Tusks

247 has him 60% ND.

When did this happen?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ThisGuy

Quote from: tusked on December 18, 2017, 10:54:17 pm
247 has him 60% ND.

When did this happen?
I'm pretty sure picks started trending that way after BB was fired. If I'm not mistaken he is waiting till February now to sign so the new staff will have plenty of time to build a relationship

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Steef

Quote from: blu on December 19, 2017, 03:07:53 am
I think that's good news for us.

He's good enough for Notre Dame, but not us?

🤔

Hou-Hog

Quote from: Steef on December 19, 2017, 05:10:55 am

🤔
The comment was that it is good that he's waiting until late  signing period so that he can get it acquainted with the new staff

Steef

Quote from: Hou-Hog on December 19, 2017, 05:50:17 am
The comment was that it is good that he's waiting until late  signing period so that he can get it acquainted with the new staff

My bad. Thanks.

Never post pre-coffee.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 19, 2017, 08:20:55 am
Would be hard to turn down ND. Their coach is kind of a jackass, but it's undoubtedly a great school with a lot of tradition with a legendary football program. Kudos to the kid for waiting until Feb to get to know the new coaches. After already committing as an in-state kid, that should mean something. Him waiting makes me think he'll be a Hog. If he liked the old coaching staff and their incompetency, he should get excited about the possibility of actually winning with the new coaches, along with a style of offense that's similar to what he did in HS.

When I was a kid I really liked ND, but I can say now it absolutely would not be hard for me to turn them down. There is winter and there is WINTER. And I just can't live with the version they get.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

AirWarren

247 has him 60% ND.

When did this happen?

Who cares. He is gone and not coming back.

Press forward.

RaisinHog

ND is in my top 5 most hated programs .. that is all

NWAHog479

Quote from: AP85 on December 19, 2017, 08:53:28 am

Press forward.
He literally visited campus last weekend. Settle down Francis.

Vantage 8 dude

December 19, 2017, 11:11:06 am #11 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:37:37 pm by Vantage 8 dude
247 has him 60% ND.

When did this happen?
Well we will see. I believe the decision to wait until February favors us. Otherwise why wouldn't he go ahead and sign with he Irish? No assurance that the position will remain open to them by waiting. On the other hand, for this instate prospect the Hogs WILL be willing to hold a scholarship open.

onebadrubi

Press forward.

Lol, sometimes I really wonder if you are just here to troll and are bored. You literally have no support of this program or the university. 

hogsanity

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 19, 2017, 08:49:26 am
When I was a kid I really liked ND, but I can say now it absolutely would not be hard for me to turn them down. There is winter and there is WINTER. And I just can't live with the version they get.

Notre Dame the image and ND the reality are two very different things. The campus is somewhat sterile, many of the buildings are just plain gray stone. South Bend is not that big, and many of the students take the train to Chicago on Fri/Sat night.

We were somewhat disappointed when we took our son there for a visit.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Charlie Polk

Quote from: hogsanity on December 19, 2017, 11:33:08 am
Notre Dame the image and ND the reality are two very different things. The campus is somewhat sterile, many of the buildings are just plain gray stone. South Bend is not that big, and many of the students take the train to Chicago on Fri/Sat night.

We were somewhat disappointed when we took our son there for a visit.

That and a train ride on Fri/Sat night through Gary, Calumet City, and the South Side is not something I would want my son doing on a regular basis.

nationwish

I go to South Bend for work once a year. Every time I've asked people what there is to do there I have pretty much gotten blank looks in response. There is very little going on there. It makes Arkansas towns look exciting. And at least in Arkansas you have warm weather.

Vantage 8 dude

Press forward.
Glad you're so much in the know on this. I hope that you've both informed the coaching staff not to waste their time and are also going to give us the 100% inside scoop on what the rest of our recruits are going to decide. I mean since you're on the inside and all.......

rmcchris

Someone with inside connections (lord knows we have a lot of those on here!), tell the coaching staff to flip a kid from the Nashville, TN metro.  Cole Mabry. Wanted to be a Hog, but no consideration from previous staff, yet ND was quick to pounce on him and make an offer.  My son played with him.  Quality O-lineman, great person. Uncle was all-American at AR. Jim Mabry.  Also offers from IA State, Memphis and others. He should be a Hog!

SDZ_Hog

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rmcchris on December 19, 2017, 02:49:07 pm
Someone with inside connections (lord knows we have a lot of those on here!), tell the coaching staff to flip a kid from the Nashville, TN metro.  Cole Mabry. Wanted to be a Hog, but no consideration from previous staff, yet ND was quick to pounce on him and make an offer.  My son played with him.  Quality O-lineman, great person. Uncle was all-American at AR. Jim Mabry.  Also offers from IA State, Memphis and others. He should be a Hog!
Well no doubt some will blame CCM for that oversight as well. Heck, any kid who didn't get an offer from the Hogs  or sign with us this year is apparently the direct result of Morris not doing his job over (less) than two weeks he's been here. Some really do need to get a major grip on reality.

HognotinMemphis

If I am ND, 60% not very high. I'd say he will not go to ND. May not go to Arkansas either, but I bet he doesn't end up at ND.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BR

Notre Dame signed 20 people so far today, he has not been one of them..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

HamIAm

Definitely need to give him a look if he doesn't sign early

Edit: Mabry is already signed with ND

The Hawg Marshal

He signed with ND today.

rmcchris

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 19, 2017, 03:12:41 pm
Well no doubt some will blame CCM for that oversight as well. Heck, any kid who didn't get an offer from the Hogs  or sign with us this year is apparently the direct result of Morris not doing his job over (less) than two weeks he's been here. Some really do need to get a major grip on reality.
Shouldn't blame CCM at all.  Just hoping they reconsider some misses by the previous staff!  Seems if the other P5 schools says a kid is good enough, then maybe he is, and one that wants to be a Hog badly is a factor as well.

nwahogfan1

Can you call that UA coaches and tell them.  I am sure they would love hearing from u.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 20, 2017, 09:58:32 am
He signed with ND today.
That is who I would have signed with if I were him.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

rmcchris

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 20, 2017, 01:42:03 pm
Can you call that UA coaches and tell them.  I am sure they would love hearing from u.
Hey, I might just do that smart ass.  I'm sure you know so much about the program.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: nationwish on December 19, 2017, 01:08:54 pm
I go to South Bend for work once a year. Every time I've asked people what there is to do there I have pretty much gotten blank looks in response. There is very little going on there. It makes Arkansas towns look exciting. And at least in Arkansas you have warm weather.
This is accurate. I was just there in late Sept. It has lost population over past 50 years. I lived in Niles, MI (6 miles north of SB) from '73 to '75 and though it is a child's recall, I thought SB was nice then. I looked it up and it is down to around 100,000 pop in the city limits. Its peak pop was 132,000 around 1960..Studebaker was making its cars there then and other heavy industry was present as well. All that gone now. I guess industry has closed and/or moved out for greener pastures. It looks sort of rough around the edges other than near the ND campus. 4th largest city in Indiana.

ricepig

Quote from: rmcchris on December 20, 2017, 01:50:10 pm
Hey, I might just do that smart ass.  I'm sure you know so much about the program.

Actually the staff did reach out to him before the dead period and he said he was going to sign with ND.

rmcchris

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2017, 01:52:20 pm
Actually the staff did reach out to him before the dead period and he said he was going to sign with ND.
Great to know and thanks for the info.  I know his dad fairly well but haven't spoke with him in a while.  He will be appreciative of the follow up by our new staff.  That was my point, I hope the new staff does some follow up on other recruits that were written off by the previous staff. This just confirms they are working hard and not missing much, if anything.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 20, 2017, 01:51:31 pm
This is accurate. I was just there in late Sept. It has lost population over past 50 years. I lived in Niles, MI (6 miles north of SB) from '73 to '75 and though it is a child's recall, I thought SB was nice then. I looked it up and it is down to around 100,000 pop in the city limits. Its peak pop was 132,000 around 1960..Studebaker was making its cars there then and other heavy industry was present as well. All that gone now. I guess industry has closed and/or moved out for greener pastures. It looks sort of rough around the edges other than near the ND campus. 4th largest city in Indiana.

They are doing alot of construction downtown right now. Seemed okay when we visited, but nothing special. Did not look like a college town. I think the image of ND and the reality are two very different things.

But a degree from ND carries some weight, and it'd be hard for a college football player to turn them down I would think.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jacobp

South Bend isn't nearly as bad as some people try and make it out to be. There's plenty to do if you know where to look. Great restaurants opening up constantly, a progressive mayor that is attracting modern jobs to the area and as bad as the winters may be (not that bad), the summers here and in Michigan cannot be beat

Vantage 8 dude

Having some trouble separating two kids who have been mentioned in this same thread. Obviously it began with Jones but then someone jumped in with the young man (Mabry) from the Nashville, TN. area. Apparently the latter did sign with ND; however, I'm not certain as to the status of Luke. Is he planning on waiting until February or has he already been snatched up?

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: jacobp on December 20, 2017, 02:27:09 pm
South Bend isn't nearly as bad as some people try and make it out to be. There's plenty to do if you know where to look. Great restaurants opening up constantly, a progressive mayor that is attracting modern jobs to the area and as bad as the winters may be (not that bad), the summers here and in Michigan cannot be beat
Sunny Italy if you like Italian food.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

rmcchris

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 20, 2017, 02:34:54 pm
Having some trouble separating two kids who have been mentioned in this same thread. Obviously it began with Jones but then someone jumped in with the young man (Mabry) from the Nashville, TN. area. Apparently the latter did sign with ND; however, I'm not certain as to the status of Luke. Is he planning on waiting until February or has he already been snatched up?
Sorry for the confusion, that was me on the Nashville front. My understanding is that Luke is waiting until Feb to make his announcement.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rmcchris on December 20, 2017, 02:53:47 pm
Sorry for the confusion, that was me on the Nashville front. My understanding is that Luke is waiting until Feb to make his announcement.
Thanks for the clarification. That's as I suspected.

HamIAm

Quote from: jacobp on December 20, 2017, 02:27:09 pm

The winters aren't that bad?  I guess it depends on what you grow up with and are used to.

I looked online and see a range reported for average annual snowfall, the chamber of commerce type website says 39 inches per year, another climate site says 81 inches, I'm guessing its somewhere in between. The 24 hour record snowfall is 23 inches and the average high in January is 30 degrees.

For someone raised in the south, any of those qualify as a pretty tough winter.

IrishShenanigans69

So funny to hear people talk about NDs winters.  As someone who grew up in the Ark Delta, visiting ND in winter and seeing how beautiful the campus was is one of the main reasons I attended lol.  The business school being so highly ranked was a nice bonus.

To each their own!  I wanted to get a way from the humidity and mosquitos for a few years lol.  Feet of snow was better for me.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2017, 01:52:20 pm

I know Cole and his family well. He and my son have played together since 7th grade.  They have covered each other's backs as Hogs fans.  Cole's mom grew up in Fayetteville and his mom and dad met at UA.  His grandfather played for Broyles and of course Jim was an All-American. 

I told EK Franks about Cole when he was a sophomore.  Cole visited for the 2016 LSU game but don't think he got a lot of love.  Notre Dame offered early and Cole hasn't wavered a bit.  Had a great senior season and was just named All-State in Tennessee.  Great kid from a great family with lots of room to grow. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Athog

Quote from: Steef on December 19, 2017, 05:10:55 am

🤔

Nobody said that!! Where did you say we were not interested?? Must be a troll!

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 20, 2017, 04:37:57 pm
I know Cole and his family well. He and my son have played together since 7th grade.  They have covered each other's backs as Hogs fans.  Cole's mom grew up in Fayetteville and his mom and dad met at UA.  His grandfather played for Broyles and of course Jim was an All-American. 

I told EK Franks about Cole when he was a sophomore.  Cole visited for the 2016 LSU game but don't think he got a lot of love.  Notre Dame offered early and Cole hasn't wavered a bit.  Had a great senior season and was just named All-State in Tennessee.  Great kid from a great family with lots of room to grow. 

Bielema didn't offer and apparently we weren't interested for some reason.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2017, 04:53:33 pm
Bielema didn't offer and apparently we weren't interested for some reason.

You are correct. Cole is an all-American kid. Don't want anyone to get the idea it had anything to do with off-field issues. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 20, 2017, 01:42:03 pm

You know their phones are open for High School coaches... So in the future, maybe correct advice can be given rather than smarminess...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Birminghog

Quote from: IrishShenanigans69 on December 20, 2017, 03:50:38 pm
So funny to hear people talk about NDs winters.  As someone who grew up in the Ark Delta, visiting ND in winter and seeing how beautiful the campus was is one of the main reasons I attended lol.  The business school being so highly ranked was a nice bonus.

To each their own!  I wanted to get a way from the humidity and mosquitos for a few years lol.  Feet of snow was better for me.

No doubt the business school is killer, but the campus and the town are nothing to write home about. Pretty much a letdown after all of the buildup that my traveling companions put forth. Good school, though, and glad you were happy there.

IrishShenanigans69

Quote from: Birminghog on December 20, 2017, 06:21:55 pm
No doubt the business school is killer, but the campus and the town are nothing to write home about. Pretty much a letdown after all of the buildup that my traveling companions put forth. Good school, though, and glad you were happy there.

To each their own.  I visited Vanderbilt, Harvard, Duke, and UofA and ND was, IMO, the most beautiful.  But again, I LOVE snow, and also find ND beautiful in the fall.  Plus, I think there's something nice about the blue collarness of SB, people there reminded me a lot of people I grew up around in NEA.

The times I went to UofA it was always gloomy and raining so I really don't have a great opinion of the campus, but fully acknowledge that th weather I had whenever I visited wasn't ideal.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 19, 2017, 08:49:26 am
When I was a kid I really liked ND, but I can say now it absolutely would not be hard for me to turn them down. There is winter and there is WINTER. And I just can’t live with the version they get.

I spent 12 years one hour and 45 minutes to the South of South Bend and the winters sucked mercilessly where I was. It's a different intensity level of suck every 35 miles north you go.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Captain Morgan

Need to change the title to Notre Shame 8) ;)

jacobp

Quote from: IrishShenanigans69 on December 20, 2017, 03:50:38 pm

Born and raised in Arkansas, been in the south bend area for 2 1/2 years now. This is my 3rd winter. I didn't find the first two to be that bad. Lots of snow but they actually know how to treat and plow roads here. It's hardly been an issue, other than I have a steep driveway so I do have to do a bit of snowblowing and salting.
South Bend definitely isn't a stereotypical college town and it has some rough parts around the edges but it's getting cleaner and more modern every day. Can't say I want to live here forever but I've enjoyed it so far. Really like being 30 minutes from a sandy beach with no damn salt water