Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enos to Michigan?

Started by twistitup, December 27, 2017, 08:32:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

thebignasty

King Kong

Hog N Bama

Hoggish1

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Scott7703

He's interviewed with multiple programs. I do expect him to land at a good one. Enos is well respected.

247Hog

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 27, 2017, 10:11:53 pm
He's interviewed with multiple programs. I do expect him to land at a good one. Enos is well respected.

I really would like to see Enos call a game with his players. I have a lot of respect for him and hope he does well as long as he isn't playing us.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

jackflash

would be a great hire for Michigan

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hog N Bama on December 27, 2017, 09:08:03 pm
I guess Enos will be able to enjoy a pool for a whole month there .  Poor guy

Isn't he from Michigan? I bet he's accustomed to the weather.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hawghiggs

They can have him. I just want the buyout lowered.

Peter Porker

Enos' offense ended up being Bielema's downfall.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

factchecker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 28, 2017, 07:55:05 am
Isn't he from Michigan? I bet he's accustomed to the weather.

Yep.  Enos played QB for Michigan State.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

oldhawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 28, 2017, 07:56:29 am

Could be that the Razorback defense also had something to do with Bielema's downfall.

jackflash

yes the defense was big reason for BB down fall

Peter Porker

Quote from: oldhawg on December 28, 2017, 07:59:38 am
Could be that the Razorback defense also had something to do with Bielema's downfall.

The year before Enos the defense was stout. We controlled the ball on offense, used a fullback to destroy linebackers, and were the toughest team on the field. In 2014 we played Bama the closest we ever played them since our last victory against them. Then Bielema switched his identity and became soft. Our offense under Enos became soft. The defense became soft.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Cinco de Hogo

Bret Bielema was the reason for Bret's downfall.

hogcards

Good for Enos.  He was the one guy I wouldn't have minded keeping around.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

King Kong

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 28, 2017, 08:11:22 am
The year before Enos the defense was stout. We controlled the ball on offense, used a fullback to destroy linebackers, and were the toughest team on the field. In 2014 we played Bama the closest we ever played them since our last victory against them. Then Bielema switched his identity and became soft. Our offense under Enos became soft. The defense became soft.

Enos is the reason the defense became soft? Could be the most ridiculous thing I have read

The Kig

Quote from: King Kong on December 28, 2017, 08:21:53 am
Enos is the reason the defense became soft? Could be the most ridiculous thing I have read

Thought the same thing.  If dumb spidey thinks Enos offense was soft, just wait till Morris starts calling plays.  Enos (when Bert wasn't meddling) had some of the best offenses in the SEC.  He turned the Allen brothers into solid SEC players, a feat only surpassed by Petrino making Dick look like an SEC player.
Poker Porker

HF#1

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 28, 2017, 08:11:22 am

I think you are putting together two events that have nothing to do with each other. The defense became soft because Bielema did a terrible job replacing Flowers, Spaight, and Philon. He replaced good/great coaches with average/below average coaches.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

buldozer

I like Enos and thought he did a good job here. Hope he has good luck wherever he lands. He is a good OC and will end up at a good program. I just hope he doesn't end up in the SEC.

NoogaHog

Quote from: factchecker on December 28, 2017, 07:59:19 am
Yep.  Enos played QB for Michigan State.

OMG!! Keith Jackson!! I miss him! A voice from my childhood!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Peter Porker

Quote from: The Kig on December 28, 2017, 08:47:59 am
Thought the same thing.  If dumb spidey thinks Enos offense was soft, just wait till Morris starts calling plays.  Enos (when Bert wasn't meddling) had some of the best offenses in the SEC.  He turned the Allen brothers into solid SEC players, a feat only surpassed by Petrino making Dick look like an SEC player.

Might want to check stats on Dick being an SEC QB. He had a better year in 2007 than 2008.

Peter Porker

When you don't have to go against a physical offense in practice you become soft on defense. It's not unheard of.

Peter Porker

Quote from: HF#1 on December 28, 2017, 08:51:00 am
I think you are putting together two events that have nothing to do with each other. The defense became soft because Bielema did a terrible job replacing Flowers, Spaight, and Philon. He replaced good/great coaches with average/below average coaches.

I never knew we'd miss Rory that much. and here I thought Hogville thought he was terrible.

He brought in Agim, Jackson, Greenlaw, etc. Plenty of talent to be a physical defense. We weren't a physical defense after 2014.

HF#1

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 28, 2017, 09:17:05 am
I never knew we'd miss Rory that much. and here I thought Hogville thought he was terrible.

He brought in Agim, Jackson, Greenlaw, etc. Plenty of talent to be a physical defense. We weren't a physical defense after 2014.

But it had nothing to do with Enos.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Tortfeasor

BB caused his own downfall by hiring Anderson. It's really that simple.

HF#1

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 28, 2017, 09:19:30 am

Yeah if you wanna blame someone blame Anderson, not Enos.

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Hog N Bama on December 27, 2017, 09:08:03 pm
I guess Enos will be able to enjoy a pool for a whole month there .  Poor guy

Hog n Bama, it looks like your 13 year old daughter got ahold of your account for a minute there. Just an FYI.

hawgtime

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 28, 2017, 07:56:29 am

Anderson as OL coach was the downfall imo.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 28, 2017, 09:19:30 am

You could argue the downfall started when we decided to part ways with Chaney.

hogcards

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 28, 2017, 10:36:45 am
You could can't argue the downfall started when we decided to part ways with Chaney Petrino.

fify and fact
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Tim Harris

Quote from: hogcards on December 28, 2017, 10:38:23 am
fify and fact

I still believe that Bielema could have got things done here if he had been able to maintain assistants at the same level as his first hires.  At best he broke even with a few of the hires but most were downgrades.

wachhog

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 28, 2017, 10:41:21 am
I still believe that Bielema could have got things done here if he had been able to maintain assistants at the same level as his first hires.  At best he broke even with a few of the hires but most were downgrades.
The ability to hire and retain excellent personnel. If that's not job requirement no.1, I don't know what is. Bret flunked.

Atlhogfan1

When hiring assistants, you have to have excellent assistants willing to leave their job to come to your program.  Most have good jobs already because they are excellent.  Coaching defense at Arkansas is not a good career move. 

Enos didn't hurt the Arkansas program.  The offensive line management did.  You can place some of the blame on Anderson but it started before he was hired as well when you factor in recruiting.  This was Bielema's failure.

As far as the D, the 2014 team myth will continue to be perpetuated.  It had some good players on it and a scheme that maxed and matched their ability.  But there is another reason why it had so much success that season. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

murthage

WOW.... Watched the first Qtr of the  1990 Michigan State game....

Enos was a VERY GOOD QB. both passing and running.

HogPharmer

That was one of those "I love lamp" type posts from him...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 28, 2017, 10:55:43 am
When hiring assistants, you have to have excellent assistants willing to leave their job to come to your program.  Most have good jobs already because they are excellent.  Coaching defense at Arkansas is not a good career move. 

Enos didn't hurt the Arkansas program.  The offensive line management did.  You can place some of the blame on Anderson but it started before he was hired as well when you factor in recruiting.  This was Bielema's failure.

As far as the D, the 2014 team myth will continue to be perpetuated.  It had some good players on it and a scheme that maxed and matched their ability.  But there is another reason why it had so much success that season.
Our opponents' quarterbacks weren't that good?

oldhog63

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 28, 2017, 09:14:46 am
When you don't have to go against a physical offense in practice you become soft on defense. It's not unheard of.
I doubt the 1's practice against each other very much. This is another reason why quality depth is important.