Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Storey's career stats

Started by The Recruiting Guy, December 15, 2014, 01:20:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Will Ty Storey's running ability translate to college ball? I wonder if he will be able to scramble for a few 1st downs on 3rd down when the field is spread out.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 15, 2014, 01:29:41 pm
Will Ty Storey's running ability translate to college ball? I wonder if he will be able to scramble for a few 1st downs on 3rd down when the field is spread out.
he certainly isn't scared!  35 carries for a pro-style qb is unheard off. Literally carried his entire hometown on his back.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

RazorPiggie

I don't think you'll see any designed runs for him in the future but you can guarantee that he will not be afraid to stick his nose in there to pick up a first down or extra yardage.

Peter Porker

Could have said that about BA coming out of HS.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Deep Shoat

Anyone CAN run for a few first downs.  Pretty sure I saw Bernie Kosar do it a few times.

Storey will be closer to Kosar than RGIII.
All Gas, No Brakes!

The_Iceman

Could he be a Andrew Luck like runner?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 15, 2014, 02:21:18 pm
I don't think so.  But I may be underselling his athleticism.  He gets a lot of his yards because he is a man playing small school ball in Arkansas. 

IMHO, it won't translate to the SEC.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Tsarcasm

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 15, 2014, 02:56:22 pm
I don't think so.  But I may be underselling his athleticism.  He gets a lot of his yards because he is a man playing small school ball in Arkansas. 

I agree.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hawgzzfan1152 on December 15, 2014, 03:49:20 pm
I agree.
Let me be clear.  I am ONLY talking about his running skills.  I think he will be a stud QB, as long as he makes the transition to SEC speed.
All Gas, No Brakes!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 15, 2014, 04:07:39 pm
Let me be clear.  I am ONLY talking about his running skills.  I think he will be a stud QB, as long as he makes the transition to SEC speed.

That's fine. I was simply asking for an opinion on his running ability.

Although, we did just see Tom Brady blaze down the field yesterday.

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2014, 01:51:06 pm
he certainly isn't scared!  35 carries for a pro-style qb is unheard off. Literally carried his entire hometown on his back.

no he didn't

FATHAWG08

Brad Taylor turned out to be a special QB for Arkansas coming from the small town of Farmington. Let's be honest, at this point we don't know what Ty brings to the table.
I love off season Football!!

ricepig

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on December 15, 2014, 04:55:28 pm
Brad Taylor turned out to be a special QB for Arkansas coming from the small town of Farmington. Let's be honest, at this point we don't know what Ty brings to the table.

Danville.

East TN HAWG

Yeah, Brad Taylor was from Danville.  If memory serves me right, he was a good punter as well.

TeedupHigh

FARMINGTON?  Com'on man!  Brad was from Danville!!  FARMINGTON?!?!?!

TeedupHigh

Quote from: East TN HAWG on December 15, 2014, 06:36:50 pm
Yeah, Brad Taylor was from Danville.  If memory serves me right, he was a good punter as well.

Yes he was! and can hit a golf ball a mile right now!!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: TeedupHigh on December 15, 2014, 07:18:25 pm
Yes he was! and can hit a golf ball a mile right now!!
As long as his back isn't acting up.
All Gas, No Brakes!

razorfrog

Hes a 4.9 guy so probably not

razorfrog

I would almost classify Storey as a heavy footed type athlete.  I think he could get some tough yards maybe though.

razorfrog

Best high school stat QBs ever to sign at Arkansas were Mustain and B. Allen.  Dont put much into h.s. stats for QB's.  Hope Storey is different

ThisTeetsTaken

I wish his stats included 6'5", 225lb, 4.5.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

razorfrog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 15, 2014, 09:07:49 pm
I wish his stats included 6'5", 225lb, 4.5.
Not many Cam Newton's on the planet

10thPlanet

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 15, 2014, 02:56:22 pm

Five of our 18 signees are from small Arkansas schools. Whether you have 100 on your rosters or 25, there's very few D1 players on most teams. I know you can play the percentages, but they're good football players to be found everywhere. How many D1 football players at Bentonville this year?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 10thPlanet on December 15, 2014, 10:52:23 pm
Five of our 18 signees are from small Arkansas schools. Whether you have 100 on your rosters or 25, there's very few D1 players on most teams. I know you can play the percentages, but they're good football players to be found everywhere. How many D1 football players at Bentonville this year?
Storey is a D-1 talent.  If he was at any other position I wouldn't be worried.  At QB, many times, these kids from small schools never make the mental transition.

All Gas, No Brakes!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Yup, Ty is almost here so it is about time to start bitching and looking at the next QB that may/will commit in the future. Welcome to whineville.

Jim Harris

Danville. Brad quarterbacked the Little Johns to the 1980 Class A state title.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Cresthog

I'm really just ready to move on from the current option.
Quote from: The_Iceman on December 15, 2014, 02:21:18 pm

You've got to be kidding me.

Cresthog

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on December 15, 2014, 04:37:11 pm
no he didn't

But he literally figuratively did though wouldn't you say?

The_Iceman

Quote from: TeedupHigh on December 15, 2014, 07:17:14 pm
FARMINGTON?  Com'on man!  Brad was from Danville!!  FARMINGTON?!?!?!

I thought Brad Taylor was from Detriot, MI. ;)

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cresthog on December 16, 2014, 04:41:02 pm
You've got to be kidding me.

No, not really. His name just came to mind as a big pocket passing QB that ran out of the Pro-style set.

Against Smackover:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1371004/highlights/217340486

Nafunu32

I played football in his classification and know the skill level of 90% of the schools. Many schools run base defenses with a couple of coverage options.

Does anyone close to Ty know if he has been trying to read up on more sophisticated coverage types? He has a ton of talent, that's obvious. I'm just curious how he is mentally, that can check the offense into a good position.

(Not bashing, honest question)

#1 STUNNA

Just think what he would have done with some good receivers

Tusks

He throws a really nice ball.  I'd say he can move his feet better than TW.  He kind of reminds me of a TW only with a little more zip on his pass and a little quicker feet.

TW had great anticipation with his throws, hopefully TS will also.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

root_hawg