Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lion's Tale: Jericho's Autobiography

Started by Big Papa Satan, January 06, 2008, 07:21:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Satan

January 06, 2008, 07:21:29 pm Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 09:28:00 pm by Uncle Ivan
Picked up a copy yesterday and am about halfway through it.

This is one of the most hysterical books I've ever read.  Jeri gives a lot of inside info behind the crash of WCW, but also tells story after humorous story of some of the more bizarre, funny things that he's seen or been involved with.

Lance Storm is a major part of the story, as is Benoit, as well as Eddy Guerrero and Malenko as well.

He also tells what really happened regarding the infamous Jim Cornette vs Dairy Queen Drive Thru encounter.  Turns out Jericho was the one who both filmed it and instigated the whole thing.

I'd definitely recommend it.

Big Papa Satan

Here's the Youtube vid of Corny.  It is one of the funniest, profane rants I've ran across.  You can hear Jericho in the background egging it all on.

Cornette vs the Drive Thru (NSFW)

Lance Storm was also there and offered a slightly different take:

The other story I recall differently is the DQ Drive Thru story. In my recollection this whole thing was Jericho's fault. Chris was sitting in the back of the van and I was up near the front. When we were ordering our food Chris ordered last, and at the end of his order wanted to know if he could order a banana. He didn't want a banana split just a banana. A lot of the boys were laughing at him when he was trying to order said banana and I think this is the reason why the lady at the drive thru thought our order was a joke, and it was Jericho's banana that caused her to delay the order until it could be verified. That's not all, when we got to the window and the girl started verifying the order, Cornette commented that he thought they'd have already been "fixin" our food. She then commented that she had thought the order might be a "joke". Jimmy didn't explode right away and was at first just a little miffed and confused. Chris then piped up from the back, in his best Spinal Tap impression, "You think this is a joke, does this look like a [CENSORED] joke to you" which I assumed was a direct quote from the film. The lady heard Chris say "[CENSORED] Joke" and that is when she said, "If you are going to cuss at me you won't get your food." It was at this point that Cornette lost it, and went on the greatest cuss riddled tirade since I last watched Impact, including getting out of the car and trying to climb through the drive thru window, while cussing out, not only the poor lady, but the horse she rode in on. I don't' think Jericho took near his full amount of credit for inciting this wonderful situation.

jbell96

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 06, 2008, 07:26:20 pm
Here's the Youtube vid of Corny.  It is one of the funniest, profane rants I've ran across.  You can hear Jericho in the background egging it all on.

Cornette vs the Drive Thru (NSFW)

Lance Storm was also there and offered a slightly different take:

The other story I recall differently is the DQ Drive Thru story. In my recollection this whole thing was Jericho’s fault. Chris was sitting in the back of the van and I was up near the front. When we were ordering our food Chris ordered last, and at the end of his order wanted to know if he could order a banana. He didn’t want a banana split just a banana. A lot of the boys were laughing at him when he was trying to order said banana and I think this is the reason why the lady at the drive thru thought our order was a joke, and it was Jericho’s banana that caused her to delay the order until it could be verified. That’s not all, when we got to the window and the girl started verifying the order, Cornette commented that he thought they’d have already been “fixin” our food. She then commented that she had thought the order might be a “joke”. Jimmy didn’t explode right away and was at first just a little miffed and confused. Chris then piped up from the back, in his best Spinal Tap impression, “You think this is a joke, does this look like a Franking joke to you” which I assumed was a direct quote from the film. The lady heard Chris say “Franking Joke” and that is when she said, “If you are going to cuss at me you won’t get your food.” It was at this point that Cornette lost it, and went on the greatest cuss riddled tirade since I last watched Impact, including getting out of the car and trying to climb through the drive thru window, while cussing out, not only the poor lady, but the horse she rode in on. I don’t’ think Jericho took near his full amount of credit for inciting this wonderful situation.

I got the book in November and finished it in about a week. I also got it autographed at a book signing he did here at McChord AFB.

I laugh every time I read about his time working for Corny in Knoxville. The strange Kentucky people thing was pretty amusing as well.

Big Papa Satan

Been trying to find the Strange Kentucky People vid, and can't.

You'd think someone would've put it on YouTube by now.

hellrazor

Are those the ones with a picture of Jesus Christ in their dining room...  in between pictures of the Rock N' Roll Express?
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: hellrazor on January 06, 2008, 09:03:23 pm
Are those the ones with a picture of Jesus Christ in their dining room...  in between pictures of the Rock N' Roll Express?

That would be it.