Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toby Weathersby

Started by CDBHawg, December 15, 2014, 04:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 15, 2014, 08:51:59 pm
Surely he can't be serious? The 2009 class was elevated by a 5 star and all you have to do is look at the list in 2011 and it  speaks for itself.
He is a Bobby buddy. 

Should change his name to Warbobby...
All Gas, No Brakes!

20hog11

The craziest part is that this came out of nowhere. Nobody had this guy on their radar and now it sounds like he may end up a hog. That'll add to the Arkansas vs texas hate. RD for president. He is a man you can trust hahaha.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HOGINTENNESSEE

Oklahawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 15, 2014, 10:29:33 pm
Heck, I wouldn't be afraid to move Skipper back to guard

A luxury we may be able to afford if everything lands the way we want it to?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

trashcan maN

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 15, 2014, 08:10:26 pm
That's not the reason.
He was close to commiting to AR, and we wouldnt let him because we didnt have room.

We're clearly still after at least 2 OL.

Doesnt seem like a stretch that they liked the feedback from Weathersby and had him higher on the board

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 15, 2014, 11:01:46 pm
A luxury we may be able to afford if everything lands the way we want it to?

That would be nice.

bcdrules

I wonder if PWJ's latest flare up was due to this?

ErykofArkansas

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/12/15/7399501/toby-weathersby-arkansas-lsu-ole-misss-recruiting

This would be a very nice pickup, Since we are playing the Whorns, He could attend the game almost as an un-official...

CFB_Fanatic

Would be nice if he attends, but we need an official visit to campus to have a shot IMO

JackJohnson

Quote from: sowmonella on December 15, 2014, 10:18:29 pm
Good link. Looks like we are Top 3.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/12/15/7399501/toby-weathersby-arkansas-lsu-ole-misss-recruiting

Pittman has his hands full as Matt Luke from OM and Jeff Grimes from LSU are two of the very best OL recruiters in all of college football.  If Pittman wins this battle it will be very impressive and much needed as has been discussed ad nauseum we NEED OTs in the worst way

deedster84

Peter Porker

Quote from: trashcan maN on December 15, 2014, 11:03:47 pm
He was close to commiting to AR, and we wouldnt let him because we didnt have room.

We're clearly still after at least 2 OL.

Doesnt seem like a stretch that they liked the feedback from Weathersby and had him higher on the board

I don't want to get banned, so I'll be careful with my words. You know there are lots of guys listed as 4 star and 5 star and have great measurables? Then they are linked to big-time programs, but that doesn't materialize? And then you find out the kid wasn't as highly thought of by college coaches as he was by recruiting writers? That is indeed what is going on. Coaches go watch kids play. Remember when the writers reported that Pittman watched Merrick and celebrating after a huge play? Well, he didn't have that reaction when he saw Barnett play.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Don't neglect that Coach Bielema has a more nationally known reputation with OL. He should get just as much credit for recruiting OL because 1. He's a great recruiter in his own right and 2. He has built a reputation of having great OL at Wisconsin.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

TMc

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 15, 2014, 10:29:33 pm
Heck, I wouldn't be afraid to move Skipper back to guard

I think we were better in the middle with Skipper at guard anyway.  I don't think Skip can handle those fast cheetah's off the edge in the SEC.

TMc

Quote from: JackJohnson on December 16, 2014, 02:57:20 am
Pittman has his hands full as Matt Luke from OM and Jeff Grimes from LSU are two of the very best OL recruiters in all of college football.  If Pittman wins this battle it will be very impressive and much needed as has been discussed ad nauseum we NEED OTs in the worst way

LSU will be our competition here.., imo.., Houston isn't far from Baton Rouge.., however I think we get this guy.. for some reason.

Tim Harris

This would be a huge pickup at what many on this board consider our biggest need.

The exciting part to me is if you look at the OL recruiting we have had lately it won't be long before these type of kids are signed and get to RS instead of playing immediately.  Bielema had a formula that worked for him at Wisconsin.  Many of us wondered if he would be able to duplicate that at Arkansas.  So far it looks like he is going to be able to.

opineonswine

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 15, 2014, 08:51:59 pm
Surely he can't be serious? The 2009 class was elevated by a 5 star and all you have to do is look at the list in 2011 and it  speaks for itself.
http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2011-Football/Commits

trashcan maN

Quote from: opineonswine on December 16, 2014, 07:54:02 am
Ouch...

LOL @ Kiero Small and Trey Flowers being 2 of our 3 lowest rated recruits in that 2011 class. Even the sun shines on a dog's arse every now and then.

On a side note, Danny West said that Bobby Petrino only visited 5 in-state high schools in 4 years here at Arkansas. What a worker...he was really building that proverbial fence

Scott7703

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 16, 2014, 07:46:41 am
This would be a huge pickup at what many on this board consider our biggest need.

The exciting part to me is if you look at the OL recruiting we have had lately it won't be long before these type of kids are signed and get to RS instead of playing immediately.  Bielema had a formula that worked for him at Wisconsin.  Many of us wondered if he would be able to duplicate that at Arkansas.  So far it looks like he is going to be able to.

Id like to think he's going to build us in the mold of the good Stanford teams that we have seen.
Those guys were able to throw the ball whenever (of course they had Luck) they wanted to. Plus they had a punishing defense and run game and also those big, athletic tight ends.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 16, 2014, 08:13:44 am
Id like to think he's going to build us in the mold of the good Stanford teams that we have seen.
Those guys were able to throw the ball whenever (of course they had Luck) they wanted to. Plus they had a punishing defense and run game and also those big, athletic tight ends.
They also steamrolled those high-flying Oregon teams on an annual basis.

scruf

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 15, 2014, 04:27:35 pm
LOL at Texas!

http://texas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits

247 has Texas as the number 1 class in the Big 12 right now and 19th nationally. 19th. That should tell you everything about the talent level in that conference.

Peter Porker

Quote from: trashcan maN on December 16, 2014, 08:02:08 am
Ouch...

LOL @ Kiero Small and Trey Flowers being 2 of our 3 lowest rated recruits in that 2011 class. Even the sun shines on a dog's arse every now and then.

On a side note, Danny West said that Bobby Petrino only visited 5 in-state high schools in 4 years here at Arkansas. What a worker...he was really building that proverbial fence

That's why Altee left and why Juan almost left. Had Coach Bielema not been hired and Petrino retained, there wouldn't be a lot of studs (like Henry and Day) on this team.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 16, 2014, 08:43:01 am
That's why Altee left and why Juan almost left. Had Coach Bielema not been hired and Petrino retained, there wouldn't be a lot of studs (like Henry and Day) on this team.
Juan almost left where? He had one offer. Lets pump the brakes before we call anyone a stud who hasn't played a snap yet. Hopefully he can get some third team snaps next year.

Wildhog

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 16, 2014, 08:43:01 am

lol, where was Juan going?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ballhogger

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 15, 2014, 08:44:59 pm
Whatever. 

Anyone too stupid to see the difference between those classes is too stupid to breath.

I would disagree with you.  There was plenty of talent in those classes.  Problem is we could hardly keep any of the talented ones on campus. For example, I will list names below of guys we hardly saw.

M. Wade
Q. Funderburke
Andrew Peterson
Tyler Gilbert
Lonnie Gosha
Keonte Minor
Horace Arkadie
Brock Haman
Darell Kelly Thomas
Jashaud Sims
Brett Weir
Kane Whitehurst

Anthony Oden
Colby Berna
David Gordin
Lance Ray
Turell Williams
Neal Barlow
Zahmal Thomas
Andru Stewart
Kevin Lowery
Shantez Bruce
Ryan Calander
Caleb evans

and if you look at other decent classes around the same time it might be worse

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: ballhogger on December 16, 2014, 09:09:31 am
I would disagree with you.  There was plenty of talent in those classes.  Problem is we could hardly keep any of the talented ones on campus. For example, I will list names below of guys we hardly saw.

M. Wade
Q. Funderburke
Andrew Peterson
Tyler Gilbert
Lonnie Gosha
Keonte Minor
Horace Arkadie
Brock Haman
Darell Kelly Thomas
Jashaud Sims
Brett Weir
Kane Whitehurst

Anthony Oden
Colby Berna
David Gordin
Lance Ray
Turell Williams
Neal Barlow
Zahmal Thomas
Andru Stewart
Kevin Lowery
Shantez Bruce
Ryan Calander
Caleb evans

Obviously the problem was talent since none ever peed a drop in college. Stewart was a significant contributor on the 2010 team. Shauntez Bruce RIP

ballhogger

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 16, 2014, 09:13:06 am
Obviously the problem was talent since none ever peed a drop in college. Stewart was a significant contributor on the 2010 team. Shauntez Bruce RIP

The point I was making is guys like Funderburke, Haman, Gosha, and others were next in line to be the man.  I think the environment and coaching changes caused many of them to wander astray.  I remember watching Funderburkes highlights and thinking he was the next greg childs.

Wildhog

In his two years at Syracuse, Funderburk has 3 catches.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 16, 2014, 09:13:06 am

Stewart had 14 tackles in 2010. Significant?

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 16, 2014, 09:24:11 am
Stewart had 14 tackles in 2010. Significant?

He played a lot that year.  I think it's fair to say that.

He also got screwed by the refs covering Riley 'Armbar' Cooper.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ballhogger on December 16, 2014, 09:21:22 am
The point I was making is guys like Funderburke, Haman, Gosha, and others were next in line to be the man.  I think the environment and coaching changes caused many of them to wander astray.  I remember watching Funderburkes highlights and thinking he was the next greg childs.

Funderburke and Gosha actually felt before the Coaching Change.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2014, 09:23:50 am

Mekale Mckay is the one that could have been a very good player for Petrino. But he alone doesn't make up for the dozens of other terrible misses and recruiting efforts by his staff. He did not capitalize on our success the way he should have.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/535884/mekale-mckay

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 16, 2014, 09:26:08 am
Mekale Mckay is the one that could have been a very good player for Petrino. But he alone doesn't make up for the dozens of other terrible misses and recruiting efforts by his staff. He did not capitalize on our success the way he should have.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/535884/mekale-mckay

I think Kendrick will be better.  We've got to get him the ball more.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2014, 09:24:38 am
He played a lot that year.  I think it's fair to say that.

He also got screwed by the refs covering Riley 'Armbar' Cooper.

I remember him playing a lot and I thought he played well. Not sure tackles is the best way to measure a Nickel back

Scott7703

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2014, 09:23:50 am

And he is one of the more successful guys from either list.

Wildhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 16, 2014, 09:27:48 am
I remember him playing a lot and I thought he played well. Not sure tackles is the best way to measure a Nickel back

Yeah, I actually liked Stewart.
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

Quote from: opineonswine on December 16, 2014, 07:54:02 am

And if you take the ones that actually played or are still here you have a class not even ranked in the top 50

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: scruf on December 16, 2014, 08:40:09 am
247 has Texas as the number 1 class in the Big 12 right now and 19th nationally. 19th. That should tell you everything about the talent level in that conference.
1 consensus 4*. ONE. Damn. 8 other Hogville 4*s lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Thank God for TW decommiting and helping me get over JB.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ballhogger on December 16, 2014, 09:09:31 am

M. Wade
Q. Funderburke
Andrew Peterson
Tyler Gilbert
Lonnie Gosha
Keonte Minor
Horace Arkadie
Brock Haman
Darell Kelly Thomas
Jashaud Sims
Brett Weir
Kane Whitehurst

Anthony Oden
Colby Berna
David Gordin
Lance Ray
Turell Williams
Neal Barlow
Zahmal Thomas
Andru Stewart
Kevin Lowery
Shantez Bruce
Ryan Calander
Caleb evans

Couldn't keep them on campus but they haven't done crap anywhere else. Half of these kids either got kicked off or got medical hardships.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2014, 09:28:46 am
Yeah, I actually liked Stewart.
Had a big INT against Bama in the redzone in 2010.

Wildhog

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 16, 2014, 09:42:40 am
Had a big INT against Bama in the redzone in 2010.

Stewart, Crim and Leon were some nice Juco gets. 

The light really came on for Leon when he moved to LB.
1909/1964/1965/1977

WarPig88

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 15, 2014, 08:53:56 pm
He is a Bobby buddy. 

Should change his name to Warbobby...

I didn't rank the classes, 247 did.

I am just trying to provide some perspective on recruiting is all.

Recruits are just potential players. That is all. There will be those who work out and those who bust.

But the claim that we are recruiting at a much higher level than times in the past is just not supported by historical rankings and only the future will show whether or not these current commits pan out.

Believe it or not, even Nutt had classes ranked in this range.

Some of you are so defensive and just not accurate in your assertions. Attacking other posters for shining a little light on that shouldn't offend you. If this place were mod'd better, you guys would get what you deserve.

Wildhog

Quote from: WarPig88 on December 16, 2014, 09:50:36 am

Recruits are just potential players. That is all. There will be those who work out and those who bust.

But the claim that we are recruiting at a much higher level than times in the past is just not supported by historical rankings and only the future will show whether or not these current commits pan out.

Some of you are so defensive and just not accurate in your assertions. Attacking other posters for shining a little light on that shouldn't offend you. If this place were mod'd better, you guys would get what you deserve.

We are absolutely recruiting at a higher level than in previous years.  No filler in this class.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WarPig88 on December 16, 2014, 09:50:36 am

we are definitely recruiting at a much higher level. It hasn't completely shown up in the rankings yet. You only get points from commits, not for being in a guy's top 3. And we are still #18.

JaketheSnake

ANYWAY... It seems like we have a really nice shot at Weathersby... DOESNT EVERYONE AGREE

Wildhog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 16, 2014, 09:58:51 am
ANYWAY... It seems like we have a really nice shot at Weathersby... DOESNT EVERYONE AGREE

Looks that way. 

Hope we can reel him in.
1909/1964/1965/1977