Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 02:42:59 pm

Popups

Started by hawgrunner, March 23, 2017, 11:53:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgrunner

Using Chrome or IE, on my destop or the laptop I keep getting the following popup...

Hawgndaaz

same thing. its awful

grayhawg

Quote from: hawgrunner on March 23, 2017, 11:53:02 pm
Using Chrome or IE, on my destop or the laptop I keep getting the following popup...

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on March 24, 2017, 08:50:27 am
same thing. its awful
Adguard

McKdaddy

Not a fan of this pop-up ad.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

hawgrunner

McKdaddy

Yeah, maybe 3 days ago, right?  I used to have "local" ads running alongside the right side of hogville on my screen.  They no longer are there, and instead have these fake news, some are nsfw, click bait ads.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

hawgrunner

Yea, 3 days about right.

Dr. Starcs

Get rid of it please.

hawgrunner

Has anyone talked to Doug or Lanny?

BDSCT51

Really stupid and more than annoying!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Hogs run wild

thought i was the only one. hate it. it's cheesy and is characteristic of bait click websites/sites that claim to have news, but you have to click through tons of add filled pages just to get the news.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

nchogg

I also hate it. Had checked for adware then realized this is the only web page I have this problem. I have also not been on hogville very much since it started. Want to keep up with my hogs so PLEASE get rid of "Ads by Revcontent", it's very annoying. Will check back tomorrow.

WATER HOG

Glad I'm not only one

hawgrunner

sent a pm to doug but haven't heard anything yet.

nchogg

Sent a PM to Lanny and he has not responded.

hawgrunner

Hope we hear something soon.

BDSCT51

It most definitely has cut down on the "Time Wasted" accruals for HV. Maybe that's the goal, to get us all just royally ticked off so we don't take all the bandwidth........................................................
Bleeding Razorback Red

HawgWild

I wonder how much control/influence the web site owners have over the type of stuff being promoted? Or, do they just make the space available and anyone can put their links there? I've not clicked on any of these but the few times I've done this on other sites, all I got was more pop up crap and a "site blocked" notice from my anti-malware program.

LSUFan

I refuse to click any ads on any website.

Having said that, go ahead and pimp out a website, it detracts, especially pop ups.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

hawgrunner

Lanny

Quote from: HawgWild on March 30, 2017, 04:42:25 pm
I wonder how much control/influence the web site owners have over the type of stuff being promoted? Or, do they just make the space available and anyone can put their links there? I've not clicked on any of these but the few times I've done this on other sites, all I got was more pop up crap and a "site blocked" notice from my anti-malware program.
I have full control.  I tried the ads at the bottom of the screen and trashed them for members.  I listen to you guys
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hawgrunner

Quote from: Lanny on April 10, 2017, 08:22:46 am
I have full control.  I tried the ads at the bottom of the screen and trashed them for members.  I listen to you guys

Thanks

LSUFan

Quote from: Lanny on April 10, 2017, 08:22:46 am
Thanks

I knew there was a reason we keep you around.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.