Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyler Wilson to try out w

Started by pigheaded, April 16, 2015, 06:21:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChitownHawg

May 14, 2015, 07:00:50 am #100 Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:23:22 pm by ChitownHawg
Quote from: LZH on May 14, 2015, 06:52:57 am
Welp, considering he was gonna get a first-round 'something', anyway, I'm not sure that's such a big deal.................:)

I still say that he should have traded Romo and thrown the checkbook at Peyton Manning when he had the chance.  If he wants to have a shot at winning another Super Bowl in this lifetime (i.e. before his son has his head removed and frozen in a jar), he needs to dump Romo ASAFP and spend that big money on another QB.

Jerry super glued himself to Romo with that huge contract. No one will take that one in so Jerry would have to simply pay Romo and walk away. Either way it was a bad move as I don't think anyone was competing for Romo's services. The Bears did the same thing with Cutler.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 14, 2015, 07:00:50 am
Jerry super glued himself to Romo with that huge contract. No one will take that one in so Jerry would have to simy pay Romo and walk away. Either way it was a bad move as I don't think anyone was competing for Romo's services. The Bears did the same thing with Cutler.

IKR? 

It's like being drunk at a DU banquet and bidding against yourself on a print.  You're already the high bidder......

The auctioneer says "you got it for $200, sol.."

Then you scream "$250!!"

Auctioneer: "OK, then you've got it at..."

Then you scream "$300!!"

Auctioneer: "Sold to the man for..."

Then you scream "$400!!"

On and on and on......

hogcard1964

Tyler may play in Chicago.

The starter is Cutler who's on very thin ice and the back-up is Clausen who can't throw at all.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: LZH on May 14, 2015, 07:08:42 am
IKR? 

It's like being drunk at a DU banquet and bidding against yourself on a print.  You're already the high bidder......

The auctioneer says "you got it for $200, sol.."

Then you scream "$250!!"

Auctioneer: "OK, then you've got it at..."

Then you scream "$300!!"

Auctioneer: "Sold to the man for..."

Then you scream "$400!!"

On and on and on......

That's like the new Sprint commercial that's part of their campaign to suggest that unless you're using Sprint for your cell phone, you must be rich.  Every 5 minutes they play the one where the rich mom and daughter are bidding against each other for the diamond crusted cats at the auction.  I watch almost everything on DVR, and that's one I don't skip from time to time, and I laugh every time I watch it.  "We don't need to save money though do we mom."  "No, no we do not baby." 

The part at the end where they're comparing arm muscles while they bid against each other is priceless.   ;D 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

LZH

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 14, 2015, 08:08:01 am
That's like the new Sprint commercial that's part of their campaign to suggest that unless you're using Sprint for your cell phone, you must be rich.  Every 5 minutes they play the one where the rich mom and daughter are bidding against each other for the diamond crusted cats at the auction.  I watch almost everything on DVR, and that's one I don't skip from time to time, and I laugh every time I watch it.  "We don't need to save money though do we mom."  "No, no we do not baby." 

The part at the end where they're comparing arm muscles while they bid against each other is priceless.   ;D 

:)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 14, 2015, 07:58:58 am
Tyler may play in Chicago.

The starter is Cutler who's on very thin ice and the back-up is Clausen who can't throw at all.

Actually Clausen has looked ever bit as good as Tyler. The Tyler in the NFL isn't the one we saw as a Hog. He just doesn't seem right. But there are some good coaches on the Bears. If he can just make the squad who knows what will happen. But he needs something before he could beat out Clausen.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 14, 2015, 05:26:54 pm
But he needs something before he could beat out Clausen.

A thong, maybe?

daprospecta

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 14, 2015, 05:26:54 pm
Actually Clausen has looked ever bit as good as Tyler. The Tyler in the NFL isn't the one we saw as a Hog. He just doesn't seem right. But there are some good coaches on the Bears. If he can just make the squad who knows what will happen. But he needs something before he could beat out Clausen.
Tyler seems like one of those players that just kind of bounces around and eventually gets a shot and proves his worth.  I'm talking in games and not during practice. 

ChitownHawg

ChitownHawg

Quote from: daprospecta on May 15, 2015, 08:03:47 am
Tyler seems like one of those players that just kind of bounces around and eventually gets a shot and proves his worth.  I'm talking in games and not during practice.

Well the Bears would be a good place as he could get on as the #3 QB. Then anything can happen.

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 15, 2015, 05:22:58 pm
Thanks for that visual image.  ;D

You can't make this stuff up....it's too good for fiction.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on May 15, 2015, 06:15:56 pm
You can't make this stuff up....it's too good for fiction.

I see your humor killed another thread!  ;)

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 16, 2015, 04:18:36 pm
I see your humor killed another thread!  ;)

Ha!  What else is new?  Just goes to show ya that it takes too long for 99% of these guys to catch up to my jocularity and wit...

But you get it Chitown, which makes you just as weird as I am......yaaay!