Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Better go get J. Dancy from Junction City...

Started by MrKlem10, November 29, 2014, 07:31:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKlem10

Regardless of him being a 2a kid from South Arkansas.   The last one we let get away was Dixon... And he is a straight up beast for LA Tech.   11 touches last night for over 300 yards.   Three touchdowns of over 55 yards..... Good day can you say home run?

Diamond in the rough boys. .

cowboy_hawg

I watched him play once this year.  Out of all the players on the field, he stood out the most.  I don't know about grades, character or his measurable but his football ability is lights out in the division he plays.  If Jct. City has other players that are D1, he should be getting looks also.
cowboy_hawg

NLRHog92

Agree! Just as electric as Korliss was. Not sure if I like him as much as DJ Brown, but I would be satisfied with either, even though I think we go and get a big name.

hawgfan4life

JC head coach says he is best RB to come through in his career.  I would love to see him in Fayetteville.

Pathogen

Quote from: MrKlem10 on November 29, 2014, 07:31:40 pmThe last one we let get away was Dixon...

Here we go again.  Everyone that thinks they have an eye for DI SEC talent uses Dixon as an example of how UA is overlooking some diamond in the rough, or invokes Marshall.  Can he play linebacker too?

aloha_kid

Quote from: cowboy_hawg on November 29, 2014, 08:30:14 pm
I watched him play once this year.  Out of all the players on the field, he stood out the most.  I don't know about grades, character or his measurable but his football ability is lights out in the division he plays.  If Jct. City has other players that are D1, he should be getting looks also.

You mean like:

http://247sports.com/Player/Jamario-Bell-27302

iseeredpeople

The kid is legit. Every high school coach in south Arkansas thinks he is undervalued. Lunney is sick of hearing about him.

MrKlem10

Quote from: Pathogen on November 29, 2014, 10:29:13 pm
Here we go again.  Everyone that thinks they have an eye for DI SEC talent uses Dixon as an example of how UA is overlooking some diamond in the rough, or invokes Marshall.  Can he play linebacker too?

Pretty sure the one of the glaring weaknesses of the offense is a breakaway back with speed and shakes.... I think he fits that bill.

Also, why does it matter that he would be in the same sentence as Dixon and Marshall?  He is an absolute small town diamond in the rough.  Kid is electric. 

searkhogfan

I'm not an expert on SEC talent.  But I watched Byron Jones & Alan Turner play several times against my sons team.  And I've seen Bell & Dancy play the last 3 years.  And out of all of them. Dancy is the one that stands out on the field. I'm hoping the Hogs come in with a late offer.  Like they did Turner

MH04

I haven't seen either one of them in person but I think DJ Brown looks better on film.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Fort Dweller

Quote from: iseeredpeople on November 30, 2014, 07:59:02 am
The kid is legit. Every high school coach in south Arkansas thinks he is undervalued. Lunney is sick of hearing about him.

Is it he's tired of being badgered or does the Arkansas staff not believe he's legit?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

MrKlem10

Dancy run freaking tough.   Doesn't dance,  good full speed cuts.   Needs an offer at least

Arthur pigby sellers.

Looks pretty good.  I wouldn't trade any RB we are seriously looking at for RW.  Did he camp this year?

jcharkansas

Kinda runs like Wingo used to, swinging his arm around in circles to change direction. It just looked that way on the video I maybe wrong.

razorfrog

http://www.directathletics.com/athletes/track/3878493.html

Here are some track stats on him.  Love this site.  Concerning he ran the 100 faster as a 9th grader than he did as a junior? 

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: MH04 on November 30, 2014, 08:58:13 am
I haven't seen either one of them in person but I think DJ Brown looks better on film.

Quote from: jcharkansas on December 01, 2014, 08:59:32 am
Kinda runs like Wingo used to, swinging his arm around in circles to change direction. It just looked that way on the video I maybe wrong.

DJ Brown looks better on film for sure. Against better competition at that.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: razorfrog on December 01, 2014, 12:23:52 pm

Here are some track stats on him.  Love this site.  Concerning he ran the 100 faster as a 9th grader than he did as a junior? 

maybe it was a tail wind/head wind that caused the difference in times?

NLRHog92

Staff is going down there later this week to visit J Bell and also to check out practice. Might be a Plan B and could see an offer before it's said and done.

scruf

I would take DJ over Dancy. Best of luck to both of these two young men.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MrKlem10 on December 01, 2014, 08:28:23 am
Dancy run freaking tough.   Doesn't dance,  good full speed cuts.   Needs an offer at least

I think I'll trust the coaches to decide who to offer..............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Dancy averages 19.7 yards a carry. It doesn't matter what class this guy plays in. Smackover is pretty good and he ran crazy on them to.  Junction City could compete against most bigger schools if not all of them.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on December 01, 2014, 03:51:59 pm
Dancy averages 19.7 yards a carry. It doesn't matter what class this guy plays in. Smackover is pretty good and he ran crazy on them to.  Junction City could compete against most bigger schools if not all of them.

Easy there... Lol

Amityvillehogger

It matters.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PorkRyan

Not comparing

Remember that kid from the Texas Private School league.  He switched to LB but never amounted to anything at Arkansas.  I think he averaged about 25 YPC.  Competition matters. 

kingt

I think we will pass on this kid. He looks like a good D2 prospect though.

NLRHog92

Quote from: kingt on December 01, 2014, 06:44:36 pm
I think we will pass on this kid. He looks like a good D2 prospect though.

He's committed to LA Tech. That's mid-major DI. Big difference between DII and DI...

Tweeter

I'll tell you this....if the coaches think Deon Stewart is good enough to paly for them then this kid should have an offer already. I think he is juts as good if not better than Deon Stewart.

ricepig

Quote from: Tweeter on December 02, 2014, 12:02:52 pm
I'll tell you this....if the coaches think Deon Stewart is good enough to paly for them then this kid should have an offer already. I think he is juts as good if not better than Deon Stewart.

Does Dancy play the same position?

20gauge

Hes got one thing you cant teach and thats speed. With Marshall gone would be nice to have another speedster. Marshall only played in a classification higher and you cant deny the kid had the talent to be an SEC player.

hogwild210

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 01, 2014, 03:48:36 pm
I think I'll trust the coaches to decide who to offer..............................

Are you not familiar with the purpose of this forum?
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Tim Harris

I like the home grown kids just as much as the next guy but there are 2 SEC schools whose campus is actually closer to Dancy than we are and neither of them have offered either.  Same thing happened with Dixon.  We aren't the only program choosing to pass on someone.

ReversePart34

Quote from: MrKlem10 on November 30, 2014, 08:08:35 am
Pretty sure the one of the glaring weaknesses of the offense is a breakaway back with speed and shakes.... I think he fits that bill.

Also, why does it matter that he would be in the same sentence as Dixon and Marshall?  He is an absolute small town diamond in the rough.  Kid is electric.

Good point, we need a change of pace back in a big way. Williams and Collins are good backs but we need someone that can get the to the edge here and there.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Tweeter on December 02, 2014, 12:02:52 pm
Youve seen both play in person?

Chief Mac

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 03, 2014, 10:36:37 am
I like the home grown kids just as much as the next guy but there are 2 SEC schools whose campus is actually closer to Dancy than we are and neither of them have offered either.  Same thing happened with Dixon.  We aren't the only program choosing to pass on someone.

This
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

ReversePart34

I was expecting his times to be in the high 10's, kinda surprised he's a 11.5 100 guy. Dennis Johnson was into the mid 10's in high school I believe and was a good bit bigger. He looks fast on the field but I'm sure it's hard to evaluate him running against Hermitage, Strong, etc. I think he'll be a good player in college regardless, he's a playmaker for sure.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ReversePart34 on December 07, 2014, 12:00:24 pm
I was expecting his times to be in the high 10's, kinda surprised he's a 11.5 100 guy. Dennis Johnson was into the mid 10's in high school I believe and was a good bit bigger. He looks fast on the field but I'm sure it's hard to evaluate him running against Hermitage, Strong, etc. I think he'll be a good player in college regardless, he's a playmaker for sure.
Hermitage has a d1 player on there team... And he is gonna be a good one

scruf

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 03, 2014, 10:36:37 am

Tim ftw.

Peter Porker

I have no doubt the 9th grade time is handheld and the others are f.a.t.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

kodiakisland

OK now. Fess up.  Which one of you called Bo?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

pondwater jack

I just watched the JC video on youtube.  That kid is impressive.  I dont care if he plays for Bigelow or Panther Burn.  Good is good. 

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

kodiakisland

December 08, 2014, 02:39:03 am #42 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:27:43 am by kodiakisland

I'd be more concerned with his 100m times in 2014.  Best time there is an 11.6.   Kid is slow for any position that requires speed.  Especially in the SEC.  I doubt we recruit many running back running in the 11s.  Can he play FB or LB?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: pondwater jack on December 07, 2014, 11:01:44 pm
I just watched the JC video on youtube.  That kid is impressive.  I dont care if he plays for Bigelow or Panther Burn.  Good is good.

There you have it, folks. The only recruiting guru that I would trust with my kids said he's good. If he doesn't walk on here, he would be a huge get for somebody. Especially a Sun Belt school.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Peter Porker

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 08, 2014, 02:39:03 am
I'd be more concerned with his 100m times in 2014.  Best time there is an 11.6.   Kid is slow for any position that requires speed.  Especially in the SEC.  I doubt we recruit many running back running in the 11s.  Can he play FB or LB?

To compare, look at Austin Cantrell's time

http://www.directathletics.com/athletes/track/3890892.html

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 08, 2014, 06:22:45 am
To compare, look at Austin Cantrell's time

http://www.directathletics.com/athletes/track/3890892.html

That makes him look even slower when a 250lb TE is running .12 faster in the 100m.  Although he was probably running closer to 220lbs then.

We need someone with Marshalls speed.  I think he was running 10.9s or better in high school

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

If you think Dancy is slow you need to go watch him. He ran past Earle like it wasnt anything and not many can say or do that.  I'll just go by what there coach keeps saying and that is Dancy is the best player I have ever coached. He is 4.4 or 4.5 and that is fast. 

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Lunney was at the JC and Earle game so RD might have something on it soon.

Peter Porker

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on December 08, 2014, 03:21:17 pm
If you think Dancy is slow you need to go watch him. He ran past Earle like it wasnt anything and not many can say or do that.  I'll just go by what there coach keeps saying and that is Dancy is the best player I have ever coached. He is 4.4 or 4.5 and that is fast.

No, he isnt.

kodiakisland

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on December 08, 2014, 03:21:17 pm

I'm not thinking anything.  I'm looking at track times that were posted by someone else in this thread.  Running an 11.6 is not fast even for 2A in Arkansas.  I have no doubt he is quick and better than the 2A competition he is playing against.  All we ever hear is how we need SEC speed.  An 11.6 100m is not SEC speed at RB.  Is he big enough to play FB?