Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nike getting out of the golf club market

Started by bighogdaddy, August 03, 2016, 06:34:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bighogdaddy

Boarcephus

Guess Rory doesn't carry the weight that Tiger did. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 03, 2016, 06:45:31 pm

Or maybe all that talk from a few years ago about them being able to win with inferior equipment was true after all.

It doesn't hurt my feelings that they're getting pushed aside.  Being big and loud and brash doesn't always mean you're good.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pigture perfect

I think I'll put my Nike putter and driver aaa and see what they might be worth later. I don't get a chance to use them much anyway.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoosier

Who wins the bidding war for Rory?
Will Tiger get a contract with another manufacturer even though he will probably never play again?

Jim Harris

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 03, 2016, 06:45:31 pm

yep. Just look at what's happened with EA's PGA Tour Golf franchise.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoosier on August 04, 2016, 11:58:02 am
Who wins the bidding war for Rory?
Will Tiger get a contract with another manufacturer even though he will probably never play again?

Tiger will get a contract, but it won't resemble the one he had with Nike.  But he's Tiger and everyone in the world knows who he is, so he'll get a nice deal somewhere.  As for Rory, he is still one of the top 2-3 draws in the game, but he needs to turn his putting and his head around; otherwise he's going to slip into that second tier of pros that make tons of money, win tournaments, but don't move the needle at all (Stenson, DJ, etc.).  There's nothing wrong with that and you can still retire at an early age to a billion dollar mansion in Dubai, but at the same time your overall career might be looked upon as an underachievement.

Tiger brought the less-than-casual fan to golf.  That fan did not become a fan of golf; he was a fan of Tiger.  Now with Tiger gone - and he is most definitely gone as a competitive professional - those fans are gone too.  Golf is still in great shape; it's not going anywhere.  But the Tiger hysteria that everyone thought was going to result in a worldwide flocking of the masses to golf never really happened. 
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Ex-Trumpet

Has Nike ever made an iron that wasn't somebody else's with a swoosh on it?

Nike drivers...even the best player in the world couldn't hit it.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 10, 2016, 01:35:06 pm
Has Nike ever made an iron that wasn't somebody else's with a swoosh on it?

Nike drivers...even the best player in the world couldn't hit it.

Yes.  That's why they sucked.

Noonan

I have an old Nike Sasquatch Sumo Driver that I absolutely love to hit.  It sounds like hitting a beer can with a baseball bat, but it goes straight and long.  :)

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Noonan on August 15, 2016, 11:45:07 pm
I have an old Nike Sasquatch Sumo Driver that I absolutely love to hit.  It sounds like hitting a beer can with a baseball bat, but it goes straight and long.  :)

root_hawg