General Sports Discussion > Fairways and Greens

RBC Heritage (Hilton Head)....

Pages: (1/1)

sevenof400:

....just got real interesting with a group of what seems to be a thousand in contention.  And Schneiderjans looking for his first title.

ricepig:

It appears the beach ball Dufner ate, is trying to come back up, he's choking on something.....

Boarcephus:

Guess it could be the post Master's Hangover but I haven't been able to get into this tournament in the least. 

GolfNut57:

--- Quote from: sevenof400 on April 16, 2017, 03:45:52 pm ---....just got real interesting with a group of what seems to be a thousand in contention.  And Schneiderjans looking for his first title.

--- End quote ---

With that hair I guess he is going for the young Tom Cruise look.

sevenof400:

--- Quote from: Boarcephus on April 16, 2017, 05:36:32 pm ---Guess it could be the post Master's Hangover but I haven't been able to get into this tournament in the least.

--- End quote ---

I do know there is a Master's hangover of another type - CBS is doing its best to cram in all the commercials it couldn't last weekend. 
DVR to the rescue!

sevenof400:

--- Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 16, 2017, 06:00:14 pm ---With that hair I guess he is going for the young Tom Cruise look.

--- End quote ---

Had he won today, I wonder if he would he joined in #SB2K18.....

East TN HAWG:

My brother in law is Ollie's caddie.  Hasn't wore a hat since little league. 

majestic:

--- Quote from: East TN HAWG on April 16, 2017, 08:06:45 pm ---My brother in law is Ollie's caddie.  Hasn't wore a hat since little league. 

--- End quote ---
Why won't your brother-in-law wear a hat?

East TN HAWG:

Lance does.  Ollie does not like them.   

Everywhere they go people ask him about it.

EastexHawg:

Hardly any of the top players used to wear hats.  Snead did and sometimes Hogan, but for the most part bare headed was the norm even through the early days of Mickelson's career.  Maybe sponsorship wasn't as much a concern.

East TN HAWG:

Yeah, I was watching some 80s replay and they were not wearing hats.  Ollie is the exception now, and drunks say a lot thinks to him during rounds about not wearing a hat.

majestic:

--- Quote from: East TN HAWG on April 16, 2017, 08:33:25 pm ---Lance does.  Ollie does not like them.   

Everywhere they go people ask him about it.

--- End quote ---
I was just being pedantic. If I had hair like Ollie does, I'd never wear a hat.

East TN HAWG:

No worries.  That was the first time they have played that course.  Only got to practice 9 holes and it was with Bryan.   

HognitiveDissonance:

I'm not crazy about hats, either, so I compromised and wear a visor.

Has anyone played Harbour Town Golf Links?
I have it on my video game. The trees drive me crazy on some holes. The game is very life-like so I can imagine it's a very tight course to play.
In general, how would you assess the golf courses on Hilton Head Island?

East TN HAWG:

--- Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 16, 2017, 09:02:22 pm ---I'm not crazy about hats, either, so I compromised and wear a visor.

I have it on my video game. The trees drive me crazy on some holes. The game is very life-like so I can imagine it's a very tight course to play.

--- End quote ---

Not played it, but I just asked Lance why Ollie was teeing off with irons.   He said because of the trees you had to be very specific with drives.  They need to be certain lengths and in certain sides of the fairway.  Sounds like you video game assessment is right.

majestic:

--- Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 16, 2017, 09:02:22 pm ---I'm not crazy about hats, either, so I compromised and wear a visor.

--- End quote ---
A visor? Now I just hate you in general. :)

ricepig:

--- End quote ---

Yes, and a few other courses in the area. Besides Harbour Town, we played Heron Point, Palmetto Dunes, and CC of Hilton Head. All of them were enjoyable and reasonably priced.

GolfNut57:

--- Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2017, 09:27:57 pm ---Yes, and a few other courses in the area. Besides Harbour Town, we played Heron Point, Palmetto Dunes, and CC of Hilton Head. All of them were enjoyable and reasonably priced.

--- End quote ---

Define reasonably priced.

Jackrabbit Hog:

--- Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2017, 09:27:57 pm ---Yes, and a few other courses in the area. Besides Harbour Town, we played Heron Point, Palmetto Dunes, and CC of Hilton Head. All of them were enjoyable and reasonably priced.

--- End quote ---

I've played Palmetto Dunes and Oyster Reef.  Checked about Harbor Town, too rich for my blood. 

ricepig:

--- Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 16, 2017, 10:26:45 pm ---Define reasonably priced.

--- End quote ---

Well, depends on the time of the year you are there, but I seem to remember around $100-$125. Now, Harbour Town was more, but courses that you can play that are on the PGA tour, usually are. It was $200+, I believe. I think we had some kind of discount that came with our house rental, if I remember correctly.

Jackrabbit Hog:

--- Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2017, 07:37:36 am ---I think we had some kind of discount that came with our house rental, if I remember correctly.

--- End quote ---

You must've stayed in the lighthouse.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 17, 2017, 10:34:45 am ---You must've stayed in the lighthouse.

--- End quote ---

It was hard to sleep there, the nightlight was very bright.

HognitiveDissonance:

--- Quote from: East TN HAWG on April 16, 2017, 09:14:39 pm ---Not played it, but I just asked Lance why Ollie was teeing off with irons.   He said because of the trees you had to be very specific with drives.  They need to be certain lengths and in certain sides of the fairway.  Sounds like you video game assessment is right.

--- End quote ---
Yea, it's the Tiger Woods video game, Masters edition. Has Augusta National and a bunch of other course, including Harbour Town.
It's very good.
Take the first hole at Harbour Town: it's a short par-4, but there is a tree on the right that forces a 'cut' shot that fades from left to right into the fairway. But you can't bomb a drive way down the left side, either, because there is another tree in front of the green, which blocks the entire left side of the fairway if you get too close to it. So, the ideal shot is a layup/fade to find the right side of the fairway OR a layup 3-iron down the left side giving enough room to loft an iron over the second tree and onto the green.
Personally, you might say it's a great course requiring more thought to play, to me though, the trees overhanging the fairway tend to be irritants. And you also have the tree right in the MIDDLE of the fairway on #16. The course is a little too tree-lined for my tastes.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version