Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Golfer

Started by BlackKnightHogFan, June 07, 2006, 07:41:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackKnightHogFan

Hey Guys (and Gals)

I need your help.  I am a former golfer/hacker who hasn't played for a while.  I am looking to start playing again and to involve my 9 year old son.  I have been looking for complete golf club sets on the internet and have found some good deals.  My son's clubs are no big deal because all the junior sets are cheap.  However, I am looking for some decent clubs to start off with and since it has been a while.  I am asking for ya'lls opinion on clubs.  On E-Bay there is a complete set of Tommy Armour Ram clubs, Graphite Woods,4-PW steel shaft Irons, Hybrid Wood, bag etc, for $157.00  It says they are like Callaway Hawkeyes or SS King Cobras.  What do y'all think.
Upon the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that upon other fields; on other days, will bear the fruits of victory.  -Douglas MacArthur

Member #:  9524

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

O.K. My opinion.  Well I'm not a great golfer, 14 handicap, but I do believe in getting your clubs fitted to you.  I am just wary of buying something that I can't grip and swing first.  If the cost of the clubs is a problem, most good golf shops will carry knock-offs that can be fitted to your swing.  I really think you would enjoy playing with fitted clubs better than a rack set because it gives you a better opportunity to improve..  My opinion.  Good luck!

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

hawgdaddy306

If cost is an issue, but you want new stuff, and fitted, try these guys:   http://www.peacockgolf.com/

I would go with a good used set of callaways, try looking here:

www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/

With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

BlackKnightHogFan

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.
Upon the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that upon other fields; on other days, will bear the fruits of victory.  -Douglas MacArthur

Member #:  9524