Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daly Wins Insperity Tour Champions

Started by Pigsknuckles, May 07, 2017, 05:01:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigsknuckles

First PGA win since 2004. Congrats John.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Baconomics

The man is an incredibly gifted golfer.

hawgmasta

I just had the update on my phone! Go Big John! Always will be my favorite golfer; if NASCAR and golf had more personality like big John has then they would keep gaining popularity. Everyone obsessed with an image and what sells to the broadest audience; I want a regular guy who I can root for in the good and the bad. Like John Daly.

DeltaBoy

Congratulations to Big John .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jackrabbit Hog

He was like a NASCAR driver coasting to the checkered flag on fumes.  Tried like heck to give it away but managed to hang on.  Congrats to the big guy; maybe this will open the floodgates and he will become the next Bernhard Langer.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hoglady

Daly appears to still be loved by golf fans - most all the comments under the articles about his win are positive - from fans happy and excited to see him win again.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 08, 2017, 09:04:25 am
He was like a NASCAR driver coasting to the checkered flag on fumes.  Tried like heck to give it away but managed to hang on.  Congrats to the big guy; maybe this will open the floodgates and he will become the next Bernhard Langer.

Langer couldn't hold daly's jock strap.

Pigsknuckles

My heart sank when he missed that winning putt. Just knew it was going to a playoff.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

JoeyCapital

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 08, 2017, 11:16:03 am
Uh oh. You've summoned gohogs. He's gonna bury you with a wall of text.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

theFlyingHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 08, 2017, 11:16:03 am
Well it IS a pretty dang big jock..
Wasn't just Daly going backwards.

Arky

Quote from: hoglady on May 08, 2017, 09:11:46 am
Daly appears to still be loved by golf fans - most all the comments under the articles about his win are positive - from fans happy and excited to see him win again.
and that's amazing........he's an everyman's man

PonderinHog

Quote from: Arky on May 11, 2017, 05:50:05 pm
and that's amazing........he's an everyman's man
He should run for office...

Arky

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Arky on May 12, 2017, 10:37:09 am
run.....he played with a golf car

Been out with JD the last couple of days.. yeah, he's not running anywhere.. he drove down the middle of the fairway on most holes, pulled up to his ball, dropped his cig and hit.. he must smoke 2 packs a round...

He still brings the crowd though, even for practice rounds.. the course this week set's up perfect for JD... be nice to see him win a major on my home course.. Go JD...

Dominicanhog

Doesn't look good for the win.. but he's hitting the ball really well... needs to make some putts... he caught the bad break on the wind, playing 27 holes in 25+ mph.. on the other hand Langer will end up playing 9/10 holes in the same wind.. just like the British.. luck of the draw...

Can't take anything away from Langer, he's only missed a couple shots in 2 days...

JD is grinding and that's great to see.. he had several chances to fold in the wind yesterday and he kept battling.. several Hog fans out watching, hopefully he can  go low today.