Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok golfers 2 for off the first tee or not

Started by jkcrunch, June 06, 2006, 10:37:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkcrunch

Is there ever a reason for it.   So many golfers do it.

Hawg414

only if you didnt hit balls beforehand... which you should, but cant necessarily always do.

ogar_hog

The guys I play with do it because we're too lazy to get there ahead of time.  Usually I take my first because if I don't my second is awful.  Pressure or something.

HogISH™

unless i am in a tourny i take 2 off the first. most of the time (especially weekdays) my group heads from the office, grab some brew and right to the first tee. if i can make it thru the 4th hole @ 1 or 2 over it's usually a good day as my back is getting loose and the swing lube is starting to work :)

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

jkcrunch

ok here is the curve ball,  because I do rush out after work and I dont take two myself.  What if there are groups waiting behind your group.   Still take two.

HogISH™

always... understood rule of the game during pleasure golf!!

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

razorbackdan

I'm guilty of this. I'm not a great golfer by any means to begin with, but am getting better all the time. Since I'm a lefty, I get in trouble if I even slightly slice my tee shot at #1 at PV. As you know, if you are left, you F'eft. I take two on all kinds of shots if no other groups or players are directly behind me.

hogsNbeer

If my first sux off the tee, then I generally hit another.... I'm not on tour....... I always thought it was understood.....

jkcrunch

Honestly the reason I is because I am to lazy to chase down the other golf ball not for any scoring reason.   Just wanted to hear what the world thought of it.   I will say this I play PVAC in under 3 hours on the weekend morning pretty regularly and if we can after work it mean I can get in 18.

Boarcephus

Anyone in our group in entitled to 2 of the first tee but must suffer the shame that is sure to follow with the "only women and p----ies take two off the tee!"  Of course "shame" is non-fattening and free while a good drive could lead to some major cash rewards (50 cent skins plus birdies double it) so it's a no brainer.   But after that, if you don't want to play it from that lie, shouldn't have hit it there in the first place and don't dare put your grimy hands on the ball till it's on the green.   We have a good group and been together for years.  If you have thin skin, might be a little rough on you.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.