Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jalen Merrick crystal ball

Started by Music City Hog, December 16, 2014, 10:34:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

Three new crystal ball predictions today, all for Florida State. These were the first updates in a month.  Two national guys and a Nole writer all picked Noles today. 

It's usually no coincidence when a bunch roll in on one day.   I'd guess he's a Nole at this point. 

Until it is official then we have a chance.  I'm hopeful for Toby as well.

Porkys Revenge

our coaches probably wouldnt accept his commit, similar to Barnett.  8)

redeye

I only see 2 new predictions, but that still doesn't look good.  Having said that, the only pick for Arkansas was by Otis, who even admitted that he was mostly guessing.  NLRHog may be right about him not wanting to leave the state, or maybe it's his father that doesn't want him to leave, but I still like that we're the only out-of-state school.  The experts have been wrong before, so hopefully they will be again with Merrick.

colbs

Last year within two weeks of Brian Wallace's commitment to Arkansas, 12 recruiting experts including a lot of the national experts picked him to go to Bama.  Most of the 12 picks came within a week of his announcement.  Also, not 1 person on the crystal ball picked Arkansas.

He might end up at FSU, but still think Arkansas has a pretty good shot at landing him.

HOGINTENNESSEE

We have done everything we can to be this kid. I hope that is enough

greenie

It's all guesses at this point.  We'll know by January 5th.

Dropkick

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 16, 2014, 10:34:06 pm
Three new crystal ball predictions today, all for Florida State. These were the first updates in a month.  Two national guys and a Nole writer all picked Noles today. 

It's usually no coincidence when a bunch roll in on one day.   I'd guess he's a Nole at this point. 

Until it is official then we have a chance.  I'm hopeful for Toby as well.
Smokescreen?

Music City Hog

Quote from: redeye on December 16, 2014, 10:58:41 pm
I only see 2 new predictions, but that still doesn't look good.  Having said that, the only pick for Arkansas was by Otis, who even admitted that he was mostly guessing.  NLRHog may be right about him not wanting to leave the state, or maybe it's his father that doesn't want him to leave, but I still like that we're the only out-of-state school.  The experts have been wrong before, so hopefully they will be again with Merrick.

Ryan Bartow (who is almost always right on florida kids)
Demetric Warren
Josh Newberg

redeye

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 16, 2014, 11:19:42 pm
Ryan Bartow (who is almost always right on florida kids)
Demetric Warren
Josh Newberg

My browser was apparently loading a cached version of Merrick's profile, because it wasn't showing Newberg's pick earlier, but it is now.

Music City Hog

Quote from: redeye on December 16, 2014, 11:36:22 pm
My browser was apparently loading a cached version of Merrick's profile, because it wasn't showing Newberg's pick earlier, but it is now.

It happens

TMc

When you follow these kids long enough.., you can see when there is a problem.  As excited as this kid was to be here.., and for him to never commit - you knew something wasn't right.  Then the tweet of "I've got to do what's best for me" type stuff - you could see this coming a mile away. I believe the kid wants to be here. I believe his Dad / StepDad (for whatever reason - legal or not) wants him at FSU.  He will not come here.., I really hope I'm wrong on this one.

alwaysnextyear

Dominicanhog

December 17, 2014, 07:02:32 am #12 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 08:17:20 am by Dominicanhog
If he is the coaches first choice, then I hope we get him but Weathersby and Howell would be apretty good tandem... also, RD said TW was one of the OT's that were on the quiet, so there is someone else apparently.

Looks like the coaches are not putting all their eggs in one basket....

Tim Harris

Most are predicting FSU because they don't expect him to leave the state and FSU was the only in state school to get an official.

I will admit that any momentum we had with him seems to be gone.  The good news is it looks like our coaches still have a few other options on the OL.

Lanny

I've seen Merrick play this year.  Arkansas will be fine either way
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

alwaysnextyear

I don't get the sense Howell is a realistic possibility.

ldfergu

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 17, 2014, 07:51:22 am
I don't get the sense Howell is a realistic possibility.

Yeah not much has been said of him for awhile. Really think we need one of these guys soon to get a better sense of where we're at. Was hoping for Merrick sense he's an early enrollee.

Wildhog

Everybody sack up.  This is the fun time of year.

I'm sure we're still very much in it for Jalen.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Wildhog on December 17, 2014, 08:50:26 am
Everybody sack up.  This is the fun time of year.

I'm sure we're still very much in it for Jalen.
If he's someone FSU covets, we probably won't get him. Hope I'm wrong.

Scott7703

Quote from: Lanny on December 17, 2014, 07:18:56 am

While I repsect your opnion I feel that the coaches think a little more highly of him than you do. They have spent as much time on him as anyone we are recruiting.

Wildhog

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 17, 2014, 08:53:59 am
If he's someone FSU covets, we probably won't get him. Hope I'm wrong.

You may very well be right, but we've beaten them out for players before, and we will again.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ifghog

Gonna be a fun end to the recruiting season....could turn out great..may not. Good class regardless.

Razinhail

No one will know for sure until he announces, including the "recruiting" services. Merrick has kept things close to the vest throughout the entire process, but one thing really makes me think it's Arkansas. If you were from Florida and decided to go to Florida State, why would you wait to commit? Just a thought.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

cubsfan5150

Quote from: Lanny on December 17, 2014, 07:18:56 am

Who are you rooting for?  Texas or Arkansas?
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

forrest city joe

It's hard to beat FSU and FL for a top players in that state. we gave it a great shot on Merrick. got him to visit and did all we could do. so if he does not come here. it's not because our coaches did not put in the work. we will see what happens.

LRHawg

Quote from: Razinhail on December 17, 2014, 09:14:09 am
If you were from Florida and decided to go to Florida State, why would you wait to commit? Just a thought.

This is my thinking as well, pretty much with all kids that have not committed when an in-state school(s) have offered. They have to at least be considering leaving.

AugustaHog

I think, just as the other poster noted with Wallace, many of these analysts find it hard to believe that a kid would pick little ol' Arkansas over mighty FSU.  I'm not saying we get him, but it sure seems that our coaches are feeling good about him.  The last RD said was that he feels good about our chances.  If he knew for sure we are out or didn't think we had a legit shot, he would not be selling false hope.

Hawgzinbowlz

It's a while until NSD. A lot can happen between now and then, for a recruit on the fence.
I like CBB and Coach Pittman in our corner.

" GO HOGS "

ldfergu

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on December 17, 2014, 10:04:09 am
It's a while until NSD. A lot can happen between now and then, for a recruit on the fence.
I like CBB and Coach Pittman in our corner.

" GO HOGS "

except for the fact that he's an early enrollee

ricepig

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on December 17, 2014, 10:07:26 am

And announcing before Jan 5th. I thought he was ours, not so sure now.

greenie

Derrick Graham is working on Merrick, too.  He tweeted this earlier:

Derrick Graham ‏@Mrperfection352  1h1 hour ago
Help me HOG call @Jalen_Merrick! If you have any questions about why u should join me in Arkansas lets talk about being #uncommon (RT) this

emdavenp

Merrick tweeted this morning a picture about how he wants to go to the school that will get him to the NFL.

Does anyone remember the picture of the O-Linemen that have been put in the NFL by Pittman & Bielema? It is the one that has the players' NFL jersey in it? There has to be roughly 20 jerseys or so on it.

Anyways, can someone shoot him that picture on Twitter? I would but I don't have it. 

Razinhail

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2014, 10:10:02 am
And announcing before Jan 5th. I thought he was ours, not so sure now.

I think this plays to our advantage as well. BB has stated there could be as many as 7 early enrollees or something like that. We know a few of them, but not all so that tells me there are some committed who may be early enrollees who we don't know about. All signs are pointing to Arkansas in my opinion, but I'm no recruiting expert.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: emdavenp on December 17, 2014, 10:33:42 am
Merrick tweeted this morning a picture about how he wants to go to the school that will get him to the NFL.

Does anyone remember the picture of the O-Linemen that have been put in the NFL by Pittman & Bielema? It is the one that has the players' NFL jersey in it? There has to be roughly 20 jerseys or so on it.

Anyways, can someone shoot him that picture on Twitter? I would but I don't have it.
I responded to his tweet with the picture were talking about. Hopefully Jalen commits to the Razorbacks

mhuff

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on December 17, 2014, 12:11:30 pm
I responded to his tweet with the picture were talking about. Hopefully Jalen commits to the Razorbacks

Good job.

Hogpkins

+1

COCHISE

Can you post it here? Not sure I've seen it.

ricepig

Quote from: COCHISE on December 17, 2014, 01:21:37 pm
Can you post it here? Not sure I've seen it.
Must find a school that will get me to this point 🏈 #NFL http://t.co/9v94iyZR4z

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on December 17, 2014, 10:07:26 am
You are correct. I'm glad we have CBB and Coach Pittman recruiting him for whatever length of time.
We are already behind on crystal ball numbers, for JM, so it's a good thing he isn't likely going to read this about Winston and Fisher.
We can certainly use Mr. Merrick.

" GO HOGS "

Snowball the Pig

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on December 17, 2014, 01:26:57 pm
You are correct. I'm glad we have CBB and Coach Pittman recruiting him for whatever length of time.
We are already behind on crystal ball numbers, for JM, so it's a good thing he isn't likely going to read this about Winston and Fisher.
We can certainly use Mr. Merrick.

" GO HOGS "

I sat behind him at the Ole Miss game and ran into him at Herman's afterward.  He seemed to have so much fun that I thought he was a lock.  I took a picture of him and Pitt, they were like brothers

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2014, 01:25:16 pm
Must find a school that will get me to this point 🏈 #NFL http://t.co/9v94iyZR4z

I couldn't find the picture anywhere in there.

Is it this one?

Tusks

^^^^^^^^^

sweet pic
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The real Hogules

Quote from: redeye on December 17, 2014, 02:16:45 pm

Is it this one?

That's definitely impressive!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hawgzinbowlz

With CBB/Coach Pittman/Coach Chaney's combined resume, we can get 'em into the NFL.

" GO HOGS "

redeye

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 17, 2014, 02:31:17 pm
That's definitely impressive!

I hunted it down on Bielema's twitter feed and hope one of our twitter fans will share it with him, if they haven't already.

Jeter_1

ARtillahog

Quote from: redeye on December 17, 2014, 02:16:45 pm

Is it this one?

Yes, that's the one!  I sent him the one saying CBB's system ranks 3rd since 2007 for producing NFL talent.

redeye

Quote from: Jeter_1 on December 17, 2014, 03:08:15 pm
I did  ;D

Thanks!

Quote from: ARtillahog on December 17, 2014, 03:09:19 pm
Yes, that's the one!  I sent him the one saying CBB's system ranks 3rd since 2007 for producing NFL talent.

I don't think I've seen that one.