Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CWS stuff

Started by Mr.Swine89, June 17, 2017, 07:57:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

Quote from: kodiakisland on June 27, 2017, 09:49:22 pm
Yeah.  I wonder though if Kramer is the only one there with a Mom?

He is the only baseball player ever to have a mother....however, her son's baseball games are seriously wearing and aging her - she is looking rough.

Wooooo nice strikeout!!!
SCREW Vandy!

SPAL

This is big-time Baseball

SPAL

Quote from: JHGiunta on June 27, 2017, 09:49:37 pm
I agree he interfered. No doubt. However, and I'm glad it happen to LSU, but someone explain why that affects the runner on third? I can see calling the guy out at first if the throw is diverted or not made at all due to contact but the guy on third who is no part of the play can't advance! That's like the holding call on the opposite side of the running play.

Just the way the rule reads.....all runners must return to the previous base occupied.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 27, 2017, 09:55:53 pm

Yes indeed it is!

On a side note - Laura Rutledge is really hot!
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Okay that has to sting Mrs. Robertson a bit!  Great play!
SCREW Vandy!

thebignasty

Great play at the plate.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

hoglady

Nice play by the Florida first baseman.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

JHGiunta

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 27, 2017, 09:57:13 pm
Just the way the rule reads.....all runners must return to the previous base occupied.

I get that but trying to understand logic behind it. Should have clarified

woodrow hog call

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 27, 2017, 09:39:55 pm
He sounds Hispanic....surely that's not who he is talking about.

He has that deep voice similar to Joe.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

SPAL

Quote from: JHGiunta on June 27, 2017, 10:03:30 pm

I see your point. It didn't have any effect on that guy scoring. Just the rule.

ucahogfan

Horrible call there by the 3B ump.  He was clearly squared.  How do you call that a ball?

woodrow hog call

Easier to make the rule that way than try decide on each call how it affected the other base runners

kodiakisland

The logic is if the natural flow of the ball has been impeded, play stops.  Who's to say the runner would not have been thrown out trying to take an additional base if they play happened without interference?  That has to be a set rule and not left to judgment as that would lead to even more controversy.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

woodrow hog call

LRHawg

It's got to hurt so much more to get this far and then get blasted by the gators.  ;D

I don't feel sorry for them, they've been cocky all year.

Bacons Rebellion

Probably the ball game, true, but what kind of baseball fans leave in the 9th because you are down four? Down 4 runs is ONE SWING OF THE BAT.

Horrible fans.

Hogs49ers

I think Hess is going to be a great pitcher for a long time, but I think LSU overworked him here in the CWS - and he just was not ready for it.  I mean he did not become their closer until during the CWS.
SCREW Vandy!

BigSexyHog

Hey Coach it's a little late to get someone warming up now.....lol.  ass clown
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Dr. Starcs

Loving this. Well, not loving, but just despise the corn dogs a lot more than the gaytors.

thebignasty

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 27, 2017, 10:15:57 pm
I think Hess is going to be a great pitcher for a long time, but I think LSU overworked him here in the CWS - and he just was not ready for it.  I mean he did not become their closer until during the CWS.

He was pretty clearly out of gas and they just kept riding him.
But they win

TebowHater

Quote from: BigSexyHog on June 27, 2017, 10:17:12 pm
Hey Coach it's a little late to get someone warming up now.....lol.  ass clown

Can someone help clarify the distaste for Paul M on this board? Did anything happen in year's past with us?

I've mentioned before, but always seemed classy to me and speaks highly of DVH so I have been curious what the story is (if any). I also vividly recall hearing him mic'd up in the SECCG with the Fletcher slide - he didn't challenge or make a fuss about it all...said something to the effect "He went straight in, it was clean. Don't worry about that"

Hogs49ers

Well it looks like we were 1-0 (16-0) against the national champs...
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: thebignasty on June 27, 2017, 10:20:34 pm
He was pretty clearly out of gas and they just kept riding him.

Plus Hess is a high intensity guy that just goes all-in on every single pitch, so I would imagine he would wear down quicker than some other closers based on that.
SCREW Vandy!

Bogghawg

Opinions:  Did Florida mail it in against us at the SEC tourney in order to get ready for regionals or did we just cream them while they were trying their best?  And if they did, wasn't it a good idea?  We talk about the pros and cone of doing it ourselves every year.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

factchecker

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on June 27, 2017, 10:15:37 pm
Probably the ball game, true, but what kind of baseball fans leave in the 9th because you are down four? Down 4 runs is ONE SWING OF THE BAT.

Horrible fans.

From the [CENSORED]-canoes behind home plate to the trash throwers in the outfield - gotta love the garbage corndog fans leaving early.

Our fans stay through multiple rain delays to see our team play at 3:00 am:

https://twitter.com/KTHogs/status/871624147406696450

https://twitter.com/YourNaborJohn/status/871641264013193216
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

thebignasty

Quote from: Bogghawg on June 27, 2017, 10:25:53 pm
Opinions:  Did Florida mail it in against us at the SEC tourney in order to get ready for regionals or did we just cream them while they were trying their best?  And if they did, wasn't it a good idea?  We talk about the pros and cone of doing it ourselves every year.

Best answer is 'That's baseball.'
But they win

factchecker

Quote from: Bogghawg on June 27, 2017, 10:25:53 pm

They pitched arguably one of their best pitchers (at least top 2) in Singer.  That same pitcher played a hell of a game against LSU yesterday.  They didn't mail in crap.  Baseball happened.  Sometimes your bats are hot and the other pitcher is off.  We took advantage.

You have to remember we were a cluster of bad plays from winning the series vs. LSU.  We are a good team.  Stomping the eventual national champion is not surprising at all.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bogghawg

Quote from: factchecker on June 27, 2017, 10:28:44 pm
They pitched arguably one of their best pitchers (at least top 2) in Singer.  That same pitcher played a hell of a game against LSU yesterday.  They didn't mail in crap.  Baseball happened.  Sometimes your bats are hot and the other pitcher is off.  We took advantage.

You have to remember we were a cluster of bad plays from winning the series vs. LSU.  We are a good team.  Stomping the eventual national champion is not surprising at all.
Agree
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Hogs49ers

Quote from: thebignasty on June 27, 2017, 10:27:35 pm
Best answer is 'That's baseball.'

The pitched one of their top guys - Brady Singer.  They were definitely trying to win against us going into the game, but no doubt that they probably gave up once we got up big early.
SCREW Vandy!

thebignasty

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 27, 2017, 10:30:27 pm
The pitched one of their top guys - Brady Singer.  They were definitely trying to win against us going into the game, but no doubt that they probably gave up once we got up big early.

Yeah I don't think they played to lose. Singer was off or we were hot, or both.   Just happens in baseball.
But they win

BigSexyHog

Quote from: TebowHater on June 27, 2017, 10:20:43 pm
Can someone help clarify the distaste for Paul M on this board? Did anything happen in year's past with us?

I've mentioned before, but always seemed classy to me and speaks highly of DVH so I have been curious what the story is (if any). I also vividly recall hearing him mic'd up in the SECCG with the Fletcher slide - he didn't challenge or make a fuss about it all...said something to the effect "He went straight in, it was clean. Don't worry about that"

Just tired of LSU getting lucky in baseball.  They always seems to squeak out a win by luck
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

panhandlepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 27, 2017, 09:55:53 pm

A friend came over last night and said "I guess I'm just baseballed out.".

I would have loved to see one more game.

hoglady

Quote from: panhandlepig on June 27, 2017, 10:48:47 pm
  A friend came over last night and said "I guess I'm just baseballed out.".

I would have loved to see one more game.

Me, too / really wanted this to go to 3 games.

But I've got plenty of MLB and my Red Sox to watch.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

SPAL

Minor league, summer ball, all star game....lot of baseball still to be played. Already jacked about the mlb world series.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 28, 2017, 07:25:13 am
Minor league, summer ball, all star game....lot of baseball still to be played. Already jacked about the mlb world series.
What two teams do you predict in the MLB World Series this year?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 27, 2017, 10:21:02 pm
Well it looks like we were 1-0 (16-0) against the national champs...
Mercy ruled them... 8)

hoglady

Congrats to Florida.

They played with composure and confidence throughout both games.
Made some great defensive plays and pitched well.

311Hog

man Corndog fans really set a new low IMHO last night.  Throwing crap on the field, walking out in the 9th, and at one point you can see the camera zoom in on a ball boy i think it was 3rd base line shagging a foul ball and as i saw all night giving it to a kid or tossing it into the stands.  You can see this big bearded LSU fan with i am assuming his kid screaming at the ball boy because he didn't give the ball to his kid but instead gave it to another one.

Wow stay classy.  Gaytors were due, and LSU had to lose one sometime. Someone please kill the rally opossum.

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 27, 2017, 10:05:22 pm
I see your point. It didn't have any effect on that guy scoring. Just the rule.

The way I see it is if they don't make the runners go back to the previous base, then what is the point of the rule? You could try to take the second baseman out every time if it's going to be a for sure double play and just see if they call it or not.

Hogs49ers

One thing that is clear - pitching wins championships.  If you're just a power hitting team, you are bound to go cold at some point, but if you have solid, deep pitching and win games 2-1, 3-2 when you're not hitting much, you will be much more consistent throughout a tourney. 

I think we will have the perfect blend of great hitting and pitching next year which should put us in contention!
SCREW Vandy!

SPAL

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 28, 2017, 08:24:40 am
What two teams do you predict in the MLB World Series this year?

Dodgers over Astros in 6.

Gonna be epic playoffs with the Yanks and Sox, stros, dodgers, nats....

dotnet

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 28, 2017, 02:50:20 pm
Dodgers over Astros in 6.

Gonna be epic playoffs with the Yanks and Sox, stros, dodgers, nats....

and cubs

SPAL

Quote from: dotnet on June 28, 2017, 03:02:01 pm
and cubs

Maybe. They better get it together or the Brewers will take it. The wc will come from the West.

JHGiunta

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on June 28, 2017, 11:16:55 am
The way I see it is if they don't make the runners go back to the previous base, then what is the point of the rule? You could try to take the second baseman out every time if it's going to be a for sure double play and just see if they call it or not.

Not true. Call the guy out at first that the interference is trying to protect. You slide wrong and it's DP without a throw. If it's not called it doesn't change anything anyway. Thanks for all the great posts about it. Was just curious.

TebowHater

Quote from: BigSexyHog on June 27, 2017, 10:39:59 pm

Just tired of LSU getting lucky in baseball.  They always seems to squeak out a win by luck

Gotcha, FWIW DVH alluded to his "good friend" (PM) being one of the first people he talked to this morning after they lost last night to talk through it. I just have always thought he was a good coach and respected us, unlike most LSU coaches and fans, and that he has been given a bad wrap. But it certainly wouldn't have surprised me if there was something more to it.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

woodrow hog call

Quote from: JHGiunta on June 28, 2017, 06:48:31 pm
Not true. Call the guy out at first that the interference is trying to protect. You slide wrong and it's DP without a throw. If it's not called it doesn't change anything anyway. Thanks for all the great posts about it. Was just curious.

You aren't thinking about all of the other scenarios though, say the runner  is taking the 2nd baseman out just as the ball gets to him and he was actually going to throw home to get that runner, or there had been a runner on 2nd and he scores because the bag man got so tangled up with the base runner he couldn't even get up to throw. If you let play continue there are too many other things that would have to be sorted out every time, and the higher possibility of somebody getting it wrong, keep it simple and make it a standard rule that is applied the same every time.

If the interference is called that is, that's enough of a judgement right there without adding in which base runner would be where.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."