Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hocker is a Saint!

Started by Dirttrackhog, May 17, 2015, 02:56:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirttrackhog

Glad to see him get signed.

popcornhog

Awesome to hear!

I've never been much of an NFL fan, but the Saints and Chiefs are my favorite teams.
WPS

Vantage 8 dude

I hope he has a very long and successful career in N.O.. :razorback:

Hawgzilla

gmarv

that's good news hope the best for him.

King Kong

Saints kicking has be up and down for a long time. It's a good place for him IMO

Pig Latin

Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

TexHog188

Kicking in the dome should be to his liking.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

PORKULATOR

Its a job kicking in a dome 10 games a year. (@ least. Atl & St Louis plus home games and probably a non division dome game somewhere so) 11 at least even.
Perfect for him. Awesome
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hoglady

Saint fan here!!
Love this news!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WarPig88

ADavisTheGOAT

Very good pick up for the Saints! I hope Zach has a great career there!
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hoglady

Quote from: GirlHog on May 17, 2015, 08:35:34 pm
Me, too! Love dat!

Yep - I remember you work and live in my home town - Bossier City.
Hope the Saints get things back on track this year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hawgzinbowlz

Congratulations to A Razorback, who was born in Arkansas.
One of the best kickers we've had in years.

" GO HOGS "

Pigsknuckles

May 18, 2015, 07:24:43 am #14 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:52:09 am by Pigsknuckles
That's great. He had tried out for them in December. Miami picked him up shortly thereafter, then recently waived him. Glad he found a place to land. Hope it's not just a move to motivate the other two NO kickers.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/05/zach_hocker_new_orleans_saints.html
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hogs-n-Roses

When they go ahead n sign him does he automatically go on the payroll. IE become a paid NFL athlete. If so wonder what kind of money that brings.

DeltaBoy

Congrats to Zach.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

lahawg1

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on May 18, 2015, 08:15:37 am
When they go ahead n sign him does he automatically go on the payroll. IE become a paid NFL athlete. If so wonder what kind of money that brings.
My understanding is if he makes the team he will draw a paycheck for each game. I could be wrong on that.

carolinahogger

I think he is a great guy and was a fine Razorback but I doubt that he has fulfilled all of the requirements:

To become canonized as a saint, a perfect track record isn't required (or possible). Hence, being sinless isn't on the list. So, what is required for sainthood?

Two verifiable postmortem miracles

Note: Canonization (sainthood) requires two miracles, whereas beatification (blessed) requires only one.

Evidence of having led an exemplary life of goodness and virtue worthy of imitation, having died a heroic death (martyrdom), or having undergone a major conversion of heart where a previous immoral life is abandoned and replaced by one of outstanding holiness

hawg1221

He's a helluva guy, but I don't know about a Saint.   :D

Hogwild

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on May 18, 2015, 07:24:43 am
That's great. He had tried out for them in December. Miami picked him up shortly thereafter, then recently waived him. Glad he found a place to land. Hope it's not just a move to motivate the other two NO kickers.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/05/zach_hocker_new_orleans_saints.html

Saints cut Shane Graham today.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: hawg1221 on May 19, 2015, 09:40:59 am

beat me to it

pigture perfect

Woo pig. Love the news as well.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Hogwild on May 19, 2015, 02:35:33 pm
Saints cut Shane Graham today.

Hate that for Graham. Love that for Hocker. Hope he can make the best of it.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Dr. Starcs

How did Shiloh Christian pull this one off?

:)

SamBuckhart

Quote from: hawg1221 on May 19, 2015, 09:40:59 am
My heroes have always been Cowboys. I will pull for you, Mr. Hocker.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Tequilin' Time

Congrats Zach!!!   

Close enough to my new home (RN riviera) and in the dome!