Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have you seen the Friday A&M is having?

Started by coastalrazorback, December 19, 2014, 12:49:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coastalrazorback

Thursday they landed Christian Kirk, a 5 star receiver out of Arizona. And from the look of the Crystal ball predictions yesterday and early this morning they were getting ready to land 5 star Linebacker (and the top recruit in Texas) Malik Jefferson, along with his high school team-mate DeAndre McNeal who is a 4 star athlete.

Fast forward to now, and in the last 4 hours both Malik Jefferson and DeAndre McNeal committed to ut ::hornsdown::, then 5 star DT Daylon Mack de-comitted from the ags, and there are some rumors flying about (in regard to a tweet the his father sent out) that 5 star quarterback Kyler Murray might follow suit and de-comitt as well.

The meltdown currently taking place with the ags is on par to the meltdown that happened here when DGB chose Missouri.

ricepig

Couldn't happen to a better group, however, they'll still land plenty of 4*/5*.

alwaysnextyear

No DC. Stud recruiter wideout coach gone. Canned their OL coach.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: coastalrazorback on December 19, 2014, 12:49:03 pm
Thursday they landed Christian Kirk, a 5 star receiver out of Arizona. And from the look of the Crystal ball predictions yesterday and early this morning they were getting ready to land 5 star Linebacker (and the top recruit in Texas) Malik Jefferson, along with his high school team-mate DeAndre McNeal who is a 4 star athlete.

Fast forward to now, and in the last 4 hours both Malik Jefferson and DeAndre McNeal committed to ut ::hornsdown::, then 5 star DT Daylon Mack de-comitted from the ags, and there are some rumors flying about (in regard to a tweet the his father sent out) that 5 star quarterback Kyler Murray might follow suit and de-comitt as well.

The meltdown currently taking place with the ags is on par to the meltdown that happened here when DGB chose Missouri.

The SEC has created a monster letting A & M into the conference. 

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on December 19, 2014, 01:11:35 pm

Did you read the entire post?

Hogberry Snortcake

coastalrazorback

alwaysnextyear

Paul

forrest city joe

As long as Kevin Sumlin is coach at A&M. the Aggies will be loaded with talent. they lost those players and still have a top 10 or 15 class.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 19, 2014, 01:20:33 pm
As long as Kevin Sumlin is coach at A&M. the Aggies will be loaded with talent. they lost those players and still have a top 10 or 15 class.

they have been recruiting top 15 classes for 30 years, it's not just Sumlin... we'll see how  he does in the next few years, my guess, not that great and will be gone from A&M within 5 years.

jry04

They are potentially losing 4 top prospects, and this is the reaction you have to the OP?

redeye

I would be shocked if Murray switched, considering his father's legacy at A&M.  It would be really entertaining, though.  ;D

grayhawg

A&M with all the money and boosters was never elite in the old SWC, why people think they will be in the SEC is nearly unbelievable.

kennymayne

Quote from: redeye on December 19, 2014, 02:41:55 pm
I would be shocked if Murray switched, considering his father's legacy at A&M.  It would be really entertaining, though.  ;D

It would be so awesome if he goes in the MLB draft and signs. Never have to deal with him. One can only hope.

Choctaw Hog

Choctaw Hog

December 19, 2014, 03:02:18 pm #17 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:57:30 am by Choctaw Hog
Quote from: jry04 on December 19, 2014, 01:37:42 pm
They are potentially losing 4 top prospects, and this is the reaction you have to the OP?

Its sarcasm and a slap in the face to all those chanting that mantra when A & M came into the SEC.  Damn!   

Uncommon

We aren't having a good Friday either.  Not as bad as Texas A&M of course.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Uncommon on December 19, 2014, 03:06:56 pm

Shoot, my Friday is on point so far. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: kennymayne on December 19, 2014, 02:45:05 pm
It would be so awesome if he goes in the MLB draft and signs. Never have to deal with him. One can only hope.

I don't think he ever starts in front of the kid they have, who's a freshman .. he looked like the real deal those last few games and he had a nice resume coming out.

Dominicanhog

it would be nice to hear some good news...

ricepig

Uncommon

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 19, 2014, 03:20:42 pm
it would be nice to hear some good news...
I would just like some more Texas successes.  On next year's team we will have a total of 10 Texas players on the team.  10.  That is WAY to few to have from a talent rich neighboring state.  We should have at least double that amount on our team.

Oklahawg

Talent is talent. Where you find them, and the stars attached to them, matter less than the fact you are finding talent.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Uncommon

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 19, 2014, 03:38:21 pm
Talent is talent. Where you find them, and the stars attached to them, matter less than the fact you are finding talent.
Respectfully disagree.  I believe that a strong Dallas-Fort Worth presence is what can make this program elite.

And by no means am I dissing our current class.  Really ike our current class.  Hope we can finish with a bang.

ricepig

Quote from: Uncommon on December 19, 2014, 03:48:38 pm
Respectfully disagree.  I believe that a strong Dallas-Fort Worth presence is what can make this program elite.

And by no means am I dissing our current class.  Really ike our current class.  Hope we can finish with a bang.

We are behind the other guys, our presence will show up in 2016-2017 recruiting. It generally takes getting your foot in when they are sophomores.

The_Iceman

Just because a few recruiting experts said we had a good shot at Haughton, didn't mean that we should all be disappointed that we didn't land him. He had much better instate options, as well as Oklahoma. Jennings made a good run at him, he just decided to go elsewhere.

I think it is a good sign how good of an effort we put up to get him.

LAHogfan123

Never have understood this reasoning.  So, if we go into South Florida who's rich as far as Football talent takes a backseat to no one and grab 10 great players, you're going to piss in your wheaties because they didn't come from Texas?

Uncommon

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on December 19, 2014, 04:00:44 pm
Never have understood this reasoning.  So, if we go into South Florida who's rich as far as Football talent takes a backseat to no one and grab 10 great players, you're going to piss in your wheaties because they didn't come from Texas?
No.  I like what we're doing in South Florida but we also need to have successes in Texas when we have the chance.

I'm always glad to get signees.  Regardless of where they come from or what they're rated because they chose to spend 3, 4, or 5 years of their life in Fayetteville.

ricepig

Best of both worlds, Texas/Florida/good in-state class.

Hogdomer

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 19, 2014, 03:55:47 pm
Just because a few recruiting experts said we had a good shot at Haughton, didn't mean that we should all be disappointed that we didn't land him. He had much better instate options, as well as Oklahoma. Jennings made a good run at him, he just decided to go elsewhere.

I think it is a good sign how good of an effort we put up to get him.

What do you mean "much better instate options?"  TCU and Baylor are closer, but if you are talking on the field, we match up very well with either one.

redeye

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on December 19, 2014, 04:00:44 pm

If we could get 10 A-grade players from Florida, then so be it.  No, it doesn't matter where we get them, as long as we get them.

What some of us choose to ignore is that we're more likely to get them in Texas, because it's closer.   That's why Oklahoma currently has 7 Texas players committed, compared to 0 from Florida, while Georgia has 4 from Florida and 0 from Texas.

It doesn't matter where we get them, but our chances of getting them are greater in Texas.

redeye

Kendall Bussey surprised 247 experts by picking Tennessee over A&M today.  Vol fans are speculating that means Rocky Reid is gone.  Reed is a 6'0 220lb RB from NC we offered in March, shortly before he committed to Tennessee.  He also has offers from Georgia and Wisconsin.

Probably not the speed back we need, but if he parts ways with Tennessee, he may be another option for us.

OTTER

BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Pathogen

A&M is really good at landing talented recruits.  They are also really good at not developing those recruits, and really good at pulling in recruits that don't fit the systems/schemes run by whatever coach they have.  Maybe they can add the distinction of being really good at losing recruits too. Sumlin may be different than the coaches before him, but as of now his record is...

11-2 (2012)
9-4  (2013)
7-5  (2014)

Again, he might be better longer term than all the other Aggie coaches and do well.  But so far, he's looking like he could be yet another....Aggie coach....

Hogwild

the melt down on their board is epic-

QuoteWe don't run this state. Back to being bevo's bitch We will continue to be years away from fielding a --- lol -- "playoff caliber defense" Jefferson gone Mack gone Murray gone.....in the words of his father, "you can win in high school without defense. That's where it ends". There never was a top level D coordinator considering touching this 100+ ranked dumpster fire defense We were beat (again) by LSU's Chavis. This time off the field when he schooled Sumlin in the ways of the SEC. You can't have a successful SEC program if you don't lie and manipulate or throw around stacks of cash for buyouts(all of which we are unwilling or too stupid not to do) Oh yeah, we still can't beat LSU in anything. We are their bitch as well Basically........today 12-19-14, we are closer now and over at least the next couple years to being on the level of Arkansas/Mississippi State than being in the same league as Bama/LSU The cherry on top would be Myles Garrett declaring he's transferring(which would be a smart move by a smart athlete) So.....get plenty of booze in your system before you get into the game next year. It's going to be hard to watch average offense's r@pe our defense in the ass year after year Bring yer lube

jgphillips3

After the Barnett situation and Haughton, we just need some good news.  If Weatherby or Merrick jumped on board, it would help a lot.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hogwild on December 19, 2014, 07:39:33 pm

Reads like some HV posters are moonlighting.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hogginout

Bad week for A&M and great week for Texas.....Great week for Arkansas because now we don't have to play against these kids
Hogs 4 Life

Uncommon

Quote from: redeye on December 19, 2014, 05:16:15 pm
If we could get 10 A-grade players from Florida, then so be it.  No, it doesn't matter where we get them, as long as we get them.

What some of us choose to ignore is that we're more likely to get them in Texas, because it's closer.   That's why Oklahoma currently has 7 Texas players committed, compared to 0 from Florida, while Georgia has 4 from Florida and 0 from Texas.

It doesn't matter where we get them, but our chances of getting them are greater in Texas.
+1

redeye

Quote from: Hogwild on December 19, 2014, 07:39:33 pm

That's just sad.

Their class is still ranked 7th by 247 and they're melting that bad?  I know they lost several huge recruits today, but still.

Uncommon

Quote from: redeye on December 19, 2014, 08:46:35 pm
That's just sad.

Their class is still ranked 7th by 247 and they're melting that bad?  I know they lost several huge recruits today, but still.
Aggies...that is all.

I mean their main hashtag is #WRTS (We Run This State) and someone owns it as a trademark.

Guess who owns it?

The mom of recent Texas A&M decommit Daylon Mack.

You just can't make this stuff up.  So damn funny.

redeye

Quote from: Uncommon on December 19, 2014, 08:54:09 pm
Aggies...that is all.

I mean their main hashtag is #WRTS (We Run This State) and someone owns it as a trademark.

Guess who owns it?

The mom of recent Texas A&M decommit Daylon Mack.

You just can't make this stuff up.  So damn funny.

lol... I didn't realize that.

Didn't one of them slam A&M's defense after decommitting?

Uncommon

Quote from: redeye on December 19, 2014, 09:05:38 pm
lol... I didn't realize that.

Didn't one of them slam A&M's defense after decommitting?
That was current 2015 QB commit Kyler Murray's dad.  He basically tweeted that winning games with only offense stops after high school after elite 2015 LB prospect Malik Jefferson verbally committed to Texas this morning.

redeye

Quote from: Uncommon on December 19, 2014, 09:14:53 pm
That was current 2015 QB commit Kyler Murray's dad.  He basically tweeted that winning games with only offense stops after high school.

Yea, that was it!

Also read that Taylor Hamm reported that Sumlin held off on hiring a new DC, because he thought he could steal John Chavis from LSU.

HOGINTENNESSEE

It could be. But we can barely get highly rated kids from Texas to even visit. We are way down in the Texas pecking order behind Baylor, OU, UT, Aggies, TCU, and OSU. Most of this fall I blame in the previous 2 coaching staffs.

CBB is trying with the Jennings and E.K. Franks hires. But it will take time.

In FL we are getting big time players to visit Dalvin Cook, Jalen Merrick, JoJo Robinson, Denver Kirkland, Jackson and Alex Collins.

HOGINTENNESSEE

December 19, 2014, 09:22:40 pm #48 Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:47:16 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: redeye on December 19, 2014, 09:17:57 pm
Yea, that was it!

Also read that Taylor Hamm reported that Sumlin held off on hiring a new DC, because he thought he could steal John Chavis from LSU.

Sumlin is crazy if that's the case. Chavis would only leave LSU for one man. So far nobody has been willing to hire him and that's Fat Phil

Uncommon

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 19, 2014, 09:20:30 pm
It could be. But we can barely get highly rated kids from Texas to even visit. We are way down in the Texas pecking order behind Baylor, OU, UT, Aggies, TCU, and OSU. Most of this fall I blame in the previous 2 coaching staffs.

CBB is trying with the Jennings and E.K. Franks hires. But it will take time.

In FL we are getting big time players to visit Dalvin Cook, Jalen Merrick, JoJo Robinson, Denver Kirkland, Jackson and Alex Collins.
Agree 100%.  It will come around in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.  Just need to be patient.  And I wasn't suggesting we need to sign all of our players from Texas.  Would just like for us to start converting on Texas kids we have a good chance on.  Need to start getting those players and put the state of Texas on notice.