Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyler Wilson to try out w

Started by pigheaded, April 16, 2015, 06:21:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

I'm assuming by "try out" you mean get signed and inviting to training camp. I wonder how many QB's they will invite to camp? Getting invited to camp means very little, sadly. Well, it does come with a paycheck and some hope of making the team, or the practice squad, but many guys show up with little to no chance of making it. For TW's sake, better hope they don't draft a QB in the first 5 rounds.

shotgun7

Quote from: RedyorNot on April 16, 2015, 06:47:16 pm
I doubt he'll ever be a starter in the league, but being a backup still pays pretty well.

Probably much better than Talk Radio :)

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: jacobp on April 16, 2015, 07:46:34 pm
I'm sure he's really torn as to which he'd rather do.
man, I don't know about that, it might be a beautiful thing to see Derek Ruscin's and Tommy Kraft's beaming fat faces each morning...like that Stoerner experiment...Stoerner couldn't stay out of the bathroom or break room for 2 of the 3 hours of the program
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: havok on April 21, 2015, 09:23:55 pm
Dowell Loggains is the QB coach for the Bears isn't he??.
That's correct.

LAHogfan123

Quote from: Hogfly on April 17, 2015, 06:28:33 am
Would love to see him at least play long enough to qualify for the pension and annuity program.

This, double time!  As long as any Hog can stay in the NFL even as a clipboard jokey and get his pension while doing so, he'll make a good living from then on if he's good with his money and comes back home to the Natural State, he'll be taken care of.

hoginator

Tyler is headed to Chicago this week. Hopefully, he will have a great week...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

dacskc

TW hasn't had the best of luck. In Oakland, they needed someone to be game-ready and they didn't want someone who needed time. Loggains would've given him a fair shake in TN, but almost as soon as he was signed, Loggains was out. Then in Cincy, he gets brought in late to cover for injured QBs, and despite reports that said he looked better than a couple of others, he was let go (the ol' last in, first out). With Loggains in Chicago, he should get a fair look.

Much like when he was the Hog QB, I think given time, he would be just fine.

dacskc

Has anyone heard how TW fared at the mini camp? I haven't been listening to the morning show and may have missed it.

hawgmasta

Quote from: dacskc on May 10, 2015, 01:32:37 am
Has anyone heard how TW fared at the mini camp? I haven't been listening to the morning show and may have missed it.

Bumped. I would also like to know.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hawgmasta on May 10, 2015, 05:40:13 pm
Bumped. I would also like to know.

I searched "Tyler Wilson" on chicagobears.com and nothing comes up. Doesn't look good.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

twistitup

Will he be back on the radio tomorrow? That would answer this question..
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: twistitup on May 10, 2015, 06:05:37 pm
Will he be back on the radio tomorrow? That would answer this question..
Twistitup....

ChiTown where LeBron hits game winners!
ChiTown where former Hog Tyler Wilson gets to try out for the team from ChiTown!

RebelliousHog

Quote from: EXSPAHOG on April 20, 2015, 09:07:32 am
Dan Hampton should be a reason to have the Bears on your "Teams I kinda like" list

With that convoluted reasoning, Felix Jones and DMac should be the reason I " kinda like" the Cowboys who, as a team, I dislike immensely. I don't hate the Bears. I just don't care about them unless they are playing Green Bay, then I want them to lose. Nothing personal. I am still "kinda" pissed that Ditka let that clown "Refigerator" get a TD in the super bowl and dissed Walter Payton. Yes, I know it was a long time ago. I hold LONGGGGGGGG grudges.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HenduHog on May 11, 2015, 08:50:03 am
With that convoluted reasoning, Felix Jones and DMac should be the reason I " kinda like" the Cowboys who, as a team, I dislike immensely. I don't hate the Bears. I just don't care about them unless they are playing Green Bay, then I want them to lose. Nothing personal. I am still "kinda" pissed that Ditka let that clown "Refigerator" get a TD in the super bowl and dissed Walter Payton. Yes, I know it was a long time ago. I hold LONGGGGGGGG grudges.
Jerry giving millions to the U of A is a much better reason to like Cowboys.

DLUXHOG

Jerry is a truly loyal & faithful Arkansas alum....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 12, 2015, 06:16:19 am
Jerry is a truly loyal & faithful Arkansas alum....

Yes he is. He just isn't a very good GM.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

31to6

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 12, 2015, 10:50:31 am
"For the eighth consecutive year the Dallas Cowboys, worth $3.2 billion, are the league's most valuable team. The only sports team worth more is Real Madrid, valued at $3.4 billion, while another Spanish soccer team, Barcelona, is tied with the Cowboys."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2014/08/20/the-nfls-most-valuable-teams/

I am not a Cowboys fan, but just maybe the man knows what he's doing? :)

DLUXHOG

Quote from: 31to6 on May 12, 2015, 11:47:16 am
"For the eighth consecutive year the Dallas Cowboys, worth $3.2 billion, are the league's most valuable team. The only sports team worth more is Real Madrid, valued at $3.4 billion, while another Spanish soccer team, Barcelona, is tied with the Cowboys."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2014/08/20/the-nfls-most-valuable-teams/

Well I am a Cowboys fan and I agree with you.   It is obvious Jerry knows what he is doing...... but, envious haters are going to hate....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

TrueBlue

Bought it for $140 million, now worth $3.2 Billion. Nice growth on investment.

dacskc

I've heard Tyler's back on the radio (haven't had an opportunity to check it myself). IDK if this means anything, isn't the next mini-camp strictly for rookies? If so, he wouldn't need to be there and might have just wanted to return home for a time.  Although long-term, I would say coming home and resuming your old job is an indication that things probably did not go as well as planned. I would think that Loggains would want him there for longer than a week though????

ChitownHawg

In those 8 years how many playoff games have they won and how many Superbowls? Making money he is good at and that is the job of the President of the team.

The GM is responsible for fielding a good team. Jerry the businessman knows what he is doing. Jerry the GM not so much.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 12, 2015, 12:31:42 pm
Well I am a Cowboys fan and I agree with you.   It is obvious Jerry knows what he is doing...... but, envious haters are going to hate....

I grew up a Cowboy fan. I didn't appreciate the treatment of Tom Landry for which Jerry apologized. I loved them with JJ and BP. However the last 7 or 8 years I refused to watch the teams Jerry puts on the field.

Not envious of the team he has put together. Love the man's flair for business though.   8)

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 12, 2015, 03:46:57 pm
I grew up a Cowboy fan. I didn't appreciate the treatment of Tom Landry for which Jerry apologized. I loved them with JJ and BP. However the last 7 or 8 years I refused to watch the teams Jerry puts on the field.

Not envious of the team he has put together. Love the man's flair for business though.   8)
You need to start watching.  The team is good again and as long as they have the offensive line they have now, they will be.

GolfnHog

Holding grudges that long means 1 of 2 things:
1. You are a woman or
2. Bruce Jenner is that you?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on May 12, 2015, 04:00:19 pm
You need to start watching.  The team is good again and as long as they have the offensive line they have now, they will be.

If Dmac can resurrect his career this year I just might.   :razorback:

twistitup

How are Spanish soccer teams worth that much?

31to6

Quote from: twistitup on May 12, 2015, 09:08:22 pm
As big of stadiums as football, as many games as basketball, worldwide audience.

Wright43

Quote from: twistitup on May 12, 2015, 09:08:22 pm

Soccer is the world's most popular sport, Spanish league is a premier league, and Real Madrid and Barcelona are powerhouses loaded with world class players (each have one of the top 2 players in the world right now, Ronaldo and Messi).

I'm actually surprised the Cowboys are that close to them. Only 1 country in the world watches the NFL. The world watches soccer.

twistitup

Quote from: Wright43 on May 12, 2015, 11:42:33 pm
Soccer is the world's most popular sport, Spanish league is a premier league, and Real Madrid and Barcelona are powerhouses loaded with world class players (each have one of the top 2 players in the world right now, Ronaldo and Messi).

I'm actually surprised the Cowboys are that close to them. Only 1 country in the world watches the NFL. The world watches soccer.

Is most revenue generated through tv deals, live matches, and apparel?

Horsesrus

Quote from: twistitup on May 13, 2015, 08:08:25 am
Is most revenue generated through tv deals, live matches, and apparel?

Barcelona and Real Madrid get a very favorable share of TV revenue in Spain.  It's a big dispute among the lesser clubs and now involves Spanish government.

Year ending June, 2014 for Real Madrid
Stadium revenue, dues and tickets $140 million euro
Revenue from friendly matches and European cup matches $72 million (won Champions League so this is higher than normal)
Broadcasting $162 million euro (could be affected downward by new laws)
Marketing $170 million euro would include merchandising, licensing and naming rights

HogInFlorida

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 12, 2015, 10:50:31 am

The Cowboys by far had the best draft of any team this year. They got 3 first round talents with 1 first round pick. And remember when everyone laughed when Jerry took that Wisconsin center in round 1? Well now he's a pro bowler and no one's laughing.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

LZH

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 16, 2015, 08:00:01 pm
The best job in the world has to be career backup QB.  You get to keep your health by not getting killed out there, still have the prestige of being in the NFL and get a nice salary to hold a clipboard.  Then, maybe you get to play a little football here and there.

And after that, you might be able to turn all that experience into a coaching gig somewhere.  NFL backup QB?....not a bad thing at all.

WarPig88

Quote from: Wright43 on May 12, 2015, 11:42:33 pm

Seriously, could care less about what the rest of the world finds popular. Asians like to eat the testicles of all sorts of animals in order to make them more manly. Pretty sure that their are a whole lot more of them in the world than any other race so that probably makes testicles the most popular food in the world.

Therefore, if you like soccer, you probably like eating testicles.

Socrates Johnson, out............

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HogInFlorida on May 13, 2015, 01:26:53 pm
The Cowboys by far had the best draft of any team this year. They got 3 first round talents with 1 first round pick. And remember when everyone laughed when Jerry took that Wisconsin center in round 1? Well now he's a pro bowler and no one's laughing.

Quit dancing around the question. How many playoff games have they won in the last 8 years?

Many would say he overpaid for the center - pro bowler or not. Left tackle is about the only online worth that kind of money. Anyway he has to translate all of this into playoff wins. As I said I grew up in the Landry days, so I expect more out of my cowboys than picking a center in the first round.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: WarPig88 on May 13, 2015, 04:55:03 pm
Seriously, could care less about what the rest of the world finds popular. Asians like to eat the testicles of all sorts of animals in order to make them more manly. Pretty sure that their are a whole lot more of them in the world than any other race so that probably makes testicles the most popular food in the world.

Therefore, if you like soccer, you probably like eating testicles.

Socrates Johnson, out............

There is more wisdom in this post than 237 Robert Shields articles.

+1 sir.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: GolfnHog on May 12, 2015, 04:40:06 pm
Holding grudges that long means 1 of 2 things:
1. You are a woman or
2. Bruce Jenner is that you?

Are you really that much of a d***head?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

HogInFlorida

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 13, 2015, 04:58:06 pm
Quit dancing around the question. How many playoff games have they won in the last 8 years?

Many would say he overpaid for the center - pro bowler or not. Left tackle is about the only online worth that kind of money. Anyway he has to translate all of this into playoff wins. As I said I grew up in the Landry days, so I expect more out of my cowboys than picking a center in the first round.

You never asked me that question so I'm not sure why you think I'm dancing around it. I'm not a cowboy fan so I don't know how many playoff games they won in the last 8 years and I have no clue why you chose 8 years as an arbitrary number, but I assume the point you're trying to make is they haven't won a lot. But I know they won one last year and lost the 2nd game to the Packers on the most controversial call of the year (which I still disagree with. Dez caught it and made a football move.) I agree they need to win more games but to say Jerry is a bad GM is just incorrect. He has one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom in the league and they absolutely killed the draft this year. Look at the disaster that is the Raiders, Jags, Titans, 49ers or Redskins front offices then look at the Cowboys and tell me again he doesn't know what he's doing.

And who would you rather they had taken over Frederick? They traded down and got an extra 3rd round pick and still got a pro bowl center in the first round. Most would say that's a bargain. And if you think only left tackles are worth 6.8 over 5 years then I'd tell you to stop watching The Blind Side and start watching film of the Cowboys' o-line last year.

Edit: Not to mention Zack Martin, the guard they got in the first round last year that was 1st team all pro as a rookie. Tell me again why they aren't worth first round money?
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 13, 2015, 04:58:06 pm

And oh btw, ever since Jerry married Tony Romo eight or nine years ago, I've given up on my Cowboys.

Lake City Hog

Ok guys, let's all back off a bit on the testosterone! The OP is about T Wilson and his career possibilities. I swaer that it's almost like some of you guys can go from football to knitting in less than 50 posts!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2015, 05:52:41 pm
And oh btw, ever since Jerry married Tony Romo eight or nine years ago, I've given up on my Cowboys.

Understood you were a big fan of the Q. Carter days? Or was it Drew Henson you were found of? Maybe Ryan Leaf?

LZH

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 13, 2015, 06:22:41 pm
Understood you were a big fan of the Q. Carter days? Or was it Drew Henson you were found of? Maybe Ryan Leaf?

None of the above.  Aikman....and yeah, that was years ago.  But after looking and looking....when Jerry finally hitched his whole wagon to Romo that told me he's either not the football mind he thinks he is (whoa, big surprise), and/or he's just in it for the money and talk of another championship is just that - talk.

LRRandy

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2015, 05:52:41 pm

thats funny right there. I don't care who ya are.
This is fun, isn't it.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HogInFlorida on May 13, 2015, 05:24:27 pm
You never asked me that question so I'm not sure why you think I'm dancing around it. I'm not a cowboy fan so I don't know how many playoff games they won in the last 8 years and I have no clue why you chose 8 years as an arbitrary number, but I assume the point you're trying to make is they haven't won a lot. But I know they won one last year and lost the 2nd game to the Packers on the most controversial call of the year (which I still disagree with. Dez caught it and made a football move.) I agree they need to win more games but to say Jerry is a bad GM is just incorrect. He has one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom in the league and they absolutely killed the draft this year. Look at the disaster that is the Raiders, Jags, Titans, 49ers or Redskins front offices then look at the Cowboys and tell me again he doesn't know what he's doing.

And who would you rather they had taken over Frederick? They traded down and got an extra 3rd round pick and still got a pro bowl center in the first round. Most would say that's a bargain. And if you think only left tackles are worth 6.8 over 5 years then I'd tell you to stop watching The Blind Side and start watching film of the Cowboys' o-line last year.

Edit: Not to mention Zack Martin, the guard they got in the first round last year that was 1st team all pro as a rookie. Tell me again why they aren't worth first round money?

And yet you chose to jump into the conversation. Do that much?  ;)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2015, 06:38:48 pm
None of the above.  Aikman....and yeah, that was years ago.  But after looking and looking....when Jerry finally hitched his whole wagon to Romo that told me he's either not the football mind he thinks he is (whoa, big surprise), and/or he's just in it for the money and talk of another championship is just that - talk.

But hey Jerry got himself a first round center?  ;D

HogInFlorida

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 13, 2015, 09:29:15 pm
And yet you chose to jump into the conversation. Do that much?  ;)

I didn't "jump in" to any conversation. I responded to your post from before any 8 year metric was mentioned and I responded because you were wrong. Reading beyond that wasn't necessary.

Did you read anything else in my response? Care to reply with something intelligible?

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 13, 2015, 09:31:27 pm

He did and he's got by far the best line in the league and it produced an 1800 yard rusher. Arguing the Cowboys recent draft picks is just idiotic. 4 out of their last 5 first rounders have been pro bowlers. Keep arguing it though. You're talking to a wall and just making yourself look dumb.

Dr. Starcs

Yeah, he so shoulda taken Johnny Foosball. Smh

Big Papa Satan

Dez still caught that ball.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HogInFlorida on May 13, 2015, 10:10:06 pm
I didn't "jump in" to any conversation. I responded to your post from before any 8 year metric was mentioned and I responded because you were wrong. Reading beyond that wasn't necessary.

Did you read anything else in my response? Care to reply with something intelligible?

He did and he's got by far the best line in the league and it produced an 1800 yard rusher. Arguing the Cowboys recent draft picks is just idiotic. 4 out of their last 5 first rounders have been pro bowlers. Keep arguing it though. You're talking to a wall and just making yourself look dumb.

Dude, you responded to my comment to 31to6. So you did jump in. Let me slow the conversation down a bit as you have completely missed the discussion between 31to6 and myself. 31to6 referenced that the Cowboys have been a top income earning team for 8 years. Thus why I referenced their record for the last 8 years. Not sure why you didn't read and comprehend this point. It is the main point of mine and 31to6's discussion.

Sports is about winning. All of these picks and Demarco's yards is great for fantasy football - but how many playoff wins has Jerry had the last 8 years?  I may be looking dumb, but at least I can comprehend the conversation.  ;)

No need to counter any of your points as your points have not resulted in playoff wins. Which is the mark of a good GM. Until Jerry can consistently field a winning team he will be viewed as a weak GM.

Great businessman but weak GM. There is a difference.

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 13, 2015, 09:31:27 pm

Welp, considering he was gonna get a first-round 'something', anyway, I'm not sure that's such a big deal.................:)

I still say that he should have traded Romo and thrown the checkbook at Peyton Manning when he had the chance.  If he wants to have a shot at winning another Super Bowl in this lifetime (i.e. before his son has his head removed and frozen in a jar), he needs to dump Romo ASAFP and spend that big money on another QB.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 13, 2015, 06:22:41 pm

You are confusing me. Is this an argument for or against Jerry's ability as a GM?  ;D