Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RANKING THOUGHTS

Started by Razorburg, December 18, 2014, 12:33:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorburg

I know that most rankings are nonsense. I was looking at each of the 4 services and the hogs are 20 on avg. Where do we finish higher or lower? I'm saying 16.

ar_hog_fan

Im thinking anywhere from 18-22.

redeye

We'll definitely finish within the top-30.  The 18-22 range seems like a pretty good guess to me.

ZERO

We're not in on very many more 4*s. If we don't snag at least one more, I don't see how we could finish higher than #20. I said I'd considered 21-25 an acceptable achievement, and 15-20 overachieving. I wouldn't be too terribly disappointed if we slipped a few spots. Gotta stay realistic about things.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

sickboy

I think there's one or two more surprises left before it's all said and done. Think we end up somewhere in the 15 to 18 range.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: sickboy on December 18, 2014, 03:54:59 am
I think there's one or two more surprises left before it's all said and done. Think we end up somewhere in the 15 to 18 range.
People start this every year around this time. We'll get one of the OT's and maybe one top DB target. Other than that maybe the vandy DE commit and Reed and the rest will be under the radar.

ricepig

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 18, 2014, 05:54:03 am
People start this every year around this time. We'll get one of the OT's and maybe one top DB target. Other than that maybe the vandy DE commit and Reed and the rest will be under the radar.

And who's radar what that be, yours or the coaches?

The real Hogules

To "voluntarily"drop out of contention on Barnett makes me think that we have some pretty big fish on the line that we're not advertising ATM for one reason or another.
I think we'll be pleasently surprised when NSD finally arrives!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 18, 2014, 06:41:57 am
To "voluntarily"drop out of contention on Barnett makes me think that we have some pretty big fish on the line that we're not advertising ATM for one reason or another.
I think we'll be pleasently surprised when NSD finally arrives!
OU dropped him too. He'll be a Husker if they want him.

lefty08

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 18, 2014, 06:59:15 am
OU dropped him too. He'll be a Husker if they want him.

Judging by their board, I don't think they backed off. You just spouting off or guessing?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

JaketheSnake

Quote from: ZERO on December 18, 2014, 01:23:03 am
We're not in on very many more 4*s. If we don't snag at least one more, I don't see how we could finish higher than #20. I said I'd considered 21-25 an acceptable achievement, and 15-20 overachieving. I wouldn't be too terribly disappointed if we slipped a few spots. Gotta stay realistic about things.
We are still in on several 4* kids...  More than I ever remember this late in the process.  Haughton, Mbanasor, Weathersby, Merrick, and more.  We may finish with over ten 4* kids for the first time ever.

Bubba's Bruisers

Unless we get some highly ranked kids we haven't heard about yet, then I expect we'll finish inside top 25.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Iceman

Top 25 would be a good class. Could be higher depending on how a couple of these final recruits land.

Regardless, I won't be upset if we miss out. We are going up against the best programs in the country for these kids. They can only pick one school.

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Darren DeLoach

We bow to your all knowing wisdom...

Thank you All Wise One for not allowing we mere mortals to be ensnared in the delusional hope that this staff can recruit. And I personally thank you for your gracious presence on this board, pardon me as I grovel at your feet. (grovel, grovel , grovel)

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Hoggish1

Quote from: Razorburg on December 18, 2014, 12:33:43 am
I know that most rankings are nonsense. I was looking at each of the 4 services and the hogs are 20 on avg. Where do we finish higher or lower? I'm saying 16.

The way I see it, it's 15 but 16 is close enough.

Bad News Boar

I think anything in the top 25 is something to be excited about. That means your recruited the talent to be a top 25 team (which we all want). Then, you put your faith in this coaching staff to develop these kids to be even better. Couple that with a few studs, and you've got something.
Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

ARtillahog

What stinks is that a top 15-25 is still about 7th-11th within the SEC.  I know it's just year 3 so there shouldn't be too much disappointment.

Tim Harris

I would guess we finish somewhere around 20-25.  That seems to always be about our average landing spot no matter what.

31to6

Quote from: Razorburg on December 18, 2014, 12:33:43 am
Another thought on rankings.

Currently per 247 we are 10th in the SEC.

However we would be 4th in the ACC, 3rd in the BIG, 2nd in the Big-12 and 3rd in the Pac-12.

We are clearly pulling in a very talented group--at least according to the 247 composite score.

Hey Super

Grady moved up to 4* and Rogers dropped to 3* recently, so even swap almost, I didnt check their exact ratings. Finally found a thread relevant enough to post this though.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

redeye

Start what?

FWIW, I would consider the only recruits you named as "under the radar" and I don't think you know what will happen anymore then the rest of us do, so presuming you do just makes you look foolish.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Royal Fortune on December 18, 2014, 11:14:14 am
Grady moved up to 4* and Rogers dropped to 3* recently, so even swap almost, I didnt check their exact ratings. Finally found a thread relevant enough to post this though.

I'd suspect Rogers only dropped because he missed most of, if not all of; his season due to injury. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but thought he broke something, possibly had a surgery? My memory bank is full these days so I may be way off.

ricepig

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on December 18, 2014, 08:03:54 pm
I'd suspect Rogers only dropped because he missed most of, if not all of; his season due to injury. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but thought he broke something, possibly had a surgery? My memory bank is full these days so I may be way off.

Broke his ankle after tearing his ACL the year before.

sickboy

I disagree.

lefty08

Quote from: redeye on December 18, 2014, 02:54:34 pm
Start what?

FWIW, I would consider the only recruits you named as "under the radar" and I don't think you know what will happen anymore then the rest of us do, so presuming you do just makes you look foolish.

He needs no help looking foolish. He trolls every thread he posts in, how he is still allowed to post is mind boggling
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged