Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early HS Graduates - Bowl Practices

Started by 5cent_Hog, December 17, 2014, 04:12:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

5cent_Hog

While I understand that early high school graduates (like Ty Story) are able to attend the on-campus bowl practices, I have not heard what affect, if any, their participation in such practices have on their "commitment" to the UofA.  A signed FAA doesn't commit the player to the school.  Also, I doubt these early high school graduates are officially "admitted' to the UofA as of December 19th (the day they can start practicing), which would eliminate the need for a binding letter of intent.  So, while in this limbo period of non-admission and non-NLI, does the player's participation in the bowl practice commit them to the UofA?  For instance, if Ty Story and Will Gragg practice on Friday, are they committed to the UofA even though they have only signed an FAA (and not a NLI)?  I assume the NCAA would not let a player go on campus and practice with a team and  allow them to leave the program and commit with another school.  I have only heard folks talk about being able to participate in the bowl practices, but I have not heard what they must do to qualify (other than be a high school graduate) or what that participation means in terms of a commitment to the school.  Thanks.  I hang up and listen now....

ricepig

@ArRecruitingGuy:Arkansas commit @W_Gragg7 will sign his FAA on Thursday. Will practice with the Hogs this weekend and enroll in Jan.

5cent_Hog

I saw that earlier. Thanks for the post, however, it doesn't answer my question. That only establishes he will be practicing. We know FAA's don't bind the player, and he won't be enrolled until after he practices. So neither of those facts answer whether they are committed as soon as they practice.

ricepig

Quote from: 5cent_Hog on December 17, 2014, 10:23:25 pm
I saw that earlier. Thanks for the post, however, it doesn't answer my question. That only establishes he will be practicing. We know FAA's don't bind the player, and he won't be enrolled until after he practices. So neither of those facts answer whether they are committed as soon as they practice.

Are they enrolled before fall practice in August? I guess, technically, until they sign a LOI, they could go through bowl practices, off season in January, and then change their mind and not sign and move on.

CFB_Fanatic

Ive had this same question OP. In for answer

Ray Piggers

Pretty sure if they participate in bowl practices they can't participate in any of the all star games like the Under Armour and Army All America games
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

MississippiHawg

Do these guys get to dress out and go through contact practices or do they just get to be apart of it by studying film, watching practice, and learning the system by watching the current players?

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Ray Piggers on December 18, 2014, 01:37:52 am
This may help

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1358288-early-signing-period-has-arrived

THIS WAS very informative.

With all due respect to Mr. Davenport and any other recruiting writers, why can you not publish information like this? Why is Scout "allowed" to break the storey now, when it was, pretty dad gum sure in my opinion, known by the locals months ago? Was there a patent on the storey? Did they (SEC or NCAA folks sitting around a table votin' on stuff) just vote on something on the spur of the moment to do something like this? Are you sworn to secrecy? Is there an agreement somewhere? I would kinda like to know some investigative journalism   :-\

::)
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on December 18, 2014, 07:25:36 am
THIS WAS very informative.

With all due respect to Mr. Davenport and any other recruiting writers, why can you not publish information like this? Why is Scout "allowed" to break the storey now, when it was, pretty dad gum sure in my opinion, known by the locals months ago? Was there a patent on the storey? Did they (SEC or NCAA folks sitting around a table votin' on stuff) just vote on something on the spur of the moment to do something like this? Are you sworn to secrecy? Is there an agreement somewhere? I would kinda like to know some investigative journalism   :-\

::)

That article is a year old, I don't think it broke anything, surely not the search function on the interwebs.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2014, 09:17:18 am
That article is a year old, I don't think it broke anything, surely not the search function on the interwebs.

What do you mean "search"
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogsBalls

Anyone got any pics of our new guys in their hog uniform? Would love to see how they look.

oldhawg

I think I read that a recruit can sign an FAA with more than one school (in different conferences).  True?  If so, how does this impact on a recruit participating in pre-bowl practices?

ricepig

Quote from: oldhawg on December 23, 2014, 11:18:12 am
I think I read that a recruit can sign an FAA with more than one school (in different conferences).  True?  If so, how does this impact on a recruit participating in pre-bowl practices?
A school isn't going to let a recruit that has signed multiple FAA's practice, in fact, they won't comment on him at all. I think since the change in rules last spring that you won't see players signing multiple FAA's anymore. There are now penalties for the school's who comment on a player that has signed multiple ones.

Oklahawg

Once a player participates in one practice that player is locked in for that team. They would be wasting a year of eligibility (and have to sit next year) if they practice once during bowl practices and then decide they want a different school.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on December 18, 2014, 09:23:36 am
What do you mean "search"

Read! RD has posted a lot about early enrolling, both last year and this year. Maybe you should research, review and re-read what he has said before bagging on him.

I might add, bagging on him for FREE information.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WriterWrong

Quote from: ricepig on December 23, 2014, 12:47:52 pm
A school isn't going to let a recruit that has signed multiple FAA's practice, in fact, they won't comment on him at all. I think since the change in rules last spring that you won't see players signing multiple FAA's anymore. There are now penalties for the school's who comment on a player that has signed multiple ones.

I might be wrong, but I think the first school the player signs an FAA with can comment on that recruit. Subsequent schools that get a FAA signed are not allowed to comment.

ricepig

Quote from: WriterWrong on December 23, 2014, 02:45:51 pm
I might be wrong, but I think the first school the player signs an FAA with can comment on that recruit. Subsequent schools that get a FAA signed are not allowed to comment.

If, and this is important, they know they were the first in line on the signature. I don't think I've read anywhere on someone signing more than 1 this year.

oldhawg

Thanks all for the insight on FAA's and bowl preparation participation.

PEtrader

To the OP,  are you still questioning if your wife loves you after getting married?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "