General Sports Discussion > Fairways and Greens

Zurich Classic, yay or nay?

Pages: (1/1)

ricepig:

The Zurich Classic is a 2 man team event this week, your thoughts on this type of format as a regular tour event.  I guess it's ok, I'm just used to seeing this type of play in the Ryder or President's Cup action, you know, us against them.

Boarcephus:

--- Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2017, 05:55:42 pm ---The Zurich Classic is a 2 man team event this week, your thoughts on this type of format as a regular tour event.  I guess it's ok, I'm just used to seeing this type of play in the Ryder or President's Cup action, you know, us against them.

--- End quote ---

No interest in this whatsoever.  When's the next Major? 

Boarcephus:

Just checked.  US Open is 6/15-18, British Open is 7/20-23 and the PGA is 8/10-13

ricepig:

--- Quote from: Boarcephus on April 28, 2017, 06:57:20 pm ---Just checked.  US Open is 6/15-18, British Open is 7/20-23 and the PGA is 8/10-13

--- End quote ---

I enjoy the Player's Championship because I've played there a couple of times, but yeah, the Majors are the big ones.

Boarcephus:

--- Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2017, 07:39:51 pm ---I enjoy the Player's Championship because I've played there a couple of times, but yeah, the Majors are the big ones.

--- End quote ---

The PC is basically the 5th major and it's fun to watch.  Ricky Fowler put on a show didn't he?

Dillar Dog:

Love it.  Obviously the players do too because they have a better field than I can remember.

Dillar Dog:

Never realized boarcephus was a hipster.

Nothing wrong with that, just didn't know.

HognitiveDissonance:

Some of these events all run together.
Someone needs to do something to shake things up. Guess NOLA decided to do that with their two-man event.
I like it for now, great idea. Different twist. Let's give it five years and re-evaluate.

I played TPC Louisiana at Avondale once. Wouldn't call it great, but a nice course. Of course, water everywhere, and some gators.

Jackrabbit Hog:

Let's face it.  Certain events, particularly those that are tucked in between majors, suffer from lack of interest and participation from the top players.  They set their schedules to peak for the majors, and most put a premium on making sure they don't run out of gas between the Masters and the PGA.  New Orleans is one of those events that has historically had a hard time attracting a good field, so kudos to the tournament for trying something new. 

BTW, did anybody see Jason Day's quotes about Fowler, his partner this week?  Pretty funny; something along the lines of he (Day) came to New Orleans early to practice and prepare, while Fowler prepared by spending time with his "gorgeous girlfriend."  It was tongue in cheek and got a laugh from the media guys.

Boarcephus:

--- Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 28, 2017, 09:15:45 pm ---Never realized boarcephus was a hipster.

--- End quote ---

LOL!  I had to google to see what the hell a "hipster" was!  ;)   

Boarcephus:

--- Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 07:19:56 am ---BTW, did anybody see Jason Day's quotes about Fowler, his partner this week?  Pretty funny; something along the lines of he (Day) came to New Orleans early to practice and prepare, while Fowler prepared by spending time with his "gorgeous girlfriend."  It was tongue in cheek and got a laugh from the media guys.

--- End quote ---

Is she the same one who wore the short, short shorts and looked like he picked her up at the strip club before getting too the golf course?

Jackrabbit Hog:

--- Quote from: Boarcephus on April 29, 2017, 07:39:04 am ---Is she the same one who wore the short, short shorts and looked like he picked her up at the strip club before getting too the golf course?

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure.  The one he's been with the last couple of weeks is a former Olympic pole vaulter and model.  Here's a picture.

GolfNut57:

--- Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 07:59:02 am ---I'm not sure.  The one he's been with the last couple of weeks is a former Olympic pole vaulter and model.  Here's a picture.

--- End quote ---

I would hate to date a female pole vaulter. Olympic grade or otherwise. There  would be nothing I could whup out at night to impress her.

Boarcephus:

--- Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 07:59:02 am ---I'm not sure.  The one he's been with the last couple of weeks is a former Olympic pole vaulter and model.  Here's a picture.

--- End quote ---

If that's not her she certainly looks like her.  The one I'm referring to is Alexis Randock.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: Boarcephus on April 29, 2017, 09:11:12 am ---If that's not her she certainly looks like her.  The one I'm referring to is Alexis Randock.

--- End quote ---

hogbud:

Awful event....you play to win

Jackrabbit Hog:

--- Quote from: hogbud on April 29, 2017, 10:32:49 am ---Awful event....you play to win

--- End quote ---

Welcome to Hogville, Herman!

HognitiveDissonance:

--- Quote from: Boarcephus on April 29, 2017, 09:11:12 am ---If that's not her she certainly looks like her.  The one I'm referring to is Alexis Randock.

--- End quote ---
So when Rickie won the Players (no pun intended) a few years ago, that chick he was with then...he's no longer dating her, I guess. This was when Rickie went eagle, birdie, birdie on 16,17,18 at Sawgrass to force a playoff, then birdied 17 twice in the playoff to win. The gal and her mom had left for the airport, but they came rushing back.

sevenof400:

--- Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 28, 2017, 09:15:45 pm ---Never realized boarcephus was a hipster.

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't that be: aging hipster?

ricepig:

--- Quote from: sevenof400 on April 29, 2017, 03:42:19 pm ---

--- End quote ---

Is that a titanium or regular metal hip??

Boarcephus:

--- Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 29, 2017, 02:43:58 pm ---So when Rickie won the Players (no pun intended) a few years ago, that chick he was with then...he's no longer dating her, I guess. This was when Rickie went eagle, birdie, birdie on 16,17,18 at Sawgrass to force a playoff, then birdied 17 twice in the playoff to win. The gal and her mom had left for the airport, but they came rushing back.

--- End quote ---

I'd forgotten that.  She (and he) took some flak over how she was dressed.  She certainly enjoyed the spotlight being with him provided her. 

Dillar Dog:

Wow.  Kisner and Brown are destroying this back 9.

Dillar Dog:

Or front.  Same thing.

But different.

majestic:

--- End quote ---
Allison Stokke. Lucky M'fer.

http://www.golf.com/extra-spin/photo/2017/04/27/meet-rickie-fowlers-girlfriend-allison-stokke?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

sevenof400:

--- Quote from: majestic on April 30, 2017, 06:12:58 pm ---Allison Stokke. Lucky M'fher.

http://www.golf.com/extra-spin/photo/2017/04/27/meet-rickie-fowlers-girlfriend-allison-stokke?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

--- End quote ---

Emphasis added.

Dillar Dog:

She's hot.  Her nose outgrew her face though.  Rickie might take care of that for her.

Boarcephus:

--- Quote from: sevenof400 on April 29, 2017, 03:42:19 pm ---

--- End quote ---

LOL!   Getting to where I really hate all young people, and that especially includes you and ricepig!  :) 

sevenof400:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFI0NEsXenk

Boarcephus:

--- Quote from: sevenof400 on April 30, 2017, 08:51:21 pm ---//www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFI0NEsXenk
--- End quote ---

LOL!  Prick!  At least this has been educational because I now know what a "hipster" is so I guess that's good. 

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version