Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LB Rayshad Jackson

Started by Ray Piggers, December 15, 2014, 02:36:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_e

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 16, 2014, 08:16:53 am
My god, who let the nuts out of the insane asylum?

R. Regan.

Somebody with time on their hands ought to do a website on recruits and instead of stars rate them by top 30 offers.

You'd make some money and we'd all have a better idea as to the recruits potential.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 16, 2014, 08:45:12 am
Per usual your comments are always so encouraging and positive. You and the Grinch working together this Christmas season? If not you're sure wasting a great opportunity to put your "talents" to good use.
Is there ever anything football or recruiting related about your posts? It's the stretch run in recruiting and you are cluttering the board with this drivel.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 16, 2014, 08:33:20 am
Shannon isn't known as an ace recruiter, particularly during his time as HC at Miami. He'll get under the radar guys from S FL. Whispers he may be leaving but doubt it would be for a big DC gig. We'll see.

He has brought in 2 4 stars Denver Kirkland and JoJo Robinson to a program that historically rarely ever signs an out of state 4 star.

In addition he has got several highly ranked players to visit (D. Cook, Jonnie Dixon and Demetrius Jackson)

Oklahawg

You guys are amazing.

The thread is about a LB recruit, not the position coach. Shannon is a legend, especially in the South Florida HS football community. I trust his evaluations. More importantly, CBB trusts him.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 16, 2014, 09:03:31 am
He has brought in 2 4 stars Denver Kirkland and JoJo Robinson to a program that historically rarely ever signs an out of state 4 star.

In addition he has got several highly ranked players to visit (D. Cook, Jonnie Dixon and Demetrius Jackson)
Pitt and Charlie were obviously influential in Kirkland signing. That and Miami completely botched his recruitment. It was a bit of a perfect storm. Same with Jojo when FSU cut off contact. If we can get one four star or higher then a few under the radars every year I'm good with it.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Mike_e on December 16, 2014, 08:41:54 am
R. Regan.

Somebody with time on their hands ought to do a website on recruits and instead of stars rate them by top 30 offers.

You'd make some money and we'd all have a better idea as to the recruits potential.

You're right, it would give a better idea most of the time, but it still wouldn't tell the whole story.

Not every program is looking for the exact same kind of recruits for one thing.  I'm sure there are a bunch of highly recruited kids out there that CBB wouldn't want, since he doesn't go much for the great thug athletes out there that Auburn, FSU, LSU, OSU, OU, TAMU, etc. all go for.

Bottom line: the HC of a program should be allowed to get "his" recruits, whoever that might be.  It's his job, his program, his team, and he bears the responsibility and the accountability of the teams he produces and their play on the field.

If he doesn't produce, fire him.  If he produces, then whoever the recruits he gets shouldn't be criticized or second guessed.

Perhaps CBB hasn't earned that level of trust yet, but anyone with perspective can easily see the overall talent level of this team has gone up and is continuing to go up, perhaps even to levels we've not see in many decades.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 16, 2014, 09:06:14 am
Pitt and Charlie were obviously influential in Kirkland signing. That and Miami completely botched his recruitment. It was a bit of a perfect storm. Same with Jojo when FSU cut off contact. If we can get one four star or higher then a few under the radars every year I'm good with it.

Partridge did not recruit Kirkland. He recruited Collins.

Please see below where Kirkland mentions his relationship with Coach Shannon as his reason for attending Arkansas

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu2MPYFgprA

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 16, 2014, 09:03:21 am
Is there ever anything football or recruiting related about your posts? It's the stretch run in recruiting and you are cluttering the board with this drivel.
Sorry to inform you but there are a number of comments that aren't directly to related recruiting on here. Right or wrong that's how it is. BTW I notice you didn't address my observations concerning your constant negativity no matter the subject matter. Too bad the truth hurts but I merely pointed out what is very obvious in going back and reviewing your various posts. One other thing: if you want less drivel you might want to also reexamine many of your own comments.

Kevin

if this staff wants him, bring him on. they have proven, they know what they are looking for in a player.

plus, if this kid was from arkansas, everyone on here would be begging this staff to sign him.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Kevin on December 16, 2014, 09:55:17 am
if this staff wants him, bring him on. they have proven, they know what they are looking for in a player.

plus, if this kid was from arkansas, everyone on here would be begging this staff to sign him.
look, we aren't saying the kid is garbage. We are saying, why not go after a guy that our colleagues are actually recruiting? I hope the kid is the next JJ watt. But we keep hearing 'last 7 schollies to the best guys we can get' and apparently a 2* LB makes that cut. So be it; but sorry if we aren't super enthusiastic about it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 16, 2014, 10:01:48 am
look, we aren't saying the kid is garbage. We are saying, why not go after a guy that our colleagues are actually recruiting? I hope the kid is the next JJ watt. But we keep hearing 'last 7 schollies to the best guys we can get' and apparently a 2* LB makes that cut. So be it; but sorry if we aren't super enthusiastic about it.

I'm super enthusiastic about literally any S Florida player we want to take. 

If this kid was from Arkansas he'd be a 3 or 4-star. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2014, 10:24:17 am
I'm super enthusiastic about literally any S Florida player we want to take. 

If this kid was from Arkansas he'd be a 3 or 4-star. 

This.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Oklahawg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 16, 2014, 09:09:28 am
You're right, it would give a better idea most of the time, but it still wouldn't tell the whole story.

Not every program is looking for the exact same kind of recruits for one thing.  I'm sure there are a bunch of highly recruited kids out there that CBB wouldn't want, since he doesn't go much for the great thug athletes out there that Auburn, FSU, LSU, OSU, OU, TAMU, etc. all go for.

FYI: Tyreek Hill, formerly of Okie State, was recruited pretty hard by UA last year. It does happen!

QuotePerhaps CBB hasn't earned that level of trust yet, but anyone with perspective can easily see the overall talent level of this team has gone up and is continuing to go up, perhaps even to levels we've not see in many decades.

Agreed. 100%
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 16, 2014, 10:01:48 am
So be it; but sorry if we aren't super enthusiastic about it.

So?? 

How does that figure into anything even resembling a relevant fact in the matter?

trashcan maN

Forget the stars for a minute.

Watch his hudl film, then come back to discuss what you saw.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 16, 2014, 12:41:59 pm
FYI: Tyreek Hill, formerly of Okie State, was recruited pretty hard by UA last year. It does happen!

I'm not even trying to infer we recruit angels.

But OH, there's a big difference in a kid turning out that way once he hits campus, or maybe revealing his true nature once he hits campus, and the kid displaying that nature to all before he leaves HS.

Wasn't this recruiting attitude of steering away from that type of kid demonstrated when we withdrew from Sharief Raheed last year??

WorfHog

Quote from: trashcan maN on December 16, 2014, 12:50:01 pm

What will I do with my telescope?

wholehog92

Quote from: trashcan maN on December 16, 2014, 12:50:01 pm

I see a project.  He could turn out really good, but with our limited space remaining in this class and our immediate needs, I'd rather have a player with better technique and closer to ready to play even if he isn't as good of an athlete.  The kid is very quick and strong though.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

scruf

Martrell Spaight made 1st Team All-SEC after being lightly recruited out of JUCO but I'm sure the HV experts know better than the guy who coached Ray Lewis in college.

CDBHawg

Quote from: scruf on December 16, 2014, 03:43:32 pm
Martrell Spaight made 1st Team All-SEC after being lightly recruited out of JUCO but I'm sure the HV experts know better than the guy who coached Ray Lewis in college.

Spaight had 6 BCS school offers. I agree that Shannon can recruit and knows LBs, but Spaight had options.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 16, 2014, 09:05:04 am
You guys are amazing.

The thread is about a LB recruit, not the position coach. Shannon is a legend, especially in the South Florida HS football community. I trust his evaluations. More importantly, CBB trusts him.
+1000. i don't get some of these people.

forrest city joe

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 16, 2014, 03:32:44 pm
I see a project.  He could turn out really good, but with our limited space remaining in this class and our immediate needs, I'd rather have a player with better technique and closer to ready to play even if he isn't as good of an athlete.  The kid is very quick and strong though.
I trust our coaches judgment more than i do yours. can we stop this crap at least in the recruiting forum?

redeye

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 16, 2014, 12:41:59 pm

Agreed. 100%

Yea and I've spent a lot of time regretting that we didn't get Hill, but am I ever thankful for it now.

I mentioned Matt Womack in another thread.  He's a big 3-star OT from Mississippi who visited us, but we never offered him.  Just saw where he flipped from LSU to Alabama, so they apparently have a different opinion on him.

I don't usually spend time watching scouting videos anymore and haven't watched any of Jackson, but if our coaches want him, then so do I.  We don't even know if he has a commitable offer, though, do we?  If we do, then I want him bad.

wholehog92

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 16, 2014, 07:03:19 pm
I trust our coaches judgment more than i do yours. can we stop this crap at least in the recruiting forum?

Right.  [sarcasm on]We wouldn't want to discuss highlight videos in the recruiting forum.[sarcasm off]

Someone specifically said watch his video and tell me what you think.  So I did.  If you don't like that behavior, quote the guy that requested it and ask him to stop.  That's what a reasonable person would do.

I didn't even say he was a bad recruit if you have a reading comprehension somewhere north of 4th grade.  I said he was an athletic project and I expect our recruiting to be good enough that we don't need projects.  That is a compliment to the athleticism of the kid and our coaches at the same time.

If you don't like me complimenting coaches and recruits and watching recruit highlight videos, you may be in the wrong forum.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

wholehog92

Quote from: redeye on December 16, 2014, 07:08:32 pm
, but if our coaches want him, then so do I.  We don't even know if he has a commitable offer, though, do we?  If we do, then I want him bad.

No we don't know that, and I agree.  God forbid we discuss it in the recruiting forum though.  The kid could be the next Ray Lewis for all I know.  Randy Shannon would be the one to ask.  I'm glad he's on our staff.  Our LBs have shown continuous improvement since his arrival.  MS's development is huge for our program and I credit Shannon for it.  MS may be the first AR linebacker to be drafted since Bua was drafted to play safety or Caleb Miller.  I can't remember which one was more recent right at this minute.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 16, 2014, 07:03:19 pm

where else would you prefer for people to discuss potential recruits?  this is the recruiting forum after all.  good grief

Snowball the Pig

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 16, 2014, 03:32:44 pm

Anthony Brown (which he kind of reminds me of) didn't garner a lot of attention until late in the process but he came in and got at least some mop-up minutes as a Freshman

The_Iceman

Quote from: Snowball the Pig on December 17, 2014, 10:20:15 am
Anthony Brown (which he kind of reminds me of) didn't garner a lot of attention until late in the process but he came in and got at least some mop-up minutes as a Freshman

And with a good offseason with Herb, could become a very big contributor for us.

I like bringing in players that are a little more physically raw, but go the mental part of the game down, so we can mold them the way Bielema and Herb want them.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 17, 2014, 10:26:04 am
I like bringing in players that are a little more physically raw, but go the mental part of the game down, so we can mold them the way Bielema and Herb want them.

IMO this is the key to the UofA being competitive in the SEC.

We are never going to recruit like the big boys, but we can still get kids that can be developed to compete with those big boys.

The_Iceman

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 17, 2014, 10:42:30 am
IMO this is the key to the UofA being competitive in the SEC.

We are never going to recruit like the big boys, but we can still get kids that can be developed to compete with those big boys.

You see some of these kids that come out of the mega programs in Texas that have been in high level lifting programs since the 9th grade, they look amazing in high school, but they have physically peaked and they don't improve much in college. I think Texas has ran into that problem there.

wholehog92

Quote from: Snowball the Pig on December 17, 2014, 10:20:15 am

Brown is a good comparison to the kid IMO.  My point is that I think we are better off this year on the recruiting trail than last year and would like to see us bring in a more ready to go kid.  IE we can be more selective.  Again Randy Shannon is the best there is in the line backing world, but as an absurd other end of the spectrum, I'd take Leo Lewis over this kid in a heartbeat.  I'm sure there are more likely candidates somewhere in the middle of that range.

wholehog92

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 17, 2014, 10:46:40 am
You see some of these kids that come out of the mega programs in Texas that have been in high level lifting programs since the 9th grade, they look amazing in high school, but they have physically peaked and they don't improve much in college. I think Texas has ran into that problem there.

I think texass ran into their own arrogance.  Creating the LHN, not sharing revenues fairly, and generally being arrogant idiots drove A & M to the SEC giving them a recruiting advantage, causing TCU to move to their own conference, giving them credibility and suddenly they have competition for the texass recruits Aggs don't want.  I believe texass is now running a #18 ranking on at least one service.  That never happened the old way things ran.  They were just crappy evaluators of talent in the past.  Many texass kids are still going to the league, just not via the longwhores.

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 16, 2014, 08:16:53 am
My god, who let the nuts out of the insane asylum?

..........**Slowly raises hand**............

davispard

As figured, commits to Florida...

presidenthog

Hogpkins

Well, maybe we'll see him on the field in a couple years. Hope we whip him and his team!

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

WooPig90

tophawg19

Shannon saw something in him nobody else has . time will tell
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

davispard

Tim Harris

davispard

Quote from: scruf on January 25, 2015, 12:03:42 pm
Plan A guy. Hope we get him.
Looking at his measurables, he reminds me of a recent Hog linebacker, that we all love:  Spaight!!!

Uncommon

Odd thing about Kendrick Jackson is that he's had two recent CB predictions to Louisiana Tech.

Wildhog

I like King more than K Jackson.  Looks quicker.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tim Harris

Quote from: Wildhog on January 25, 2015, 12:15:10 pm
I like King more than K Jackson.  Looks quicker.

King is also about 20 pounds lighter....I would be happy with either.

Wildhog

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 25, 2015, 12:16:50 pm
King is also about 20 pounds lighter....I would be happy with either.

I'd take both right now.
1909/1964/1965/1977