Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Nutt Returns To Help AAO

Started by Aaron Peters, May 10, 2015, 07:15:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDHOG

Quote from: jackflash on May 10, 2015, 08:47:16 pm
I have no problem with Nutt doing this. I think the AAO does a great job.
Me too. Give it a break.

jesterzzn

Inhogswetrust

May 11, 2015, 06:40:43 pm #52 Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:13:16 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: hawgwilde on May 11, 2015, 12:15:22 am
I for one stopped supporting AAO a LONG time ago. While it was a great organization, Brad has gotten a little too big for his britches. He is an arrogant jerk, and walks around like he is the cock of the walk.

It got so bad that the Wings are now associated with Next Level Achievement in Springdale - where Conley Clarke is now over the program.

I hope Hootie Nuttjob is good for their fundraising, because you'll have to get past the arrogance of the jerk running AAO. He has truly forgotten why that program was around  in the first place - to help ALL kids who played there, not just a few good ones.

You are entitled to your opinion about Brad no matter how wrong it is......................I've known him since his days as a Hog and you couldn't be more wrong.

P.S. when you mentioned the "wings" and I remembered they are an AAU team I thought it was interesting since the AAU is known for helping the good ones moreso.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Sivad

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on May 11, 2015, 10:26:06 am
Maybe they should have just invited Jane Fonda. 
Hanoi Houston was a nice compromise.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PEtrader on May 11, 2015, 08:11:42 am
You don't have to do it perfect,  but you sure can't make such an obvious dumb move by having Nutt to your event.   If you live up here,  you know as well as I do that there are more charity events than you can shake a stick at.  A charity,  no matter how great the cause is ( I think it is a good cause), has to manage their image that they are good stewards.   They especially have to in NWA because there are hundreds of good charities to choose from.   I am on the board of three of them,  believe me I understand the issue. My opinion is that having the Nuttster to your event shows extremely bad judgement,  and it leads people to ask questions.   Questions like "if they don't understand how bad of an idea it is to have Nutt to a tournament in NWA,  how can we trust they aren't just blowing the money?"    If you don't think people are asking this,  read a few of the comments besides mine in this thread.   

Again,  I didn't say it wasn't a good charity,  I said it is a bad move on the part of the organizers.   

I have read other postings about this issue. Perhaps you should read ALL of them because I think most agree with me. There is not one issue on the face of the earth that everyone will completely agree on. I honestly believe most would agree that no matter what decisions organizations make ONE such as this fund raiser should not be used to skewer a whole organization that does good. My point was ALL organizations make bad decisions and to take ONE perceived bad one only as your reason for not helping is a BAD decision in and of itself. Ironic I think. NWA is no different than any other area to a need for a LOT of help to charities. YOU and a few others may think it is dumb and guess what I'm on record as saying I would not have done it either BUT they made a decision and apparently it has not been such an "obviously dumb one" as you think. If you think there are hundreds up there that compete for donations and thus need evey decision to be a "smart decision" to get them, try being in a larger market such as where I live in Memphis and see how cutthroat it is to try to get people to help your nonprofit.

P.S. There is a nonprofit hospital here you may have heard of.......St. Jude. I know a couple of people that work there and they are the "big bully" in Memphis when it comes to getting the lions share of donations. There fund raising arm ALSAC has more money than some third world countries! I have no problem with that and they do fantastic work. That doesn't mean they always make the right decisions when it come to donations. No organization does. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: seXual cHOGolate on May 11, 2015, 10:22:26 am
Happy Ending from Nutt...think I'll pass.

You apparently didn't read to the end.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on May 11, 2015, 10:21:18 am
Sounds good.

But I have personally met with Brad on this subject, multiple times, and this statement is simply not true.

They work hand in hand with Hog athletes to help youth athletics. They know damn well most them will not be Hogs. Actually very few out of the LARGE number they work with will be. I'm sure Brad would love for all of them to be though.

Pig In The City

I didn't think Nutt was allowed back in the state.  He apparently sneaked in the trunk of someone's car.

PEtrader

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 11, 2015, 06:59:30 pm
I have read other postings about this issue. Perhaps you should read ALL of them because I think most agree with me. There is not one issue on the face of the earth that everyone will completely agree on. I honestly believe most would agree that no matter what decisions organizations make ONE such as this fund raiser should not be used to skewer a whole organization that does good. My point was ALL organizations make bad decisions and to take ONE perceived bad one only as your reason for not helping is a BAD decision in and of itself. Ironic I think. NWA is no different than any other area to a need for a LOT of help to charities. YOU and a few others may think it is dumb and guess what I'm on record as saying I would not have done it either BUT they made a decision and apparently it has not been such an "obviously dumb one" as you think. If you think there are hundreds up there that compete for donations and thus need evey decision to be a "smart decision" to get them, try being in a larger market such as where I live in Memphis and see how cutthroat it is to try to get people to help your nonprofit.

P.S. There is a nonprofit hospital here you may have heard of.......St. Jude. I know a couple of people that work there and they are the "big bully" in Memphis when it comes to getting the lions share of donations. There fund raising arm ALSAC has more money than some third world countries! I have no problem with that and they do fantastic work. That doesn't mean they always make the right decisions when it come to donations. No organization does.

Your personal bias sways you.   It was an asine decision,  and you even admit you agree.  End of story
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

lefty08

Quote from: SouthSide Johnny on May 11, 2015, 09:43:17 am
Not according to the story and on air story? " Nutt, who helped get AAO off the ground was back to raise awareness and money for the non-profit"

"I started that charity Chuck!"
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PEtrader on May 11, 2015, 10:00:52 pm
Your personal bias sways you.   It was an asine decision,  and you even admit you agree.  End of story

We all have bias when it comes to family and friends. I admitted I wouldn't have done it so how is that being biased. That doesn't make it asinine. I could be just as wrong as you say they were. Do you always call your wife asinine if she makes a decision you disagree with? Her views are just as valid as yours are. Brad is there running that organization and you and I aren't. It is more asinine of you to say his decision is asinine since you don't know all the variables that went into that decision. I may say I would not have done it but he had reasons for doing so and deserves respect for it despite how you and I might feel. Asinine is way to strong a response.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: The Kig on May 11, 2015, 11:29:29 am
Wow.... Just wow.  This isn't about Nutt trying to get back on staff at Arkansas, isn't about him saying bad things about the program, isn't even about the Hogs at all... Simply him daring to step foot in the state to volunteer an appearance at a fund raiser..  and it descends into comparisons of Ray Rice beating his wife unconscious.

Not a hugger, was happy when he left, giggle like a schoolgirl when he says dumb stuff during broadcasts, but unless he went balls deep on your wives, this level of venom is nutts.

Side Note: just like in politics, when one guy acts like an arrogant cock to crow about how much bigger of a cock the other guy is, you're just left with a couple of noisy chickens... and that's no fun for anyone.

Don't get cocky on us or I'll take my ball(s) and go home!

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: GuvHog on May 11, 2015, 09:10:24 am
That being said, some of y'all really need to lighten up. Holding a grudge for this long is just plain silly.

I will despise the Dork until the heat death of the universe.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Big Papa Satan on May 12, 2015, 01:10:44 am
I will despise the Dork until the heat death of the universe.
actually I believe the second law of thermodynamics theorizes a colder, much colder universe...nevertheless, one of us will be correct..too bad we won't be around to smite the other
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

opineonswine

Not according to the story and on air story? " Nutt, who helped get AAO off the ground was back to raise awareness and money for the non-profit"

Not true.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

opineonswine

Quote from: twistitup on May 12, 2015, 04:55:19 am
Drinkin' that Hateraid

Hate has nothing to do with it.  I was a very early supporter of AAO.  Nutt was nowhere around.

PEtrader

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 11, 2015, 11:18:09 pm
We all have bias when it comes to family and friends. I admitted I wouldn't have done it so how is that being biased. That doesn't make it asinine. I could be just as wrong as you say they were. Do you always call your wife asinine if she makes a decision you disagree with? Her views are just as valid as yours are. Brad is there running that organization and you and I aren't. It is more asinine of you to say his decision is asinine since you don't know all the variables that went into that decision. I may say I would not have done it but he had reasons for doing so and deserves respect for it despite how you and I might feel. Asinine is way to strong a response.

Brad is that you?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Aaron Peters on May 10, 2015, 07:15:23 pm
Former Razorback head football coach Houston Nutt returns to Northwest Arkansas to help an organization close to his heart. The site was the AAO (Arkansas Athletes Outreach) charity golf weekend at Shadow Valley Country Club in Rogers, Ar. Nutt, who helped get AAO off the ground was back to raise awareness and money for the non-profit organization. Our Aaron Peters played 18 holes with Nutt before pausing for an interview about AAO and the current state of the Razorback football program.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/houston-nutt-returns-to-help-aao/15369/oRYXKov2JE-tYofyVUdHbQ

Arkansas needs to remain a Nutt-free state. 

Mike Irwin

Quote from: opineonswine on May 12, 2015, 04:24:10 am
Not true.
Actually it was Joe Kines who helped get AAO going the year he was Interim head coach by lending his name to the golf tournament which became their big fundraiser. Once Danny Ford took over it became a fishing tournament. It went back to being a golf tournament when Nutt came in five years later.

From what I understand Bobby Petrino didn't want to have anything to do with AAO.

I don't know what Bielema's role is.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 11, 2015, 07:33:36 pm
They work hand in hand with Hog athletes to help youth athletics. They know damn well most them will not be Hogs. Actually very few out of the LARGE number they work with will be. I'm sure Brad would love for all of them to be though.

Sorry. I sat in meeting with Brad where he said, flat out, in plain English, that he had no interest or intention of helping ordinary kids; that he was focused only on the elite kids. He actually complimented my organization on its efforts to reach all kids, but that was just not his thing. I applaud him, at least, for his honesty, in this matter.

He may love all of them, but he only wants the elite in his organization.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 11, 2015, 06:40:43 pm
You are entitled to your opinion about Brad no matter how wrong it is......................I've known him since his days as a Hog and you couldn't be more wrong.

I never met him until about 2009. Had season tickets the whole time he was a Hog, so I knew who he was. My dealings with him have been face to face, in rooms with multiple other people present. I have no opinion of him. Instead, I know what he says, and what he does.

DeltaBoy

Houston Nutt is loved by many in the State. I been surprised he not Coaching some small college or Big High School in the State or over in Mississippi.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 12, 2015, 09:31:41 am
Houston Nutt is loved by many in the State. I been surprised he not Coaching some small college or Big High School in the State or over in Mississippi.

With the buyouts I think he got from UA and OM, why would he bother? He can just sit on the beach, and giggle his butt off. "I ordered that mojito, brutha!"

Dwight_K_Shrute

He is an ass.  Not on the level of Petrino but at least with Petrino you know what you are getting.  If his appearance helped a charitable organization, great, but don't think for one minute he doesn't have a little hidden agenda.  Nutt is about Nutt and has an innate desire to be liked or popular.

He is basically a prodigal's son right now living in exile.  He made bank so I'm sure it's a nice lifestyle but wherever the hell he lives whether it is Texas, NM, or the moon, people there don't give 1 much less 2 sh*** about him.  He wants nothing more than to be liked, and welcomed back to his home state where all is forgiven and forgotten.  I'm also sure that he would love to be inducted into the ASHOF.  What better way to soften hearts, repair your rep, and remind folks you are in the people heppin bidness than to donate your precious time to the needy charities of Arkansas.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 12, 2015, 11:14:10 am
He wants nothing more than to be liked, and welcomed back to his home state where all is forgiven and forgotten. 

I think this is very astute. In California, Florida, Texas, or New York, few people would know who the heck he is. Here, if he can re-hab his image just a bit, he is Arkansas royalty.

pigture perfect

I think its inate in all men to be well liked.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 12, 2015, 11:41:44 am

I know at least 2 that would disagree.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 12, 2015, 11:41:44 am

....or delude themselves into thinking they are.........

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Pig In The City on May 11, 2015, 07:46:24 pm
I didn't think Nutt was allowed back in the state.  He apparently sneaked in the trunk of someone's car.
"Come on out Houston."

VBHOG

Why the need for a few in the Arkansas media to continue to kiss Houston Nutt's rear?  His appearance at this function should have been a non-story.  I'm used to seeing Bo continue to prop him up but a little surprised that Razorback Nation chose to make a story of this appearance.

supersaint

They should have invited Bowe Birddog
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

SouthSide Johnny

Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Big Papa Satan

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PEtrader on May 10, 2015, 08:47:48 pm
Non profits are all about marketing,  and having Houston Nutt to your tourney in NWA is bad marketing.  I am playing in a tourney Friday at that course,  and donated a nice sum to the charity putting it on. Ie I am potential donor to your friends group.  I would not donate to a group who brought in Nutt because to me it shows lack of judgement.

There not selling you anything, and if you can't over look your hate for a good cause then that's your loss. Some things people say here are really retarded sometimes...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PEtrader

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on May 12, 2015, 09:22:37 pm
There not selling you anything, and if you can't over look your hate for a good cause then that's your loss. Some things people say here are really retarded sometimes...

Brad you don't have to come on making excuses as to why you brought hootie to your tourney.  I just think it was a bad decision personally,  but you don't owe me any excuses.

LZH

Quote from: PEtrader on May 10, 2015, 07:44:59 pm
I would immediately pull my sponsorship of that tourney

Agreed.  I don't care if that man gave all of his money to charity, donated a kidney to a sick kid, picked up trash on the side of the freeway for a year, and got on his knees on national TV to beg forgiveness for all the horse**** he pulled while he was here......as far as I'm concerned, he should never be allowed back in Arkansas again.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LZH on May 12, 2015, 09:59:16 pm
Agreed.  I don't care if that man gave all of his money to charity, donated a kidney to a sick kid, picked up trash on the side of the freeway for a year, and got on his knees on national TV to beg forgiveness for all the horse**** he pulled while he was here......as far as I'm concerned, he should never be allowed back in Arkansas again.

I think you went a little overboard there. IF that money for charity was your charity or even moreso the donated kidney was for your kid you might feel different.

RT1941

Quote from: Smokehouse on May 10, 2015, 10:04:40 pm
It takes a special kind of pettiness to spite a charity group over a football coach.
Indeed!

RazorTusk!!!!

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on May 11, 2015, 08:40:51 am
I can totally see him being a replacement for Lou Holtz.

Mark May has just appealed to Reece Davis for a decision in favor of the 77 year old Jane Fonda...

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on May 13, 2015, 10:44:00 am
Mark May has just appealed to Reece Davis for a decision in favor of the 77 year old Jane Fonda...

As much as I hate Nutt I think he would be an interesting replacement for Corso.  Basically a crazy ex coach that can give a little insight and spout gibberish.

If SEC Net added a former coach to their Saturday show Nutt would be a good choice having coached at 2 SEC Schools.  The signs would be crazy.

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 13, 2015, 08:49:24 am
I think you went a little overboard there. IF that money for charity was your charity or even moreso the donated kidney was for your kid you might feel different.

OK, well then after he donates the kidney, he's gotta get back to Santa Fe or wherever it is that he's been living.....kinda like a one week visa or somethin'.

BENTON PIGGEE

I guess Sandusky couldn't get a work release. :(

farmhawg

well he did help invent football.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PonderinHog

East Clintwood

Quote from: farmhawg on May 14, 2015, 08:14:54 am
well he did help invent football.....

And he also invented the internet and he and his wife were the inspiration for "Love Story".

No, wait --- that was Algore.  Getting the idiots confused with each other.

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

RazorChuck

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 12, 2015, 01:13:05 am
actually I believe the second law of thermodynamics theorizes a colder, much colder universe...nevertheless, one of us will be correct..too bad we won't be around to smite the other
Smiting is under rated.

hawganatic

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 13, 2015, 12:32:09 pm
As much as I hate Nutt I think he would be an interesting replacement for Corso.  Basically a crazy ex coach that can give a little insight and spout gibberish.

If SEC Net added a former coach to their Saturday show Nutt would be a good choice having coached at 2 SEC Schools.  The signs would be crazy.

I don't have the same level of disdain for Nutt as some in this thread, but him on the SEC Network would cause me to change channels.  Couldn't stand listening him talk in circles for more than a few minutes...

Jamie Jones

Quote from: WarPig88 on May 10, 2015, 11:36:58 pm
He hurt this program immensely. He tarnished it's potential in the eyes of the national media. I guess you don't remember them saying that he was the best we could expect here, etc?

We have since seen the true potential of this program under the last 2 coaching hires.

To say Nutt only hurt people is just not accurate.
I am not a HDN fan, but to say that he hurt this program immensely and that the national media sees him as anything but a great guy and above average coach is just incorrect. I'd say that he wasted a lot of talent and failed to finish the job on the field, more than once. (Which his detractors should be glad he did, lest he had won championships and would still be roaming our sidelines.) But I'd also say that he was the predecessor to the coach who actually hurt the program the worst. I can see where AAO would want Houston involved in their charity. He comes from a family background that lends itself to such an organization. JMO.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

hoghearted

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 12, 2015, 11:14:10 am
He is an ass.  Not on the level of Petrino but at least with Petrino you know what you are getting.  If his appearance helped a charitable organization, great, but don't think for one minute he doesn't have a little hidden agenda.  Nutt is about Nutt and has an innate desire to be liked or popular.

He is basically a prodigal's son right now living in exile.  He made bank so I'm sure it's a nice lifestyle but wherever the hell he lives whether it is Texas, NM, or the moon, people there don't give 1 much less 2 sh*** about him.  He wants nothing more than to be liked, and welcomed back to his home state where all is forgiven and forgotten.  I'm also sure that he would love to be inducted into the ASHOF.  What better way to soften hearts, repair your rep, and remind folks you are in the people heppin bidness than to donate your precious time to the needy charities of Arkansas.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle