Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attention to Detail

Started by SemperHawg, January 22, 2018, 01:50:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: 12247 on January 25, 2018, 09:26:25 am
Benny, I suggest the discipline was likely there in many areas and enforced by the previous staff.  As it pertained to the previous coaching staff directly, NOT SO MUCH.  I hope this current staff leads by EXAMPLE.   I expect from you no more than I readily give of myself. 

It is my personal opinion that the largest difference in the current and previous coaching staffs is discipline of themselves.

The amount of discipline in the previous staff can be measured from a variety of angles.  Was there discipline in regard to film study, game prep, the strength and conditioning (whether or not you agree with the plan, was the plan followed), and so on.  I say the answer is yes.  Was there discipline for the players in the community and the classroom.  Again I say yes.  But here is where I think 12247 is hitting the bullseye.   Players that have a sense of self discipline take a laid back coaching staff and work hard because they want to please them.  Players that are on the edge or are willing to "take it easy" will take full advantage of the situation and not give maximum effort at all times.  Championship teams don't succeed with some working hard while other just go through the motions.  Every player on the team has talent.  Some better than others.  Average players that work hard become good.  Good players that work hard become great.  Great players that work hard move on to the NFL.  The lack of discipline in the previous staff allowed fringe players to coast.  Some put in the effort and moved in to great things.  Others have/had the potential and never moved to the next level.  That is on the individual players, but the laid back attitude of the stafff enabled it.  I believe that Coach Morris recognized that immediately and is taking measures to make it clear to the team to either step up or step away.  It's necessary for the team to move forward.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Mo_Better_Hogs

I love "this new coaching staff ain't playing."

little pigee

Hit the deck and give me 50!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

clew

I believe we have some standup guys on our team that will take to the new coaching style like fish to water. Having quality people—little to no discipline issues—will make the transition so much easier.
Pure as the dawn

Jimbob111

Quote from: porque on January 22, 2018, 02:30:03 pm
Coach B did not stress attention to detail.

True, he stressed "doing it the right way". But that meant his way and he didn't seem to bother with small details as long as you were on time and where you were supposed to be.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?