Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A state title.

Started by RefineryHog, December 13, 2014, 01:43:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RefineryHog

Are the hogs looking at any of these warren boys? Seems like a talented group. Currently up on Mena 28-0. They have some huge boys on their lines.

alwaysnextyear

azhog10

The 4A state championship game was last week in Dardanelle. Wish Arkansas would adopt a different way of ranking teams in the tournament.

#1 STUNNA

Warren has two wide receivers commited to Arkansas State. They have 4-5 other kids that will sign to play college ball somewhere also!!!

#1 STUNNA

Running back Kilay Cox is an absolute stud and will be a steal for whoever gets him for the next 4 years. Maybe the best player all time to play at Warren!!

3kgthog

Based on Cox's last message on Twitter, Bielema would never even contact a kid that uses language like that in a public forum. Even if it does appear to be song lyrics. Just sayin'.

Oudabounds

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 13, 2014, 03:33:01 pm
Maybe the best player all time to play at Warren!!

I have not seen this kid play, but the best player I've ever at Warren was Jarius Wright!  He was amazing!

hvsupastar

Quote from: Oudabounds on December 13, 2014, 04:07:47 pm
I have not seen this kid play, but the best player I've ever at Warren was Jarius Wright!  He was amazing!

Wrights class was the ultimate under achievers. No reason that they should have not won the state championship
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Oudabounds on December 13, 2014, 04:07:47 pm
Warren has had very many good players.. But wright probably would not be in my top 5.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 13, 2014, 03:55:38 pm
Based on Cox's last message on Twitter, Bielema would never even contact a kid that uses language like that in a public forum. Even if it does appear to be song lyrics. Just sayin'.
I wouldn't judge a kid by a tweet that's 3 years old. And I guarantee he has higher character than some of the kids that are playing for the hogs.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 13, 2014, 04:50:12 pm
Wrights class was the ultimate under achievers. No reason that they should have not won the state championship
Bad offense line will do that. When you eventually run into a team that can attack your weaknesses you will be in trouble. And that's what happened when they played nashville in 06-07.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 13, 2014, 04:53:17 pm
I wouldn't judge a kid by a tweet that's 3 years old. And I guarantee he has higher character than some of the kids that are playing for the hogs.

Only ones CBB inherited.

If you want to play for arkansas, you will display discipline, especially in your public life.  There is a new sheriff in town and his name ain't Reggie Hammond.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

ricepig

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 13, 2014, 04:59:28 pm
Only ones CBB inherited.

If you want to play for arkansas, you will display discipline, especially in your public life.  There is a new sheriff in town and his name ain't Reggie Hammond.

Sheriff Bart??

#1 STUNNA

Once again this kid is a great young man with high character and who ever ends up getting this young man will be getting a gem!!! And because of his size I'm not sure where he will end up. I hate it for him that he is only 5"7.

RussVegas Hawg

#7 Darveon Brown is Warrens best player from the games I watched. He's better the Pettway or Stewart IMO

2 best teams in 4A played last week in Dardanelle

CDBHawg

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 13, 2014, 05:39:36 pm
#7 Darveon Brown is Warrens best player from the games I watched. He's better the Pettway or Stewart IMO

Have you seen them all play?

They're all located in different parts of the state.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 13, 2014, 05:41:07 pm
Have you seen them all play?

They're all located in different parts of the state.

Yes

CDBHawg

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 13, 2014, 05:44:06 pm
Yes

What makes Darveon better than Pettway and Stewart?

I've not seen any of them play live. Just curious what makes you think he is better than the two we've offered.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 13, 2014, 05:46:26 pm
What makes Darveon better than Pettway and Stewart?

I've not seen any of them play live. Just curious what makes you think he is better than the two we've offered.

More physical player then both. He'll flat strike you from the safety spot. Better blocker. Really good route runner also. Solid player all around. He's faster then Pettway i think. Atleast he plays faster. Stewart is the fastest of the 3 I think.

alwaysnextyear

Brown is nowhere close to Pettway or Stewart. I stood on the sidelines right next to Brown and he is miniature. Marshall is the better wideout on their team. Brown did nothing against the team they played. Watches Pettway play the same team went for three hundy. Warren homers IMO.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 13, 2014, 06:07:27 pm
Brown is nowhere close to Pettway or Stewart. I stood on the sidelines right next to Brown and he is miniature. Marshall is the better wideout on their team. Brown did nothing against the team they played. Watches Pettway play the same team went for three hundy. Warren homers IMO.
The guy is not from warren or a fan of warren. But his opinion is pretty spot on. He is very physical for his size and has really good speed. He is another young man that coaches will pass on because of his size. I think all three are great players and hope all three have very successful careers on the grid iron.

WooPig90

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 13, 2014, 05:39:36 pm

2 best teams in 4A played last week in Dardanelle

Lol i'm gonna trust CBB and his staff and say no.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 13, 2014, 06:37:41 pm
Lol i'm gonna trust CBB and his staff and say no.

Just because you don't have an offer doesn't mean you can't be a better high school football player...

Birminghog

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 13, 2014, 06:07:27 pm

Pettway had a pick 6 vs Mena, He did nothing offensively. Marshall isn't the best WR and had you watched more then just today you'd know that.  Pettway doesn't like contact at all. Brown looks for it. You're talking like Stewart is a big guy or something. Brown is a damn good football player!!!

Beavthompson

Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

ricepig

Quote from: Beavthompson on December 13, 2014, 08:31:56 pm
He's probably more of a checkers guy.

Sheriff Bart? Nah, he and Jim enjoy a good chess match.

LA Football fan

Everyone seems to focus on Warren's skill players but #59 is the one I am surprised isn't getting more offers.  He is very athletic for his size and can move laterally faster than you think.  Usually plays in the other teams backfield all game.  Gets held regularly but still makes plays.  A big reason Warren's defense is stout.

As far as wr's, Brown is the shiftiest and hardest to bring down.  Marshall could be but has to improve his blocking skills.  He has the better speed of the two and I do believe a higher vertical.  Both will make good college wr's I do believe. 

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: LA Football fan on December 13, 2014, 09:43:17 pm
Everyone seems to focus on Warren's skill players but #59 is the one I am surprised isn't getting more offers.  He is very athletic for his size and can move laterally faster than you think.  Usually plays in the other teams backfield all game.  Gets held regularly but still makes plays.  A big reason Warren's defense is stout.

As far as wr's, Brown is the shiftiest and hardest to bring down.  Marshall could be but has to improve his blocking skills.  He has the better speed of the two and I do believe a higher vertical.  Both will make good college wr's I do believe.

#50, #59, and #9 played lights out today

Especially #9 with 3 or 4 batted balls had to have 6-8 tackles with a sack and a forced fumble. Hard nosed scrappy good football player. Their DL was definately the strength of their team I thought.

howie76

Way off topic here but I went n watched warren paly fort smith Southside in hottens kick off games. And warrens fans are the biggest bunch of cry babies I've ever sat around. I found myself cheering for Southside just because of warrens fans!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: howie76 on December 13, 2014, 10:57:10 pm
Way off topic here but I went n watched warren paly fort smith Southside in hottens kick off games. And warrens fans are the biggest bunch of cry babies I've ever sat around. I found myself cheering for Southside just because of warrens fans!
I'm sure your town is perfect.. Smh

alwaysnextyear

They are beyond terrible. I watched the refs reinvent the game of football at a playoff game there last year. They gloated about it like they expect favorable treatment.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 14, 2014, 08:16:19 am
They are beyond terrible. I watched the refs reinvent the game of football at a playoff game there last year. They gloated about it like they expect favorable treatment.
And what game was that?

HogPound

#59 is Lafoy smith. High character kid and has started since 9th grade. He needs an offer. Solid lineman.
#50 is Aaron church. His brother was Bryan church who played at OBU.
#9 is Peyton Hargis. He is a junior. If he puts on some weight watch out.

I hope Kilay signs somewhere. He is a superb running back that lacks size. Reminds me of Dennis Johnson. Shifty, can catch, great vision, and good speed.

lefty08

We should sign their whole team seems like....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HogPound

Quote from: lefty08 on December 14, 2014, 08:52:41 pm
We should sign their whole team seems like....

Don't act like a dick man. If you don't want to conversate then scram. Otherwise quit being a little bit**.

#1 STUNNA

The guy asked about Warren so we are telling about the players..

lefty08

Quote from: HogPound on December 14, 2014, 09:42:01 pm
Don't act like a dick man. If you don't want to conversate then scram. Otherwise quit being a little bit**.

Seems you might be a little over sensitive no? That was a legit response to.your 25 posts about the backup left guard
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: lefty08 on December 15, 2014, 06:16:13 am
That was a legit response to.your 25 posts about the backup left guard

Nothing legit about your post at all.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: lefty08 on December 15, 2014, 06:16:13 am
Seems you might be a little over sensitive no? That was a legit response to.your 25 posts about the backup left guard
You dnot like it don't read it..

ARtillahog

Quote from: HogPound on December 14, 2014, 09:42:01 pm
Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 15, 2014, 08:36:27 am
Nothing legit about your post at all.
Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 15, 2014, 09:09:34 am
You dnot like it don't read it..

Popcorn...

greenie

#1 STUNNA

I do not think Warren has anyone that can play for Arkansas... Maybe Brown... But they are talented and will have a lot of young men that get to further their education and play football at the next level!!! Warren Bo Hembree has done an outstanding job of getting young kids into school on football scholarships... Probably the best in the state for the amount of kids he has.

ARtillahog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 15, 2014, 09:38:21 am
I do not think Warren has anyone that can play for Arkansas... Maybe Brown... But they are talented and will have a lot of young men that get to further their education and play football at the next level!!! Warren Bo Hembree has done an outstanding job of getting young kids into school on football scholarships... Probably the best in the state for the amount of kids he has.

Without doing any research, I'd say you're making a pretty good assumption on that.  Getting kids in a position to play at the next level, any for that matter, is a pretty awesome achievement for HS coaches.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ARtillahog on December 15, 2014, 09:42:00 am
Without doing any research, I'd say you're making a pretty good assumption on that.  Getting kids in a position to play at the next level, any for that matter, is a pretty awesome achievement for HS coaches.
He is one of the best if not the best in the state at doing it. I'll try and come up with the number of kids he has helped get to college.

lefty08

Just to clarify, I was in no way playing down the athletes at Warren, just playing down the fact they are 2 deep with div. 1 athletes. Great coaching, great program at their level. You fandom is what I was downplaying. Im sorry if you took that as a slap in the face of your son. I wish all athletes well regardless of level of play

#1 STUNNA

After some research 46 kids have signed to play college football during the Hembree era not counting the ones that will sing in this class!!!

ARtillahog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 15, 2014, 11:28:41 am
After some research 46 kids have signed to play college football during the Hembree era not counting the ones that will sing in this class!!!

has he been there about 14-15 years?  3 per yr avg is pretty dang good for 4A ball.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ARtillahog on December 15, 2014, 11:53:33 am
has he been there about 14-15 years?  3 per yr avg is pretty dang good for 4A ball.
He took over as head coach in 2000.
2001-1
2002-2
2003-6
2004- not sure
2005-4
2006-5
2007-3
2008-8
2009-5
2010-5
2011-3
2012-not sure
2013-not sure
2014-4
2015- up to 6-7 will have opportunity to play college ball. 2 are commited to arkansas state.

#1 STUNNA