Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transfers for Basketball

Started by outlawhogeywells, December 15, 2014, 04:28:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawhogeywells

Didn't we recruit this kid Semi Ojeleye.  Is from Kansas and signed with Duke.  Says he has been granted a full release and that he will transfer to another d 1 school

-Blu

I was watching the Duke game and seen them mention him.  I don't think we recruited him while in high school.  Would be a good fit for us, CMA specialty is combo forwards.  This guy was a pretty highly ranked guy coming out of high school I'm sure a lot of teams will pursue him.  Be interesting to see if our staff throws some feelers out there.  It would actually be a good situation for him, because after next season we lose a whole lot in that 3/4 position (Qualls, Miles, Williams) so an opportunity for serious minutes would be there.

HOGINTENNESSEE

JIHawg

I'm tired of transfers.  They seem to be hit and miss.  And we waste a year waiting on them.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: JIHawg on December 15, 2014, 10:15:33 pm
I'm tired of transfers.  They seem to be hit and miss.  And we waste a year waiting on them.

This guy should be Eligible 2nd semester next year I believe.

Hawg Red

Quote from: JIHawg on December 15, 2014, 10:15:33 pm

The two transfers under Anderson have been somewhat as advertised (to the reasonable mind, anyway), IMO. Obviously, it's still early with Miles, and I know many expected more from him, but we are talking about a guy with a career 2 PPG scoring averaging coming this season, with his best statistical season coming in a losing season for WVU. Not too shocking that he's at the end of our bench if you strip away of the fan optimism of what he could bring to the table. With Harris, a fair number of people expected him to be an All-SEC type player, it seemed, but again, that's fan optimism. I think his numbers are what is reasonable to expect from someone transferring up from C-USA.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 16, 2014, 09:20:31 am
The two transfers under Anderson have been somewhat as advertised (to the reasonable mind, anyway), IMO. Obviously, it's still early with Miles, and I know many expected more from him, but we are talking about a guy with a career 2 PPG scoring averaging coming this season, with his best statistical season coming in a losing season for WVU. Not too shocking that he's at the end of our bench if you strip away of the fan optimism of what he could bring to the table. With Harris, a fair number of people expected him to be an All-SEC type player, it seemed, but again, that's fan optimism. I think his numbers are what is reasonable to expect from someone transferring up from C-USA.
dusy hannahs could be decent but underwhelming as well.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 16, 2014, 09:36:31 am

I'm ok with Hannah's as it will give us another year that we won't need to recruit that Shooter that Mike and Nolan always want/ed to have

Hawg Red

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 16, 2014, 09:36:31 am

Yes, I'm sure some will be disappointed, but he'll provide what he was always meant to provide to a team -- a decent to good shooting threat. He's not Rotnei Clarke but he's not Rickey Scott, either. He's probably just below the level of Anthlon Bell as a total player but might actually be a better pure shooter, but one thing I've noticed in looking into Dusty Hannahs is that he plays much better than Bell on the road. Bell is almost non-existent on the road over the course of his career. Dusty will be a good 10-15 minute role player for the Hogs (averaged 22 MPG on bad Texas Tech teams), and if fans can accept that as their expectation level, everyone should feel good about it.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 15, 2014, 11:16:06 pm
This guy should be Eligible 2nd semester next year I believe.

Could we redshirt him that one semester so that he would be about to play the full 2016 and 2017 seasons?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 16, 2014, 09:43:53 am
Yes, I'm sure some will be disappointed, but he'll provide what he was always meant to provide to a team -- a decent to good shooting threat. He's not Rotnei Clarke but he's not Rickey Scott, either. He's probably just below the level of Anthlon Bell as a total player but might actually be a better pure shooter, but one thing I've noticed in looking into Dusty Hannahs is that he plays much better than Bell on the road. Bell is almost non-existent on the road over the course of his career. Dusty will be a good 10-15 minute role player for the Hogs (averaged 22 MPG on bad Texas Tech teams), and if fans can accept that as their expectation level, everyone should feel good about it.

I was real impressed with Dusty during the Red White game. While he shot wasn't falling that game, he still found other ways to score that surprised me. I still think it will be his 3-point shot that will be his biggest asset to this team. Probably a 10-15 minute a game player.

A little glimpse of Dusty's best game at Texas Tech:

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 16, 2014, 10:24:52 am
Could we redshirt him that one semester so that he would be about to play the full 2016 and 2017 seasons?

We could

Big Nasty 34