Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kahlil Haughton

Started by Razinhail, December 19, 2014, 12:02:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

Made it almost to 2 pages without very many stupid posts. Good!

Haughton is a "play now" recruit. OU's secondary is a white hot mess. He could start in their bowl game. Baylor narrowly missed the playoff and is the hometown school.

Hard to see this as a bad battle to lose. Jennings has made a strong impression on several DBs. If we don't land Haugton we'll get another who is just as capable.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

cbhawg03

No inside info or anything, but I'm going with the  :razorback:

Jeter_1

Barman91

ricepig

After much thought and prayer, I'm beyond blessed to announce my commitment to The University of Oklahoma! #BoomerSooner 🅾🙌

redeye

Quote from: Jeter_1 on December 19, 2014, 03:00:03 pm
OU

QuoteKahlil Haughton @Kahlilhaughton  ·  39s 40 seconds ago
After much thought and prayer, I'm beyond blessed to announce my commitment to The University of Oklahoma! #BoomerSooner 🅾

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thepigdoctor

PorkRinds

Have fun Mr. Haughton.  OU still sucks, and you gotta spend at least three years there.

ricepig

Ok, time to lock this one, nothing to see here.

WooPig90

Hogg_Phan

Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

trashcan maN

Oudabounds

WriterWrong

ricepig

PorkRinds

Over under on how many people make a new thread without reading the 3 page Haughton thread that's already here.  I'm going 4

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 19, 2014, 03:03:31 pm
Over under on how many people make a new thread without reading the 3 page Haughton thread that's already here.  I'm going 4

All Things Haughton merged.

forrest city joe

I really don't get these players going to OU.         OU is a declining program. A&M joing the sec is killing their recruiting in Texas. because it open the door for other sec programs  to recruit even more Texas talent.. and it improved A&M recruiting a lot. OU is in trouble in the years to come. it may have already started based on the year they had.

ADavisTheGOAT

Lol what is so good about OU.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

redeye

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 19, 2014, 02:47:59 pm
Hard to see this as a bad battle to lose. Jennings has made a strong impression on several DBs. If we don't land Haugton we'll get another who is just as capable.

That's the good thing about having great coaches.  You take a hit and know you'll be alright.

regi

Clay Jennings getting his Joel Thomas on I see

redeye

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 19, 2014, 03:04:57 pm
I really don't get these players going to OU.         OU is a declining program. A&M joing the sec is killing their recruiting in Texas. because it open the door for other sec programs  to recruit even more Texas talent.. and it improved A&M recruiting a lot. OU is in trouble in the years to come. it may have already started based on the year they had.

Truthfully?

Probably because it's close and they have friends there already.

Dominicanhog

hopefully they top it off with a nice loss in their bowl... doesn't matter though, they'll be preseason top 5 and #1 by many voters... then hopefully down the tubes they go again.

Deuce Pigelow

So who does that leave as a safety target?

CDBHawg

If they're in decline, sign me up to decline every year.

WooPig90

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2014, 03:03:09 pm
Or this board........

Lol theres always at least 1 who makes a new thread instead of adding on the existing one

forrest city joe

Quote from: Oudabounds on December 19, 2014, 03:02:43 pm
Saw it in twitter.   :'(
Do we really need yet another thread on this? he's a OU Sooner. time to move on. there are other good players out there.

Really wanted that guy.  Good luck to him.

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 19, 2014, 03:08:48 pm
Do we really need yet another thread on this? he's a OU Sooner. time to move on. there are other good players out there.
It happened 9 minutes ago. Not exactly old news.

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 19, 2014, 03:07:40 pm
hopefully they top it off with a nice loss in their bowl... doesn't matter though, they'll be preseason top 5 and #1 by many voters... then hopefully down the tubes they go again.

Oh, you can write that in stone, then, Big game Bob will choke away a couple of games and they will finish like normal.

WooPig90

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 19, 2014, 03:08:16 pm
So who does that leave as a safety target?

Im guessing Redwine and Kylan Johnson? And im sure there may be a few that could come out that we arent told about yet?

PorkRinds

Quote from: regi on December 19, 2014, 03:06:46 pm
Clay Jennings getting his Joel Thomas on I see

Regi drinking his hateraid I see...

ricepig

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 19, 2014, 03:08:22 pm

They are in relative terms.

WooPig90

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 19, 2014, 03:08:22 pm

Pass, if they were in the SEC they wouldnt survive. But thats for another time...

cbhawg03

gmarv

dang oh well the coaches have been doing a great job. what the word, whose next?

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on December 19, 2014, 03:08:55 pm
Really wanted that guy.  Good luck to him.

Yeah, best highlights I've seen from a safety in a long time, oh well.

RBLtoHOG

Would have rather lost him to Baylor.

Oh well. Would have been a great get but it's not going to ruin my day, nor does it impact my prediction/opinion of the direction we are headed.

Best of luck to the kid. At least he isn't going to Texas.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

redeye

QuotePJ Mbanasor @PeterJayy_2  ·  10m 10 minutes ago
@Kahlilhaughton  ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!l let's goooooo!!!!!!!!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: redeye on December 19, 2014, 03:07:35 pm
Truthfully?

Probably because it's close and they have friends there already.
Good point. but OU will not make a living in Texas anymore. their decline in recruiting in that state has already started. and it will start to show up in a few years.they will not be able to make a living in California.  that program may never be what it use to be.

CDBHawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2014, 03:10:20 pm
They are in relative terms.

52 wins in the last 5 years.

I long for the days when winning under 10 games is a sign of declination for our program.

ricepig

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 19, 2014, 03:12:50 pm
52 wins in the last 5 years.

I long for the days when winning under 10 games is a sign of declination for our program.

When they join the SECw let me know.

TMc

Sharp kid.., oh well good luck to him.

redeye

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 19, 2014, 03:12:33 pm
Good point. but OU will not make a living in Texas anymore. their decline in recruiting in that state has already started. and it will start to show up in a few years.they will not be able to make a living in California.  that program may never be what it use to be.

I hope and think you may be right.  That's why I wanna see us go head-to-head with Oklahoma on the recruiting trail each year.

CDBHawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2014, 03:13:45 pm
When they join the SECw let me know.

You could say that if they were 14-0 every year.

SEC!!! SEC!!! SEC!!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 19, 2014, 03:07:40 pm
They were top 5 again this year and crashed and burned.they are way over rated every year. that program may never be what it use to be. A&M joing the sec hurt OU bad.

regi

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 19, 2014, 03:10:08 pm
Regi drinking his hateraid I see...

Is what it is, Thomas has done ZERO in Texas recruiting, hope Jennings doesn't follow in his footsteps. At least Coach Jennings is a good on the field Coach

ricepig

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 19, 2014, 03:15:33 pm

You could say that if they were 14-0 every year.

SEC!!! SEC!!! SEC!!!!

So, you think their conference schedule is comparable?

WooPig90

Quote from: redeye on December 19, 2014, 03:12:13 pm
PJ Mbanasor @PeterJayy_2  ·  10m 10 minutes ago
@Kahlilhaughton  ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!l let's goooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Well that about closes any small shot that we had with him too