Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kahlil Haughton

Started by Razinhail, December 19, 2014, 12:02:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razinhail

RD posted several tweets regarding Haughton being on the radio tonight. Did anyone hear what he had to say?

Also seeing some reports that he could make a decision as soon as tomorrow.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

MissippHog

Saw RD's tweets.  Hoping he's giving us a little hint.

redeye

Quote from: Razinhail on December 19, 2014, 12:02:57 am
RD posted several tweets regarding Haughton being on the radio tonight. Did anyone hear what he had to say?

I heard some of it.  The only real insight I gained was that he really seems mature and intelligent for his age.  He and Josh Allen were on together and both gave impressive interviews. 

update:  Actually it was RW3 and Josh Allen who I was thinking about, but Haughton was also very impressive.

greenie

Quote from: Razinhail on December 19, 2014, 12:02:57 am

My take on the interview:  This kid is VERY well spoken and articulate.  He was measured in his responses, making all attempts not show bias in any direction.  Apparently, 4 schools visited him on Sunday, covering the hours between 2-9 pm.  He described it as an exhausting day, but realizes the importance of the moment for him.  Sounds like his parents are deeply involved in the process with him.

He apparently really likes Coach Jennings, who visited him Sunday.  He said they talk just a bit about football, but more just about life.  He also said that it is easy to relate to CBB.  He obviously likes the Hogs staff, but this kid is smart.  He gave no hints.  I'm sure he's polite and complimentary about OU, BU, TTech, and whomever else he's asked about.

redeye

Haughton retweeted this a couple of hours ago, so it doesn't look like a decision is coming tomorrow.

QuoteKevin Barrera @KBScoutBaylor  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Just spoke to @Kahlilhaughton. Said he is NOT committing tomorrow. Was asked by his coach if he was ready, and he hasn't made a decision yet

jgphillips3

Quote from: redeye on December 19, 2014, 12:35:11 am
Haughton retweeted this a couple of hours ago, so it doesn't look like a decision is coming tomorrow.

I read that as good for us then.  Considering some believe him to be a Baylor or OU lock, that would make it sound as if he is really weighing all his options and we have a shot.

GalaHawg

@DavidSmoak: Everyone waiting on Midway QB @8Hicks and his commitment today will come at 3 and so will @Kahlilhaughton's per his text to me.

TX HOG

David Smoak is connected in east texas.

Tim Harris

TheFootballBrainiacs ‏@TheFbBrainiacs  4m4 minutes ago
BREAKING: OU safety target, Kahlil Haughton (@Kahlilhaughton) tells us he will announce his decision today at 3 pm CST.

GalaHawg

None of the Arkansas guys are in on this so far... Not good :(

CDBHawg

Quote from: GalaHawg on December 19, 2014, 09:51:33 am
None of the Arkansas guys are in on this so far... Not good :(

My thoughts as well. A local radio host stated he was texted the 3pm announcement time.

alwaysnextyear

colbs

Wonder what RD thinks.  Yesterday he said he liked Arkansas chances.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

colbs

If I had to guess I think it's OU.

immahog

my guess is baylor ....would love for him to be a hog we need this type of saftey
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

hogfan2000

Danny West is ghost on this deal too.  One would have to be very optimistic if not conspiratorial to conclude that this is a good sign.

Scott7703

I'm not taking the crickets from RD, Danny, an Otis as a good thing at this point. Would love to be wrong though.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 19, 2014, 10:19:21 am
I'm not taking the crickets from RD, Danny, an Otis as a good thing at this point. Would love to be wrong though.

While I'm certainly not saying that he's comjng to the UofA, I seriously doubt that our media guys would give his announcement away by telling us to relax.
If he chooses to be a Razorback, that'll be great and if not the sun will still come up tomorrow........., I hope!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Scott7703

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 19, 2014, 10:23:41 am
While I'm certainly not saying that he's comjng to the UofA, I seriously doubt that our media guys would give his announcement away by telling us to relax.
If he chooses to be a Razorback, that'll be great and if not the sun will still come up tomorrow........., I hope!

The sun will come out either way. The point I was making was our guys are quiet while an OU reporter an also a reporter from east Texas are releasing commitment info which is generally not a good sign.

CDBHawg

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 19, 2014, 10:23:41 am

Not saying that. Just a simple tidbit of his announcement is what we're saying.

trashcan maN

Nothing recent on crystall ball. Seems like everyone is in the dark. It could be worse

ricepig

Quote from: trashcan maN on December 19, 2014, 10:32:39 am
Nothing recent on crystall ball. Seems like everyone is in the dark. It could be worse

How could it be worse when the sky is falling??

Bad News Boar

Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

trashcan maN

Youre right. We're all likely to die today. Sad stuff

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Pathogen

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 19, 2014, 10:29:35 am
The point I was making was our guys are quiet while an OU reporter an also a reporter from east Texas are releasing commitment info which is generally not a good sign.

I don't follow the logic here.  Texas media knows, Oklahoma media knows, Arkansas media does not (supposedly), so that means not Arkansas?  Does that also mean he is committing to Baylor AND Oklahoma both?

Huckleberry Pig

If I die today it's on you trashcan.  And you better believe I'll haunt your arse

trashcan maN

Quote from: Pathogen on December 19, 2014, 10:43:56 am
I don't follow the logic here.  Texas media knows, Oklahoma media knows, Arkansas media does not (supposedly), so that means not Arkansas?  Does that also mean he is committing to Baylor AND Oklahoma both?

#logic

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on December 19, 2014, 10:44:32 am
If I die today it's on you trashcan.  And you better believe I'll haunt your arse
Im skerrd of ghosties. Please dont

Dominicanhog

JIHawg

We don't live and die with every recruit's decision.  Just like we don't always get a deer when we head to the deer woods.  It's the fun of the hunt that drives us.

Huckleberry Pig

Pathogen I think it means that both of those schools likely have a better chance than we do.  Hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look great just lookin at it from an outside perspective

Pathogen

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2014, 10:34:24 am

How could it be worse when the sky is falling??

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

Wildhog

If I kicked the bucket today, I'd want a shrine to Wildhog somewhere on this board.  I'd like for it to be the new trash can, where all the troll posts go to die.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Pathogen on December 19, 2014, 10:43:56 am

some kids commit to 2 schools, 

colbs

Probably not a good sign that he started following a couple of OU commits on Twitter.

PorkRinds

The thought of someone going to OU makes me want to puke.  Maybe he will reconsider when Buck Tooth Bob leaves town, which I hope is soon. 

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on December 19, 2014, 10:48:07 am
Probably not a good sign that he started following a couple of OU commits on Twitter.

Well then, it's obvious we cut him loose...........

Pathogen

Smokescreen.

opineonswine

I don't believe in the poor lil ole Arky moniker.  I DO, however, subscribe to the poor lil ole Arky fans mentality.  Good gosh...battered wife syndrome. 

Wildhog

Quote from: opineonswine on December 19, 2014, 10:51:54 am
I don't believe in the poor lil ole Arky moniker.  I DO, however, subscribe to the poor lil ole Arky fans mentality.  Good gosh...battered wife syndrome. 

???
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dominicanhog

Has FCJ told us we are not going to get him yet?  If not, then I hold out hope, tiny amount as it is... Joe you out there?

Hogdomer

Yes, looks like we've lost this one to OU.  Using the same twitter logic, I think we get Jalen Merrick though.  All of his recent follows are UA people. 

Music City Hog

RD said he's not optimistic.

Dominicanhog

RD just posted he'll announce @ 3:00 per his mother... appears Kahlil text East Texas nad OU personalities, RD got wind and called the mother.. that's got to be good news, no wait, I mean bad news.. or is it good news?   ;D :razorback:

Pathogen

Scott7703

Quote from: Pathogen on December 19, 2014, 11:07:34 am
Awesome.  Arkansas media knows now.  That means he is going to commit to Baylor, OU, and Arkansas all three!   ;D

Sometimes common sense is the only logic needed. Appears some may be lacking with you though.

Well on to the next guy. Maybe Merrick will pull the trigger for us.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 19, 2014, 11:04:25 am
RD said he's not optimistic.

I say that because of how he's announcing. On last night's show it sounded like he was still thinking about it. He might of woken up this morning and decided he knew where he was going or knew all along.
That said Jimmy Whitt committed to the Hogs at his school. We shall see.

Pathogen

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 19, 2014, 11:09:14 am
Sometimes common sense is the only logic needed. Appears some may be lacking with you though.

Well on to the next guy. Maybe Merrick will pull the trigger for us.

Chill man.  I'm just playin' around.