Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional RB is in the Patrick Carr mold

Started by scruf, December 20, 2014, 05:27:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

If Carr doesn't commit then 2015 RB Darwin Thompson (Jenks, OK) has a similar build (5'9", 185, 4.46) and skill set:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3656944/highlights/214748382

SemperFi

He has a really nice highlight video. Very shifty and fast back. Runs very tough and hits the hole quick. What's his interest in the Hogs?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

scruf

Quote from: SemperFi on December 20, 2014, 06:29:32 pm
He has a really nice highlight video. Very shifty and fast back. Runs very tough and hits the hole quick. What's his interest in the Hogs?

Not sure. He's one of probably a hundred or so 3* running backs who never get their due. I have no personal interest in the kid I just saw him against Union on FoxSports and I looked him up. If he's qualified academically and is a good kid I'm sure some offers will start coming his way. Good looking prospect.

aloha_kid

Quote from: scruf on December 20, 2014, 05:27:22 pm
If Carr doesn't commit then 2015 RB Darwin Thompson (Jenks, OK) has a similar build (5'9", 185, 4.46) and skill set:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3656944/highlights/214748382

Everything I've seen shows Darwin is a good 20 pounds lighter.  Not a huge deal, but I imagine it 20 LBs could slow him down.

xxtomassxx1980

I live in Tulsa. I will keep a close eye on him next year. Sounds like a diamond in the rough with hidden potential.

redeye

Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on December 20, 2014, 07:17:00 pm
I live in Tulsa. I will keep a close eye on him next year. Sounds like a diamond in the rough with hidden potential.

If he's a 2015 player, he won't be there next year.

I'd love to hear any reports on Tulsa players, though.

xxtomassxx1980

Haha...Totally missed that part! Jenks and Union are the powerhouses down here. OU seems to hand pick their top players.

scruf

Quote from: aloha_kid on December 20, 2014, 07:12:33 pm
Everything I've seen shows Darwin is a good 20 pounds lighter.  Not a huge deal, but I imagine it 20 LBs could slow him down.

I was going off the numbers on his Hudl page which was updated after the season.