General Sports Discussion > Fairways and Greens

LPGA tour

Pages: (1/1)

GolfNut57:

I haven't seen Morgan Pressel mentioned at all so far this season. Is she just playing so bad right now that she is nowhere near the top of any leaderboard every week and thus getting no coverage or is she sitting out tournaments due to some injury problems?

EastexHawg:


--- Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 26, 2017, 11:10:22 am ---I haven't seen Morgan Pressel mentioned at all so far this season. Is she just playing so bad right now that she is nowhere near the top of any leaderboard every week and thus getting no coverage or is she sitting out tournaments due to some injury problems?

--- End quote ---

Odd you mention her, I wondered the same thing within the last few days.  I just looked her up.  Morgan is playing this year, just not very well.  She actually played in last week's Kingsmill tournament and missed the cut.  It was her 5th missed cut in 10 tournaments this season.  She has only finished inside the top 30 once.

Jackrabbit Hog:


--- Quote from: EastexHawg on May 26, 2017, 11:51:48 am ---Odd you mention her, I wondered the same thing within the last few days.  I just looked her up.  Morgan is playing this year, just not very well.  She actually played in last week's Kingsmill tournament and missed the cut.  It was her 5th missed cut in 10 tournaments this season.  She has only finished inside the top 30 once.

--- End quote ---

I remember when Morgan and Paula Creamer were teens that were supposed to succeed Annika as the top players in the game and lead an American renaissance on the women's tour.  Both played well the first few years they were on tour, but both have fallen on fairly hard times recently.  Honestly, neither is a top 10 American anymore although they are still young enough that they could rebound. 

hawgon:

It seems to me that a lot of women athletes hit their peaks between the ages of 14 and 20 and then it is downhill from there.

GolfNut57:


--- Quote from: hawgon on May 26, 2017, 06:10:45 pm ---It seems to me that a lot of women athletes hit their peaks between the ages of 14 and 20 and then it is downhill from there.

--- End quote ---

Somebody should tell Laurie Davies that. The old battleaxe is still out there despite being near 70........or so it seems. No idea why she even bothers to play on the tour anymore. She is way past the point of being able to seriously contend for a title and is only taking up a spot a young and more competitive golfer should have.

Jackrabbit Hog:


--- Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 26, 2017, 09:29:08 pm ---Somebody should tell Laurie Davies that. The old battleaxe is still out there despite being near 70........or so it seems. No idea why she even bothers to play on the tour anymore. She is way past the point of being able to seriously contend for a title and is only taking up a spot a young and more competitive golfer should have.

--- End quote ---

She's trying to pick up the cute Koreans.

EastexHawg:

The top three after round three of the Volvik are:

Shanshan Feng
Lizette Salas
Suzann Pettersen

One of these things is not like the others.  If the final round is washed out and they decide to determine the champion through a Hostess Twinkie eating contest I know who my money is NOT on.

GolfNut57:


--- Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 27, 2017, 08:14:08 am ---She's trying to pick up the cute Koreans.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately for her she is past her prime and well out of contention for that too. .  ;)

hogbud:


--- Quote from: EastexHawg on May 27, 2017, 06:03:31 pm ---The top three after round three of the Volvik are:

Shanshan Feng
Lizette Salas
Suzann Pettersen

One of these things is not like the others.  If the final round is washed out and they decide to determine the champion through a Hostess Twinkie eating contest I know who my money is NOT on.

--- End quote ---


Salas could use a Salad

EastexHawg:


--- Quote from: hogbud on May 27, 2017, 07:29:17 pm ---
Salas could use a Salad

--- End quote ---

Yes she could, and she is a Victoria's Secret model compared to Feng.

hawgon:


--- Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 26, 2017, 09:29:08 pm ---Somebody should tell Laurie Davies that. The old battleaxe is still out there despite being near 70........or so it seems. No idea why she even bothers to play on the tour anymore. She is way past the point of being able to seriously contend for a title and is only taking up a spot a young and more competitive golfer should have.

--- End quote ---

Davies is a woman?  Who knew?

sevenof400:


--- Quote from: hawgon on May 28, 2017, 01:02:29 pm ---Davies is a woman?  Who knew?

--- End quote ---

Colin Montgomery?

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version