Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LB Rayshad Jackson

Started by Ray Piggers, December 15, 2014, 02:36:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Piggers

Is this guy close to committing?

Tweeted out a picture of him talking about an in home with coach Shannon with the hashtag "futurehog"

Set up an official for Jan 16th per 247

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3229489/highlights/147960376
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Wildhog

I think he's been "committed" for a while now.  Probably just waiting to make it official on the trip.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

I wonder if we are looking to bring him in, redshirt him, and beef him up into a pass rusher?

pignparadise

"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

WooPig90

He wants to be a hog but we aren't accepting his committment yet, if some of the other targets that we are looking at fall through, then we ill accept im sure.

Oklahawg

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 15, 2014, 03:00:25 pm
He wants to be a hog but we aren't accepting his committment yet, if some of the other targets that we are looking at fall through, then we ill accept im sure.

CBB likes to get prospects on campus before doing the commitment thing. Your variation of that may well be accurate, but it is possible they are waiting to get him here before accepting the commit.

And, both versions of this could be identical - they make him wait and they can then confirm if they have a spot for him.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

navyhog24

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 15, 2014, 03:00:25 pm

I bet it's more of the coaches just waiting for him to visit than anything. They won't accept a commitment if the kid hasn't visited the school at all.

ricepig

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 15, 2014, 03:50:36 pm
I bet it's more of the coaches just waiting for him to visit than anything. They won't accept a commitment if the kid hasn't visited the school at all.

Wrong, they took Josh Allen's commit, probably others.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RUN N GUN

He's a guy RS has been on and he will be a hog...will officially comment after he makes his official visit...

WooPig90

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 15, 2014, 03:50:12 pm
CBB likes to get prospects on campus before doing the commitment thing. Your variation of that may well be accurate, but it is possible they are waiting to get him here before accepting the commit.

And, both versions of this could be identical - they make him wait and they can then confirm if they have a spot for him.

Could be, im just hearing that we are tight on spots and theres a few others we are hoping to flip or whatnot before we take his committment

trashcan maN

I thought his hudl film looked great personally. Wouldnt have one problem with him coming in and working at OLB. 2 noticeable things to me were his gap control/fundamentals and block shedding. Also looked to have a great 10 yd burst

Wonder if hes a preferred walkon candidate?

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 15, 2014, 04:24:41 pm
Could be, im just hearing that we are tight on spots and theres a few others we are hoping to flip or whatnot before we take his committment
Numbers don't look that tight. We've got 7 spots left and we're certainly not gonna be left turning people away on NSD.

Razinhail

Looks like Randy Ramsey 2.0. Not quite as long as Ramsey, but definitely similar.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Wildhog

Quote from: Razinhail on December 15, 2014, 04:47:22 pm
Looks like Randy Ramsey 2.0. Not quite as long as Ramsey, but definitely similar.

Derrick Graham is Ramsey 2.0
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razinhail

Quote from: Wildhog on December 15, 2014, 04:47:44 pm
Derrick Graham is Ramsey 2.0

They are all similar. You can tell they are all Randy Shannon types. Long, lean, & athletic with lots of room to grow.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

GaryHog

I can't see us taking a two star linebacker with a lot more prospects out there. Jmo
Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: GaryHog on December 15, 2014, 05:05:22 pm
I can't see us taking a two star linebacker with a lot more prospects out there. Jmo

Who cares if he's a facking two star? If Shannon wants him then we take him.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GaryHog on December 15, 2014, 05:05:22 pm
agree.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawgwatcher

Schools had "little interest" in Martrell Spaight out of high school, too. He turned out ok. J.J. Watt was a "lowly 2-star" as well. I'll trust our coaches on this one.
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgwatcher on December 15, 2014, 06:28:01 pm
Schools had "little interest" in Martrell Spaight out of high school, too. He turned out ok. J.J. Watt was a "lowly 2-star" as well. I'll trust our coaches on this one.
1 in 10,000 types.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Tusks

Is this guy really better than the guy that the hogs 'let' go to kansas state?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawgwatcher

You either trust the coaches' competence or you don't. I'll defer to them.
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

Tusks

I do to, but we're all just sitting around here having a beer together.  I thinks its reasonable to wonder.

Quote from: hawgwatcher on December 15, 2014, 06:35:01 pm
You either trust the coaches' competence or you don't. I'll defer to them.

HOGINTENNESSEE

The more kids we get from this HS the better. They put out amazing talent

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: tusked on December 15, 2014, 06:38:30 pm
I do to, but we're all just sitting around here having a beer together.  I thinks its reasonable to wonder.

Really?  It's reasonable?

It's reasonable to question an experienced coach with a proven recruiting record because some dingleberries running a website only rate him a 2*?

No, it's not reasonable.  It's stupid.  Actually, it's way beyond stupid.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Razinhail

Quote from: tusked on December 15, 2014, 06:32:59 pm

Reggie Walker. I think he was more of a DE prospect than a LB prospect. He is 6-3 256 coming out of high school. I think they are still looking to add a DE, but have someone else in mind. Another thing to consider is that Florida is Shannon's backyard. I guarantee you somebody has been in his ear about this kid. In addition, Ramsey was a 2* recruit from Florida last year. In the end,  you either trust your coaches or you don't.

Arthur pigby sellers.

This guys name has been out there since before the season started.  He's been visited by several staff members over the past two months.  It's been hinted by recruiting gurus that we moved on from previous LBs we were recruiting or we were continuing to evaluate them for scholarships, but I've never heard it mentioned with this kid.  This is CRS backyard and it seems like we are pretty high on the kid. I also wish he was a 4 star with multiple offers from d1 schools, but this guys recruiting has not played out like a plan B recruit.

Oklahawg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 15, 2014, 06:49:07 pm

It's reasonable to question an experienced coach with a proven recruiting record because some dingleberries running a website only rate him a 2*?

Good post.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: Razinhail on December 15, 2014, 06:53:01 pm
Reggie Walker. I think he was more of a DE prospect than a LB prospect. He is 6-3 256 coming out of high school. I think they are still looking to add a DE, but have someone else in mind. Another thing to consider is that Florida is Shannon's backyard. I guarantee you somebody has been in his ear about this kid. In addition, Ramsey was a 2* recruit from Florida last year. In the end,  you either trust your coaches or you don't.

Thank you. Walker and Jackson are two different recruits, for two entirely different positions/roles on the team.

Jackson (as pointed out by others) has been on the UA radar for a while. He is considered a "Plan A" recruit. The only way that Jackson doesn't actually get a commitable offer is if UA hits a HR on about 4-5 elite prospects lurking in the shadows (along with Gustin).

We have very few slots and lots of needs. Gotta hit triples if you aren't hitting HR.

Jim Harris made a great point in another thread: judge a team's recruiting by the last 5 commits/LOIs in the class. Are they reaches, guesses, scrambles? Or, are they guys the staff has worked hard to land for a long time.

Jackson has been a target for a while...what we don't know is where he sits on the pecking order. As far as names go, there aren't many who would appear to be higher targets. "Appears". Gustin may not be the only LB recruit we are chasing that we didn't know about 4 months ago.

The_Bionic_Pig

Texas has more 5 Stars on their roster than we do 4 Stars whom do you believe wins the Texas Bowl based soley on that Bit of information.

If Coach Shannon likes this kid it would be smart to heed his judgement of talent.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

MissippHog

I love how the stargazers always come charging in when there is discussion on a NR or 2 star prospect, yet they never say a word about the 4 star players that are committed already. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

If Randy Shannon thinks the dude can play LB I'm in. Dude has had 19 NFL draft pick at the LB postion.

I'm pretty sure number 20 is coming this year

NLRHog92

Man, some of you guys really need to get a clue. Yes, he's not highly rated. But he's been visited by the coaches who have seen him practice, seen him in person and like something about him. The coaches know more about talent than the recruiting "gurus" and you can take that one to the bank! Not sure what has taken so long for him to visit, and it does seem maybe we were slow playing him a bit, but we've been on this guy before the season. He would be a nice OLB get, which we need. Depth is taken 1 step at a time.

secneahog

Quote from: tusked on December 15, 2014, 06:32:59 pm

Pretty obvious.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

I will take literally any player they want to take from S Florida.
1909/1964/1965/1977

tophawg19

the very same attitude that kept Nutt here for ten years . It appears you can't question the coach. The coach is always right no matter what. that is what is beyond stupid
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

lefty08

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 15, 2014, 08:05:56 pm
the very same attitude that kept Nutt here for ten years . It appears you can't question the coach. The coach is always right no matter what. that is what is beyond stupid

When it comes to player talent I'll defer to any coach every time as opposed to an average hogville poster
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

I don't think that's what kept him here.......

tophawg19

he fits the mold of Shannon's LB's . he looks like a Miami Canes LB from the 80's to me . high energy , high emotion player . fast and mobile as well . It is puzzling that he has few teams really showing interest judging by his video. The only thing i could think of is maybe they are waiting on grades . otherwise it don't make sense . The kid can play

tophawg19

Quote from: lefty08 on December 15, 2014, 08:12:07 pm
When it comes to player talent I'll defer to any coach every time as opposed to an average hogville poster
most will, but to say it's stupid to question a coaches choice is totally wrong . they miss on players every year too. they are human . every  year kids fall through cracks or get missed . recruiting is best guess at best . that is why some wind up never turning out to be what they were projected to be, Ilike our recruit to fit style rather than highest rated player though

Tusks

jackass

WaltonCollege

I think this guy is like a plan b for Gustin but I think Gustin goes USC and rayshad visits in January and bielema lets him commit

bigdaddyhawg

Don't give me that weak crap.

It's not about having blind faith in some jackass.

1. Randy Shannon has a proven history of recruiting top players in south Florida.  Questioning him about recruiting LB's, in south FL is kind of the definition of stupid.

2. It's also stupid to even try to compare the monkey with a whistle to a proven commodity in regards to recruiting.

3. Nobody in this thread has seen this kid, reviewed game film of him in detail, visited with his coaches or people who know him, nor even seen this kid in person.  Shannon has.

That point alone makes it stupid.  One person who has lots of info and people who have zero info.  That's pure stupidity.

4. And, to top it all off, to base an evaluation of a kid off a recruiting service, and nothing more??  Again, stupid.

And what makes that worse is that 2* rating probably only means he's not even been seen or evaluated!!

And for the record, question coaches all day long re: the on the field product if you want -- at least you've actually have facts to base an opinion on.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

NLRHog92

For anyone who hasn't and still thinks they know best, go look at his highlight from this year and tell me he's just a 2 star. The only negative is that he lined up at DE consistently. Yet he consistently was beating double teams, in the backfield and finishing tackles. He'll also continue to grow. Sure, he might be a RS candidate, but our coaches have a pedigree of developing and getting full potential out of a player. And to top it off, he wants to be a Hog!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3229489/highlights/147960376

tophawg19

not been seen or evaluated in Florida on that team? that's funny . What SO . Florida super LB'S are you referring to when you say he is proven at getting great ones ? let's be honest , this the the best his LB'S has been since he's been here and that's do to Spaight a JUCO monster hitter .  I like Shannon and wouldn't mind seeing him retire at the U OF A , but he's still got a lot to prove ? was the LB'S better because of him , the new D/C or change in scheme . i think all of the above plus experience . Now lets see if it can be sustained and built on.   I Like the new system and speed LB'S  flying  all over the field and that is typical  of Shannon's past. now we see how it continues  next year

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 15, 2014, 09:45:36 pm
not been seen or evaluated in Florida on that team? that's funny . What SO . Florida super LB'S are you referring to when you say he is proven at getting great ones ? let's be honest , this the the best his LB'S has been since he's been here and that's do to Spaight a JUCO monster hitter .  I like Shannon and wouldn't mind seeing him retire at the U OF A , but he's still got a lot to prove ? was the LB'S better because of him , the new D/C or change in scheme . i think all of the above plus experience . Now lets see if it can be sustained and built on.   I Like the new system and speed LB'S  flying  all over the field and that is typical  of Shannon's past. now we see how it continues  next year

If you're not up tp speed re: Shannon's recruiting history in S. FL, then I really can't help you.

The_Iceman

My god, who let the nuts out of the insane asylum?