Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema says to Sprinkle...

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, May 11, 2015, 06:06:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

Wow.  Serious butt hurt in this thread... LMAO at some of ya'll going overboard over a pick up game.  No one knows the context of CBB tweet so take a chill pill bro!  Guess we need to put our guys in a bubble till practice starts so our babies don't get hurt.  Better not lift weights either cause you can get hurt that way.  Can't have players getting hurt right guys????
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

PorkRinds

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 12, 2015, 12:39:00 pm
Wow.  Serious butt hurt in this thread... LMAO at some of ya'll going overboard over a pick up game.  No one knows the context of CBB tweet so take a chill pill bro!  Guess we need to put our guys in a bubble till practice starts so our babies don't get hurt.  Better not lift weights either cause you can get hurt that way.  Can't have players getting hurt right guys????

I mean, we did lose one to a broken arm that happened during a pick up basketball game.  So there's that.  Bottom line is that if coach tells him his time is better spent doing something else, he should listen.  Not butt hurt, just reality.

twistitup

How does Coach B feel about bowling? Do real football players bowl or is it too much risk to the shoulder?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

presidenthog

Quote from: ricepig on May 12, 2015, 12:37:46 pm
Nope, he told all of his players to read "Fearless" about Adam Brown by Eric Blehm.

@BretBielema: Handed out to our players tonight summer break reading assignment. Thank you to Adam Brown parents for sharing! #WPS http://t.co/QOM9ptSU3Q
nice thanks for clearing that up. I don't use twitter.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on May 12, 2015, 12:44:48 pm
nice thanks for clearing that up. I don't use twitter.

You don't have to "use" it to read it. It's very informative in sports and business.

hoglady

The real question is - did Sprinkle go hoop - or stay home??
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on May 12, 2015, 12:59:45 pm
The real question is - did Sprinkle go hoop - or stay home??

Probably won't ever know.....

hawginbigd1

If coach B thinks it is a bad decision then so be it, i am just not sure putting the player on blast is the right approach, a PM or text would have been better IMO.

linkshog

He actually did go hoop.  He and his brother played in a cystic fibrosis charity game in his hometown.  it was for a good cause and i have it on a good authority he brought it to CBB's attention and coach game him his blessing.  He just told him to limit it to that and not playing pick up games every dday.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

nchogg

Sprinkle needs to relax after workouts and go fishing.

twistitup

Quote from: nchogg on May 12, 2015, 01:35:36 pm
Sprinkle needs to relax after workouts and go fishing.

That involves water and risk of drowning - def not a good option.

In addition he needs his hands to be hook free

twistitup

ChitownHawg

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 12, 2015, 12:39:00 pm

Uh bro.... You need to watch his presser as CBB did put context to it. Now chill with the rest of us and let CBB coach these young men the way he sees fit. Ok bro?  :D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: twistitup on May 12, 2015, 12:43:40 pm
How does Coach B feel about bowling? Do real football players bowl or is it too much risk to the shoulder?

No the risks associated with bowling are the ugly chicks, stale beer, and second hand smoke!  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: twistitup on May 12, 2015, 02:07:56 pm
That involves water and risk of drowning - def not a good option.

In addition he needs his hands to be hook free

Then if he is fishing from a boat it can be even riskier. Can't these guys see the risk?  8)

LZH

Wonder how it would have gone if Sprinkle had tweeted back "look in the mirror"?

clew

Quote from: twistitup on May 12, 2015, 12:43:40 pm
as long as it's an upper tier bowl, he's probably fine with it...
Pure as the dawn

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on May 12, 2015, 09:38:45 pm
Wonder how it would have gone if Sprinkle had tweeted back "look in the mirror"?

Sprinkle probably would still be out there running bleachers!  ;D

twistitup

Mike A would have had a new walk on

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 13, 2015, 04:40:22 am
Sprinkle probably would still be out there running bleachers!  ;D
Quote from: twistitup on May 13, 2015, 04:54:25 am
Mike A would have had a new walk on

Ha!  No surprise that you two characters got the joke.......guess it irritated everyone else.  I just thought it was kind of ironic that BB is now the twitter police.

Choctaw Hog

Bielema would have probably pointed out that he is no longer playing and trying to help his team win and make it to the NFL.   

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 11, 2015, 08:25:27 pm
Your players? How many of your players have reached the NFL?

Poster is probably referencing "his players" on his video game teams. That's as close to coaching and playing in college as he will ever get. 

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: twistitup on May 11, 2015, 08:16:42 pm
Will he stick?

Maybe he will, maybe he won't.  The point is Derby got drafted by the defending NFL Super Bowl Champions. What part of that is hard to understand?   

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2015, 05:08:51 am
Ha!  No surprise that you two characters got the joke.......guess it irritated everyone else.  I just thought it was kind of ironic that BB is now the twitter police.

Humor is lacking sometimes on HV. Hard to get a good sarcastic drenched conversation going anymore. People are either to PC or to sensitive.

Fortunately we are neither!  8)

Hog Fan from Camden

I think everyone is missing the point of CBB's message that he is trying to send.  Sprinkle is light and needs to put on weight and seems to have problems putting/keeping on weight.  Playing basketball (an extra unauthorized aerobic activity) does not fit in Coach Herb's plan for him to put on weight and keep it on during the summer.  If he had problems keeping his weight down (like me), hooping might not be a problem.

twistitup

May 13, 2015, 07:55:43 am #75 Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:06:43 am by twistitup
Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 13, 2015, 07:21:12 am
Maybe he will, maybe he won't.  The point is Derby got drafted by the defending NFL Super Bowl Champions. What part of that is hard to understand?   

There are a wonderful bunch up there in NE....I wish him the best I bet Belecheat has huge plans for him. Can't wait to see him play on Sunday

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 13, 2015, 07:40:17 am
Humor is lacking sometimes on HV. Hard to get a good sarcastic drenched conversation going anymore. People are either to PC or to sensitive.

Fortunately we are neither!  8)

Ain't that the truth?  Damn good thing I grace Hogville with a pissy attitude and smart-azz mouth as often as I can.    :P

PorkRinds

BB is now the everything police for his team....as he should be.

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 13, 2015, 08:34:37 am
BB is now the everything police for his team....as he should be.

Amen and good for him.  We obviously need it.

We all had Petrino pegged as such a no-nonsense disciplinarian, but looking back it seems pretty clear that there were a few players that skated around some of his 'policies'.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2015, 08:58:33 am
Amen and good for him.  We obviously need it.

We all had Petrino pegged as such a no-nonsense disciplinarian, but looking back it seems pretty clear that there were a few players that skated around some of his 'policies'.

As did the man himself.

oldhawg

The irony is that older folks get criticized for not being "electronics savvy," then when someone over 25 shows a willingness to learn different systems, they get accused of meddling.  We've taught our children well.  :) 

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 13, 2015, 09:17:37 am
As did the man himself.

The rules didn't apply to Lord Bobby.........they were for everyone else, not royalty.

RT1941

Quote from: hvsupastar on May 11, 2015, 06:32:02 am
So I guess he thinks Sprinkle needs to put on weight to be successful at next level... I feel like that's good and all but I'd rather have my players playing pick up basketball in their spare time that  playing video games or smoking dope
What?  The players have a detailed workout schedule they should be maintaining during the summer.  BB is 100% correct, don't take the chance of injury playing pickup basketball.  Stick to your workout regime, eat what the nutritionists and trainers have advised and put your nose in a dang book.
RazorTusk!!!!

LZH

Quote from: oldhawg on May 13, 2015, 09:28:31 am

The irony is that older folks get criticized for not being "electronics savvy," then when someone over 25 shows a willingness to learn different systems, they get accused of meddling.  We've taught our children well.  :) 

Hey, when it comes to post-2005 technology, it seems that my young'n has been teaching me lol.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2015, 08:06:10 am
Ain't that the truth?  Damn good thing I grace Hogville with a pissy attitude and smart-azz mouth as often as I can.    :P

Well go over to the Tyler Wilson thread as a few cowboy fans are trying to prove Jerry knows football. They tend to have a hard time with sarcastic comments - like how many playoff games have they won in the last 8 years. I should be able to get a mile or two out of that comment