General Sports Discussion > Fairways and Greens

First Eagle

Pages: (1/1)

b_stackhouse:

I made my first eagle this past Saturday. Hole 1 at Shifferdecker Golf Course in Joplin, MO. It's a 497 yard, dogleg left, par 5. My drive must've taken a great kick off the cart path, because I was in the middle of the fairway and had 171 yards to the pin. Hit my 2nd shot about 20' from the hole. Made the putt and was sitting at -2.

Any of ya'll remember your first eagle?

Hawg414:

i remember my first back to back eagles.  does that count??  :)

it was a standard par 5 eagle... on in two, made the putt... then followed with holing a 6 iron approach on the par 4 next hole.  and it all seems like a million years ago.

GolfNut57:

--- Quote from: b_stackhouse on September 25, 2017, 01:06:23 pm ---I made my first eagle this past Saturday. Hole 1 at Shifferdecker Golf Course in Joplin, MO. It's a 497 yard, dogleg left, par 5. My drive must've taken a great kick off the cart path, because I was in the middle of the fairway and had 171 yards to the pin. Hit my 2nd shot about 20' from the hole. Made the putt and was sitting at -2.

--- End quote ---

Congrats. For those who have not had a hole in one and don't have the length to have a legit chance at a double eagle then making an eagle is the next big thrill. It is virtually the same as a hole in one if you score an eagle from a fairway shot. I have had several of those but just never have had the luck to make an Ace. Closest I have come to an Ace so far is on #12 at Mt Springs. Dumped first tee shot in the water, dropped a second ball on the teebox in disgust and hit it.................yeah......took one bounce on the green and rolled right into the hole. Club Pro said afterwards................"nice par".  >:(

As far as my first eagle it was at Rebsamen back in the late 80's before they renovated it. Hole #14, par 4. Hit lousy drive, skulled a 3W second shot that bounced and rolled all the way to the green and then rolled right into the hole for an eagle 2

So.....after starting -2 after the first hole what did you end up shooting?

b_stackhouse:

--- Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 25, 2017, 03:44:33 pm ---Congrats. For those who have not had a hole in one and don't have the length to have a legit chance at a double eagle then making an eagle is the next big thrill. It is virtually the same as a hole in one if you score an eagle from a fairway shot. I have had several of those but just never have had the luck to make an Ace. Closest I have come to an Ace so far is on #12 at Mt Springs. Dumped first tee shot in the water, dropped a second ball on the teebox in disgust and hit it.................yeah......took one bounce on the green and rolled right into the hole. Club Pro said afterwards................"nice par".  >:(

As far as my first eagle it was at Rebsamen back in the late 80's before they renovated it. Hole #14, par 4. Hit lousy drive, skulled a 3W second shot that bounced and rolled all the way to the green and then rolled right into the hole for an eagle 2

So.....after starting -2 after the first hole what did you end up shooting?

--- End quote ---

You had to ask, didn't you?? I shot a 82 (+11).

I didn't want to deal with the pressure of being under par, so I went ahead and made a double on 2. Pretty typical round for me after that.

Wildhog:

I don't remember my first eagle.  I do remember my first double eagle, though.

Par 5 #9 at the Lions Club in El Dorado.  Holed out my second shot.

userpick:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on September 25, 2017, 03:53:39 pm --- I don't remember my first eagle.  I do remember my first double eagle, though.

Par 5 #9 at the Lions Club in El Dorado.  Holed out my second shot.

--- End quote ---

I remember my first double eagle.

Wildhog:

--- Quote from: userpick on September 25, 2017, 03:57:57 pm ---I remember my first double eagle.

--- End quote ---

I don't have an ace.  Double eagle's all I've got to cling to.

hawgon:

I chipped in for eagle two days in a row in the same hole last year.

Arky:

--- Quote from: b_stackhouse on September 25, 2017, 01:06:23 pm ---I made my first eagle this past Saturday. Hole 1 at Shifferdecker Golf Course in Joplin, MO. It's a 497 yard, dogleg left, par 5. My drive must've taken a great kick off the cart path, because I was in the middle of the fairway and had 171 yards to the pin. Hit my 2nd shot about 20' from the hole. Made the putt and was sitting at -2.

--- End quote ---
congrats man.........golf milestones are memorable as you progress..

Arky:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on September 25, 2017, 04:44:07 pm ---I don't have an ace.  Double eagle's all I've got to cling to.

--- End quote ---
I have double digit hole in 1's...been lucky & cost me a buncha money...but who gives a schit.....
is cosmo ok........noticed he was really pissed off after game

GolfNut57:

Some of you turds on here are so old the only double eagle you had was the ones they used for money back in Civil War days.  ;)

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version