Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 DL Tyrell Jacobs

Started by WaltonCollege, December 20, 2014, 02:16:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

From Rummell high school in LA where dwayne Eugene and toliver went just decommitted from OU. 6'4 260lb with offers from us, miss state, mizzou and others. No LSU offer. This school pumps out talent go follow on twitter and let's get this guy! @tyrelljacobs98

ldfergu

Are we looking at any more DL? Seem to be good there.

From what I read the last spots are devoted to LB and DB with maybe a RB and WR..

rzrbk_

God knows I ain't perfect and I'm not trying to wail on a kid, but I checked the his timeline and bro seems like a hot freakin mess.  There was so much drama in his tweets that the kid seems unstable.  I know talent and boy scouts don't usually go hand in hand but yeesh!  Having said that, if we offered him and he committed I would throw a party.   :razorback:

backout60

From what I've read on the sooner board. He decommited because he wants to play early and some schools are offering that. Where as OU wants him to redshirt quote from tyrell himself.  So it's a mutual parting.

Paul

If Philon goes into the draft, we'll need another DL

Oklahawg

We were on Jacobs pretty hard prior to him committing to OU. Not sure that we don't like our options with Smith (Vandy commit) and Gustin better.

OU's defense is a cluster. They should be promising early looks to every recruit they can talk to.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hogwild

My aunt use to teach at that school, they had won back to back state 5A titles, but lost in the playoffs to another catholic league rival.  There is so much talent in that league.

IBleedRazorbackRed

This is the kid we tried to get to visit with his 2016 teammate about a month ago and he wouldn't visit because he was committed to Oklahoma and their coaches didn't want him to

ricepig

I don't know if it's just me or not, but there sure seems to be a lot of de-committing lately.

redeye

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2014, 04:02:50 pm
I don't know if it's just me or not, but there sure seems to be a lot of de-committing lately.

Not just you.

Tusks

my understanding is the coaches want one more DE.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Nola

Both him and Briston Guidry '16 de committed today

Oklahawg

Quote from: tusked on December 20, 2014, 05:07:34 pm
my understanding is the coaches want one more DE.

One more DE, correct.

A lot of the shuffling can be explained with three statements:
1. mid-term enrollees have to make choices and they lock up slots (whereas commits are more fluid). You are signing in February you have time to rethink what is going on if a player signs an LOI in December at your school of choice. Not likely influencing much but some players want to be the only player at a certain position (or think they were promised as much).
2. grade issues from the fall semester start to appear. ACT scores, too, factor in. Schools wind up letting go of no-shots (academically). They might let go of a marginal or borderline academic candidate if they have 3-4 others just like them. No school is going to get caught with 4-5 academic casualties if at all possible. This is a big deal, too, when some schools have quirky enrollment procedures that can get one marginally qualified candidate in but not the next one.
3. As more and more players commit the "lay of the land" becomes more clear. Schools begin to lock in their classes and make the final slots more obvious. Easy to see that you must have a certain recruit because they are the only "Plan A" left for a slot. They get a full-court press.

The final component to all of the above - the bowl season dead period hits so that recruits can enjoy relative peace following their decision. Do not overlook this factor! In fact, I almost erased everything else and left this paragraph. Many players have a tough time telling a school "no" and the dead period makes it easier.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra