Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I guess Reed is out?

Started by COCHISE, December 18, 2014, 11:58:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

COCHISE

From a free HI article. Mentions Ledbetter and then says..

""Really only one junior college player right now that we are probably taking so to have that high of challenge and to have that high of a g.p.a. (grade point average) coming in before we start spring ball is huge," Bielema added."

http://arkansas.scout.com/story/1493606-gragg-ready-to-join-arkansas-practices?s=10

The_Iceman

Yeah, that doesn't sound good.

LJHOG

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JaketheSnake

Must not have the grades lined out.  Too bad.

COCHISE

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 18, 2014, 12:26:27 pm
Must not have the grades lined out.  Too bad.
May be grades but I believe RD had mentioned that before Pettway committed, we would only be taking one more WR. If Pettway was indeed recruited as a WR, this staff may just have been done at that position once he committed.

The_Iceman

Quote from: COCHISE on December 18, 2014, 12:48:49 pm
May be grades but I believe RD had mentioned that before Pettway committed, we would only be taking one more WR. If Pettway was indeed recruited as a WR, this staff may just have been done at that position once he committed.

The WR position looks pretty full for 2015.

crabeyes

If Reed is out, any other WR we are after? Are we still after this kid? http://247sports.com/Player/Kemah-Siverand-29735

I remember RD mentioned him a few weeks ago....Would be a good pick up!

colbs

Dudley was just saying the other day that Reed if he took care of business would be a hog.  Also, said that from everything he heard was that he has been taking care of business.

Tim Harris

Bielema can't come out and say he plans to sign another JC kid as long as he gets his grades in order.

QuoteReally only one junior college player right now

This isn't to say we will add Reed later or won't.  His grades have always been the question mark and is why no one is pushing hard for him.  If he gets his grades in orders he will have a chance to play for someone.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 18, 2014, 12:58:18 pm
This isn't to say we will add Reed later or won't.  His grades have always been the question mark and is why no one is pushing hard for him.  If he gets his grades in orders he will have a chance to play for someone.

Although I found coach's statement to be unclear, I guess I would interpret it as you have here.

That "right now" means a JC player starting at semester.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

WooPig90

Quote from: crabeyes on December 18, 2014, 12:53:12 pm
If Reed is out, any other WR we are after? Are we still after this kid? http://247sports.com/Player/Kemah-Siverand-29735

I remember RD mentioned him a few weeks ago....Would be a good pick up!

Nope, forgot where i read it but he is committed to A&M and is done with recruiting

WooPig90

Quote from: COCHISE on December 18, 2014, 12:48:49 pm

Dont think so, Danny said on the radio that we really want a speed receiver so if we can get a really good one we will take one more

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 18, 2014, 01:17:38 pm
Dont think so, Danny said on the radio that we really want a speed receiver so if we can get a really good one we will take one more

So Danny West has some good connections?  Just curious.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: COCHISE on December 18, 2014, 11:58:26 am
From a free HI article. Mentions Ledbetter and then says..

""Really only one junior college player right now that we are probably taking so to have that high of challenge and to have that high of a g.p.a. (grade point average) coming in before we start spring ball is huge," Bielema added."

http://arkansas.scout.com/story/1493606-gragg-ready-to-join-arkansas-practices?s=10

That quote is from the Bo Mattingly show. In the same interview he did say that he and Jim Chaney were looking for a deep threat at WR

WooPig90

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 18, 2014, 01:48:58 pm
So Danny West has some good connections?  Just curious.

Yes considering he was saying something about when he talked to Chaney about it

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogfanfish

The article mentioned is referring to
Spring 2015 guys that can go through practice.

Reed is still in play.

jjdlc

Reading the article, I took it as he is talking about right now, as in Early Enrollees.  Ledbetter is the only JUCO who is ready NOW.  I don't think he meant we weren't going to take any more JUCOs for the fall.

redeye

I try not to read stuff in quotes like that, because it's so often taken out of context, has a mistake, mis-quoted or is misunderstood.  Until we hear something definitive, I won't give up on Reed.

I believe Siverand re-affirmed his commitment to A&M, as WooPig90 said.

MP24

Texas A&M receiver commitment Kemah Siverand of Houston Cypress Ridge said he's no longer considering Arkansas and is a solid pledge to the Aggies.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/dec/14/sunday-recruiting-tidbits/
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 18, 2014, 03:52:20 pm
If there was Will Gragg would not have signed today

That's what he's said........

Deep Shoat

Quote from: redleg on December 18, 2014, 04:07:18 pm
So you are saying that the Gragg-Hill pact of playing at the same college together is still strong, and Hill is a solid verbal pledge?
According to Gragg, quoted as of yesterday and signed today.  Said he wouldn't sign his FA if Hill wasn't solid.
All Gas, No Brakes!

redleg

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Oklahawg

Quote from: redleg on December 18, 2014, 04:06:08 pm
Again, kiss my curly tail.....Dude!
I asked a legit question because I wanted an answer. Just because you don't like the question gives you the "right" to smack talk me?!
Go Hogs!  ::hornsdown::

No, you ask a question that has been asked (and answered) over and over. Hill is enjoying visits, but is all Hog. Gragg wouldn't have sign on this week otherwise. Quit trolling.

I believe we are done with offensive recruits except for an RB and OTs.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra