Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Golf Razorbacks Arrested

Started by KlubhouseKonnected, May 07, 2015, 01:46:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

panhandlepig

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 08, 2015, 07:57:23 am
As the story is now, the only thing the girl did wrong is trusting that she could sleep off a night of drinking at an apt with 2 male friends present.

I hear you. She trusted her friends. It appears they were not her friends at all.

Unfortunately, you gotta teach your girls that too. Don't trust that someone is your friend.  ..... And I like loud music. Now more than ever. Turn it up, I can't hear it!   ;D

nationwish

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 08, 2015, 01:15:33 pm
Or, as has obviously happened way too often in the military, it would be covered up by their superiors and the girl would be shamed unto silence.

Yeah, that was kind of funny to use the Air Force in that instance, as the Air Force Academy had one of the biggest rape scandals going on in recent years.

LZH

Why pull a stunt like that?  There are girls all over the place who are more than willing to get drunk, take off their clothes, and have some freeky pics taken of them by a room full of guys (and much, much more).

WorfHog

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on May 07, 2015, 06:29:04 pm
You're assuming a lot here. I think I was pretty clear that I don't think it's her fault.

Doesn't mean it was a smart move. If I go walking down University in the middle of the night, it's not my fault if I get mugged. Nobody has the right to mug me because of where/when I am. But it's still dumb to be there under those conditions.

Allow me to further illustrate: If I jump out of a tree and break my leg, that's my fault for jumping out of the tree. If I'm sitting in a tree and the limb snaps and I break my leg, that's not my fault because I didn't cause it to happen. However, being it the tree in the first place probably wasn't very smart.

She's not responsible for their actions. At all. That's not even open to debate, and anyone who thinks that she is responsible is a moron.

However, that doesn't mean that all situations are created equal. There are a lot of bad choices as portrayed in the article; that led up to her being a victim. It's just reality, even if it's not fair. We need to be allowed to show our daughters that situation and teach them how to avoid it with out being called "victim blamers".

On the other hand, it's also a good lesson to show our sons when we teach them how to treat women. Not only to be respectful if they find themselves in this situation, but also how to avoid the situation altogether (ie: sending a female friend to pick her up, etc)

That's a very weak analogy since trees are not sentient beings with free will. You should teach your son to respect women, not avoid helping a friend when they need it.  At no point did this young women make any choice that should have led to her being raped/photographed illegally.  These to young men are creeps. 

I'm done with this thread.   :puke:

Tier1hog

Quote from: TeufelHog on May 07, 2015, 06:24:15 pm
I love people that say, "Don't blame the victim." 

Here's one for you . . . "Don't put yourself in a position to be a victim!"

That's right ladies, the University of Arkansas has no problem enrolling rapist athletes. So now that you know that, it's YOUR responsibility!

hog.goblin

Quote from: presidenthog on May 07, 2015, 11:08:25 am
Guys they didn't rape this girl. She like most young women can't handle their liquor got really drunk and unwisely as most women do think that thier guy friends don't somewhere deep down want to see them naked. As it sounds I don't think her pants even came off. She says she was given a shirt to wear. So really she just practiced for mardi gras a little earlier than she would have liked. There wasn't any rape here. They are just flat out stupid and took pictures when they should have wisely realized they got a sneak preview they under most circumstances (clearly she didn't find them attractive enough to want them to have lude photos of her) and just kept it locked away in thier memory banks. From what I'm betting she probably is the one who took her clothes off not them. She says she was given a shirt to wear, then says she remembers flashes so she was definitely coherent enough to do the dressing herself because you aren't passed out drunk and remember a detail like that. She probably took her clothes off in front of them and that's how they took the photos. I know I know don't blame the victim, but she probably could have been wiser in her choices of people to leave with.

It's not 1950 anymore.  What a disgusting way to rationalize a rape.

KlubhouseKonnected

If she took off her own clothes they may not be found guilty, it would all come down to whether she had a reasonable expectation of privacy. Either way these dudes are finks.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

nchogg

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 07, 2015, 03:26:42 pm
Practiced early for Mardi Gras?  Please tell me this post is a joke.  It's an attitude like this that gets young men in trouble in the first place.  She didn't take any pictures as far as we know.  REGARDLESS of her decisions up to that point, we don't even have a thread if they treat her with respect, give her a shirt and a place to sleep, and LEAVE HER ALONE.
This!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hogfan870 on May 08, 2015, 12:59:38 pm
If it is indeed true that the young lady was not wearing underwear, that is she was literally in a golf shirt and nothing else, it just adds to my position that we should wait for all of the facts to come out. 

I have never really looked at the criminal voyerism laws, but how are the brittney spears crotch shots while getting out of a car, lindey lohan nip slips, whatever, pics not a crime if it is true that taking pics without someone's consent is a crime?  I guess it is a public v. private place thing, but it is difficult for me to think that you have some expectation of privacy in anywhere other than the bathroom in someone else's house. 

You cannot tell me that you truly believe she took off her own panties... Girls sleep in shirts and underwear like all the time. It's the 10-30 uniform. The absolute reason she thought she was raped was because those things were missing when she woke up. That made her feel violated enough to call the cops. What's sad is that if those A-Holes were smart enough to dress her back up, leave the flash off and not bounce her around too much there is no telling what they COULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH, leaving this a much more tragic and unknown incident.

The fact that So MANY of you dudes are attempting to make her in anyway responsible for predatory behavior is beyond my comprehension. What makes it doubly sad is that these were guys that she trusted and thought she could depend on to take care of her in a bad spot. I feel sorry for her husband because he is gonna have problems that are not his fault. My ex wife and I fought like cats and dogs over sex for 9 years, and it wasn't until I was re married that I found out what she went through in college. You better pray that my son is who your daughter is trusting in a few years...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

secfan30

Quote from: Hog N Bama on May 07, 2015, 05:00:55 am
Temptations are powerful at that age. It's best to just not let yourself get in that situation and if so, learn some self control. There are lines in life you just can't cross. Couldn't the girl have called a girlfriend or gotten a ride to her own home???

She trusted one of these guys as a friend. The gender of a friend in this situations should not matter. He should have been a man about this.

jjdlc

I sat through a seminar on rape a while back, it was be taught by some group that provides counseling to rape victims.  One of the stories they told offered a very different perspective on these types of situations, and a cautionary tale.  Remember I'm just passing this on 3rd hand.

According to the story, the young man in question had taken the drunk female home with him, and allowed her to crash there.  A week or two later, the female accused the young man of rape.  According to the counselor telling the story, no physical evidence was ever found that supported any sexual encounter between the two, just the young woman's testimony.  This counselor seemed to believe that the young man's only crime was trying to be nice.  The case went to court, and the jury was sympathetic to the young woman, and found the man guilty.  The young man was eventually released from prison, and has been a model citizen ever since, however, he will live with a sex offender tag for the rest of his life. 

Of course, I have no idea how real the story is, the counselor didn't give out names, or give any details about when or where this occurred.  Should make you think twice when helping a drunk young woman out.  If you can't take them to their house and drop them off, at least try to find a better situation to leave them at than your own house.

PEtrader

Dudes were idiots,  but none of us know the facts here either way.   Not much sense in speculation for either side.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Hog N Bama

Quote from: TeufelHog on May 07, 2015, 06:24:15 pm
I love people that say, "Don't blame the victim." 

Here's one for you . . . "Don't put yourself in a position to be a victim!"
+1

Hog N Bama

Quote from: panhandlepig on May 07, 2015, 08:22:26 pm
   I'll just say this. We are in a world of darn when we are trying to figure out who behaved more badly in these types of situations. Good Lord people, teach your daughters to be ladies no matter how drunk they get. If they can't do that, then for god's sake don't get that drunk.

Teach your sons to look out for ladies like that and don't take advantage of girls like that.  If your sons can't get laid on their own without taking advantage of drunk girls, I don't know what to tell ya.

I raised my daughters to be ladies and I raised my sons to be gentlemen. What the heck happened to our young people?
Cell phones with cameras.

TeufelHog

@ Tier1Hog . . . it's a life-lesson, not an accusation.  Absolutely amazing how many people make it safely through life because they had the situational awareness to avoid pitfalls that were very easily identifiable and they made good decisions.

OBTW, you also need to study-up on your sexual assault statistics.  My comment applies to both sexes and all races.

Rzbakfromwaybak

We still don't know for sure if she was raped, need to let the facts & investigation run it's course.  We do know that laws were broken, with the pictures.  They evidently admitted that to police. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

oldman1015

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on May 10, 2015, 07:33:16 pm
We still don't know for sure if she was raped, need to let the facts & investigation run it's course.  We do know that laws were broken, with the pictures.  They evidently admitted that to police.
hogville jury never waits.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

hogfan870

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on May 10, 2015, 09:16:01 am
You cannot tell me that you truly believe she took off her own panties...

I have no idea who did what outside the few details in the article - and you never really know if those things are correct/true anway.  Seems like you are assuming all kinds of facts.  I just said that I thought people should wait until all of the facts come out.   

jchill

This is a very serious issue. Unfortunately, some people make terrible decisions while under the influence. It does not matter if the male or female is guilty, somebody is still a victim. I also want to say that not all females are innocent and there are males out there that prey on women. It's easy to point fingers, but the best thing to do is wait until the facts come out.

Pigsknuckles

We are masticating the minutia, and missing the big picture here.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

little pigee

Quote from: hogfan870 on May 11, 2015, 01:49:45 pm
I have no idea who did what outside the few details in the article - and you never really know if those things are correct/true anway.  Seems like you are assuming all kinds of facts.  I just said that I thought people should wait until all of the facts come out.   
870, Should I assume the girl in your avatar was awake/sober when you took the pic?   ;)
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: secfan30 on May 10, 2015, 09:27:00 am
She trusted one of these guys as a friend. The gender of a friend in this situations should not matter. He should have been a man about this.

Should end right here.  Regardless of what else did or did not happen, regardless of if she should have known better, not gotten so drunk etc.  The philosophy has been laid down at the UofA to be uncommon.  What these two boys did, and that's what they are boys, not men they have proven that, is not uncommon.  We should hold our SA's to a higher standard,  And if you are a Man then instead of trying to as some said argue the minutia, lessen what they did, make any excuse, say the girl should have known better.  Instead of saying or arguing any of that your only real response should be along the lines of Disappointment with the SA's and a statement that those are not the types of boys you want representing your state or flagship university.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on May 13, 2015, 08:13:39 am
We are masticating the minutia, and missing the big picture here.

Don't look now but your senility is showing..................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Quote from: jjdlc on May 10, 2015, 12:34:37 pm
I sat through a seminar on rape a while back, it was be taught by some group that provides counseling to rape victims.  One of the stories they told offered a very different perspective on these types of situations, and a cautionary tale.  Remember I'm just passing this on 3rd hand.

According to the story, the young man in question had taken the drunk female home with him, and allowed her to crash there.  A week or two later, the female accused the young man of rape.  According to the counselor telling the story, no physical evidence was ever found that supported any sexual encounter between the two, just the young woman's testimony.  This counselor seemed to believe that the young man's only crime was trying to be nice.  The case went to court, and the jury was sympathetic to the young woman, and found the man guilty.  The young man was eventually released from prison, and has been a model citizen ever since, however, he will live with a sex offender tag for the rest of his life. 

Of course, I have no idea how real the story is, the counselor didn't give out names, or give any details about when or where this occurred.  Should make you think twice when helping a drunk young woman out.  If you can't take them to their house and drop them off, at least try to find a better situation to leave them at than your own house.

My grandpa told me a long time ago, " NEVER put yourself in a situation where you are alone with a woman under any type of questionable circumstance ".  HE would never even get on a elevator if it would be just him and a female. Way too much opportunity for he said she said to develop, especially if one party is drunk.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 13, 2015, 03:52:53 pm
Well played
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 13, 2015, 03:52:53 pm

My salinity is just fine...:)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hogfan870

Quote from: little pigee on May 13, 2015, 09:04:49 am
870, Should I assume the girl in your avatar was awake/sober when you took the pic?   ;)

That would be a safe assumption.

However, I think there have been some after a few drinks also

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogfan870 on May 14, 2015, 07:50:48 am
That would be a safe assumption.

However, I think there have been some after a few drinks also

Now you have no choice but to post them.

hogfan870

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 14, 2015, 08:08:43 am
Now you have no choice but to post them.

I think hogville has rules against that

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogfan870 on May 14, 2015, 08:11:05 am

I think hogville has rules against that

Just head on over to the tavern.  It's legal there.

JoeyCapital

What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

ricepig

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Had this happened at Fla St. this woulda been swept under the rug. With that being said I hope their nutts are nailed to the wall.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on May 14, 2015, 11:21:02 pm
Had this happened at Fla St. this woulda been swept under the rug. With that being said I hope their nutts are nailed to the wall.

I doubt many universities are going out of there way to put themselves at risk of being accused of a cover up in order to protect obscure members of sports teams that generate little to no revenue.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

JansterZ71

It's sad to see this type of stuff going on.   
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."