Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ozark Amateur

Started by b_stackhouse, July 05, 2016, 10:34:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

b_stackhouse

I'm playing in the Ozark Amateur this weekend at Schifferdecker Golf Course in Joplin, MO. It will be the first time I have played "competition golf." Should be a good time. There is no way I win or even come close. I'm hoping to luck into a good flight position after day 1, and maybe end up in the top 3 of that flight after day 2. Any suggestions from those who have experience with tournament golf?

Wildhog

Quote from: b_stackhouse on July 05, 2016, 10:34:32 pm
I'm playing in the Ozark Amateur this weekend at Schifferdecker Golf Course in Joplin, MO. It will be the first time I have played "competition golf." Should be a good time. There is no way I win or even come close. I'm hoping to luck into a good flight position after day 1, and maybe end up in the top 3 of that flight after day 2. Any suggestions from those who have experience with tournament golf?

Get drunk the night before.

And just treat it as another round of golf.  Don't do anything differently than you normally would.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogbud

No gimmees...putt em out

ricepig

Quote from: hogbud on July 06, 2016, 06:52:37 pm
No gimmees...putt em out
Roll the ball around until you got it set up nice and pretty....

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2016, 07:10:15 pm
Roll the ball around until you got it set up nice and pretty....

And cut a hole in your pocket. If you can't find a ball, just walk around acting like you are searching for it and secretly drop a new ball through the hole and act like you found it. Might want to wear long pants.

Dr. Starcs

Bring your foot wedge.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 06, 2016, 08:24:55 pm
Bring your foot wedge.

A sharp pencil with an eraser works well.

GolfNut57

The one with the fastest cart never has a bad lie.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Pulled(PP)pork

no matter what your caddy thinks, you CAN nut that 3w to reach in two

PP

b_stackhouse

Some great pieces of advice guys. I appreciate them all. I went out and shot an 80 on day 1 and an 86 on day 2. I've been shooting in the high 80s at this course for most of the year, so I was pretty pleased with my scores. I was 1 shot off the lead in my flight after day 1. The 86 took me out of contention. The guy who won the Championship flight went 66-67. Par is 71 out there.