketball. Because of that rule, it's far more difficult for coaches to build programs. If the NBA changed to a "3 and done" rule, the 5 star Elite players at schools like UK would not be eligible for the draft this year meaning they could not go out and hoard all of the 5 star players coming out of High School which would allow other schools to get them thus leveling the playing field.

Mike Anderson is doing a great job but the "One and Done" rule will keep him form having any chance to have the success Nolan had when recruits had to play 4 years before being eligible for the NBA Draft.

When did recruits have to play 4 years before being eligible for the NBA?

HogAllMighty

Quote from: hogwood on March 14, 2017, 01:53:35 pm
Could be very interesting. We've already got a borderline 5-star in Perry saying things like "Arkansas is my Kentucky". If in 2020 we can get Moody, Doakes, and Moore on that page - we will have some more elites to go to battle.

2020?  With our current President we all may gone from this planet.  Better take it one year at a time. Lol

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HogAllMighty on March 16, 2017, 11:14:36 am
2020?  With our current President we all may gone from this planet.  Better take it one year at a time. Lol

Make Arkansas Great Again!       :)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pork Twain

By now Wal-Mart has got to be running low on tin foil, with all of the hats being made by Hogville posters.  (everything after the comma was for those that would not get where I was going with the first part).
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogfanny

Quote from: WorfHog on March 14, 2017, 09:06:48 pm
The thing that pisses my off most of Finebaum is that he wouldn't be caught dead interrupting his heroes Saban and Calipari. Show Coach A some respect you milquetoast jock sniffing front runner loving talentless AlabamaTennessee hack. Dude couldn't even cut it in Tennessee where he went to school so he ran off to Alabama to rile up a bunch of dumb rednecks who became unfunny and uninteresting caricatures, just like Finebaum.

F Paul Finebaum and F the Blue Bloods!
You nailed finbum .he sucks green donkey -----.

LRHawg

See, I told you guys. We Allllmost took the next step in spite of 10 vs 20 fouls called and late killer calls! I truly believe we're back. Time to start recruiting Macon and Barford.