Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Otto Potter and Jarnell Stokes

Started by bfosh, March 14, 2013, 04:33:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bfosh

Those 2 guys could have severely helped out this years team.

Were they both down to the hogs and the the teams they chose or only Stokes? 

I was thinking Porter had a lot of interest in hogs, but maybe it was that we had interest in him from Mike recruiting him while at Mizzou.  Can't remember.

nextlevel

Mike was in on Porter while at Mizzou.

Stokes came down between us and Tennessee, but his brother already went to Tennessee.

Would be nice to have O'Bryant instead of him landing at LSU as well.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Dogtown Donkey

We didn't finish #2 for Stokes. I'm not sure who did, but at Memphis finished ahead of us. Maybe even Florida, too.

Porter never considered Arkansas.

nextlevel

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on March 14, 2013, 04:44:20 pm
We didn't finish #2 for Stokes. I'm not sure who did, but at Memphis finished ahead of us. Maybe even Florida, too.

Porter never considered Arkansas.

Pretty sure we did because he was an unusual circumstance of being a mid-term enrollee and we happened to have an unused scholarship that year while Memphis and Florida had full rosters and he would have had to wait to enroll the following fall.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

nextlevel

BTW: one of the "know it all" resident experts such as peladvocate could give a more accurate answer, he should be around to post if the hogs lose tonight, if not expect him around tomorrow night after a loss to Kentucky, if not maybe after a loss to Mizzou saturday night, if not, possibly after a loss to Florida sunday night, if not, possibly after a loss in the first round in the NCAA tournament...

ell oh ell

C.J. Hollywood

My understanding on Stokes is that he was he was publicly listing Arkansas, Tennessee, Memphis, Florida, and UCLA, but for all intents and purposes he had it down to Arkansas and Tennessee.  He visited Tennessee and then planned to come here on an unofficial visit during winter break.  There was strong speculation that he would commit on his visit.  Then the person who was set to give him a ride couldn't make it and the plans fell through.  At that time Stokes tweeted that God was telling him to go in a different direction and he committed to Tennessee shortly afterward.

Justintime75

Porter was going to be Mizzou or Georgetown. Had MA stayed at Mizzou, Porter would be there. When MA left, Porter gave Haith like a week to recruit him, then chose Georgetown because of his family ties to one of the assistants.