Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phil Steele's Top 7 OL units in college football

Started by EcatsR, May 17, 2015, 03:09:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EcatsR

May 17, 2015, 03:09:41 pm Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 03:23:29 pm by EcatsR
Apologies if already posted :)

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Poll-Phil-Steeles-Top-7-OL-units-in-college-football-37319336

Quote: "There are some notable omissions from the Steele's Top 7, such as Alabama, Auburn and Wisconsin, three teams that have been consistently great up front for the past several years."

Also a poll at the bottom: tOSU currently leading.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Pig in the Pokey

Hogs in 2nd. I think Sparty has the best #s but I'll take our Hogs.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawgzinbowlz

We have the best numbers in the SEC West.
Looking forward to Sept. 5.

" GO HOGS "

King Kong

HogMantheIntruder

Our offense has the potential to be scary good this season. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 17, 2015, 08:46:56 pm
Our offense has the potential to be scary good this season. 

Could be. We need more developed and experienced depth on the O-Line. First team is probably as good as any in the nation but at this point, I'm not sure we can say the same for the back-ups. Tremendous talent and potential, absolutely. They just don't have the experience that they need, yet.

And, I want to see if the Receivers as a whole are going to be more productive and in all fairness, some of that potential success is going to have to do with Enos being more creative and less predictable in play calling, putting our offense in a position to have the opportunity for more success in all phases of the game.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 17, 2015, 09:39:25 pm
Could be. We need more developed and experienced depth on the O-Line. First team is probably as good as any in the nation but at this point, I'm not sure we can say the same for the back-ups. Tremendous talent and potential, absolutely. They just don't have the experience that they need, yet.

And, I want to see if the Receivers as a whole are going to be more productive and in all fairness, some of that potential success is going to have to do with Enos being more creative and less predictable in play calling, putting our offense in a position to have the opportunity for more success in all phases of the game.

It's good to have UTEP, Toledo and Texas Tech, for OL experience, before we go to 'Jerry's World'.
I think Coach Pittman will have us dialed in, as we have experienced starters and enough raw talent to blend in and keep us fresh enough. CSP will maximize our performance.

We caught the ball well enough in the Texas Bowl and CDE should be an upgrade.

" GO HOGS "

Flatline

We have the best online running back combination in the country. I believe that Allen will be much improved because of Enos. I due worry about the loses on defense but think that we will be in every game we play this year. We could win 10 game but we could easily win only 7.

It will be fun and exciting no matter what.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 17, 2015, 09:39:25 pm

Receiver is the only position on offense that I'm not totally sold on.  Keon really seemed to step his game up last year, especially towards the end of the season. If he keeps that going, then I believe BA will have his go to guy. I'm really hoping that Reed will be able to quickly learn his routes and develop some good chemistry with BA.  Having a reliable, true speedster would open up so much in the passing game and keeping the defenses on their toes.  As you said, the TE's will contribute a ton, and we know that HH will pretty much catch anything thrown to him. It looks like Sprinkle may be close to that level as well.  If we can just add a couple of those receivers who make the QB look good, even when he's not making perfect throws, then we could be unstoppable.

I have a lot of faith in Enos. His track record is fantastic, but it's his intelligence and his upside that have me so excited. Much like CBB, I think his best coaching is still ahead of him. His academic prowess is well known, and his experience as a head coach has, I'm sure, deepened his understanding of the game. IMO, he has the potential to develop into a Petrino level OC, but with a different philosophy. Only time will tell, but one great thing about CBB is that he lets his coordinators do their job, so he should have the freedom to really showcase what he can do.  One thing I'm quite certain of, though; he has got to be excited about the amount of talent he has to work with this season.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.