Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So isn't it about time......

Started by GolfNut57, April 21, 2017, 11:19:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

for another Hogville get together on a nearby local golf course? Weather getting better by the day and too nice to waste by not playing 18 holes.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

TheJoeyBucketz

I'm playing at 11 at the front course...
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

onebadrubi

Quote from: golf2day on April 22, 2017, 07:02:03 am

You guys are Greystone hackers, right?

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 22, 2017, 09:54:02 am
You guys are Greystone hackers, right?
Yessir.

The steady mist changed my mind about that 11:00 tee time, though.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

onebadrubi

I haven't played the front course yet this year.  I have a buddy that lives off 3 or 4 and use to play it a lot.  I'm always to play if y'all get something going. 

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 22, 2017, 10:01:29 am
I haven't played the front course yet this year.  I have a buddy that lives off 3 or 4 and use to play it a lot.  I'm always to play if y'all get something going.
Tell your buddy that I'm sorry, because if he lives on 3 or 4 I've bounced a couple of golf balls off his house.

GolfNut57

I haven't played the front course at Greystone since last year but I wouldn't mind getting back out there to play it if the conditions are decent.

FWIW I wasn't referring to a golf outing just at the Greystone courses though. I am up for a game where ever it can be played at as long as it doesn't require a drive of more than 4 hours to get to the course.

Quote from: golf2day on April 22, 2017, 07:02:03 am

Don't know how much rain Cabot got last night but at the Clinton National Airport while I was at work last night we got a lot of heavy rain during the night. Mt. Springs and Cypress both might be pretty soaked today.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Arky

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 22, 2017, 01:32:49 pm
I haven't played the front course at Greystone since last year but I wouldn't mind getting back out there to play it if the conditions are decent.

FWIW I wasn't referring to a golf outing just at the Greystone courses though. I am up for a game where ever it can be played at as long as it doesn't require a drive of more than 4 hours to get to the course.

Don't know how much rain Cabot got last night but at the Clinton National Airport while I was at work last night we got a lot of heavy rain during the night. Mt. Springs and Cypress both might be pretty soaked today.
searcy cc is dry...

ricepig

Quote from: Arky on April 26, 2017, 06:02:02 pm
searcy cc is dry...

Doesn't that go against the reasons for having a private CC in a dry country......

Arky

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2017, 07:29:19 pm
Doesn't that go against the reasons for having a private CC in a dry country......
i'm drunk & read this as sarcasm.....we have a bar......lololol

ricepig

Quote from: Arky on April 29, 2017, 04:21:39 pm
i'm drunk & read this as sarcasm.....we have a bar......lololol

I know.....just funnin...

GolfNut57

Played a course in Searcy quite a few years ago called...uhh......River Oaks I think it was. Is that course still around? If so what kind of shape is it in?

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 29, 2017, 06:27:48 pm
Played a course in Searcy quite a few years ago called...uhh......River Oaks I think it was. Is that course still around? If so what kind of shape is it in?
Nice, fun course. It's been prob 15 years since I've played there. I liked it.
No idea what shape it's in, but I haven't heard of it closing.
Zoysia fairways, had some holes right along side the Little Red River. Nice layout.

Arky

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 29, 2017, 06:27:48 pm
yes river oaks....still there & in better shape than ever but it's short & tricked up.......SCC is always in great shape & tough.......hard to shoot under par there..

GolfNut57

Quote from: Arky on May 06, 2017, 07:19:10 pm
yes river oaks....still there & in better shape than ever but it's short & tricked up.......SCC is always in great shape & tough.......hard to shoot under par there..

I played with a guy last Wed at Cypress Creek and he told me he just played River Oaks a couple days before and that it was in pathetic shape.

Arky

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 06, 2017, 09:47:26 pm
I played with a guy last Wed at Cypress Creek and he told me he just played River Oaks a couple days before and that it was in pathetic shape.
ok, been a yr since I've been there so I must be wrong.......hate the place.
SCC is very nice......in my 20's could shoot under par.....in my my 50's......hard to bust 75

if you've never played our 4-ball you might give it a try. Our pro is bruce baxley but better call now........july tourney