Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If I were an original ECW fan...

Started by Big Papa Satan, January 18, 2007, 12:40:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Satan

I'd be rioting right now.

Went to the tapings last night at Alltel with my nephew.  Smackdown was decent for what it is now.  ECW sucked tremendously.

The nephew can get someone else to take him, because I'm not shilling out any more of my hard-earned to watch a turd of a show like that.

hogfan064

I quit watching it back as soon as Big Show became champ.  I'll flip the channel to it sometimes, but only during commercial breaks while the 10:00 news is on

pioneerhog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan™ on January 18, 2007, 12:40:31 am

Went to the tapings last night at Alltel with my nephew.  Smackdown was decent for what it is now.  ECW sucked tremendously.

The nephew can get someone else to take him, because I'm not shilling out any more of my hard-earned to watch a turd of a show like that.
I took my nephew as well. I had not watched the new ECW more than maybe 3 times so I didn't really know what to expect, but I agree it SUCKED.

rasorback4life

I really liked Lashley, but he is too soft for ECW.  They need to kill it now!!!
Mediocrity Rules!!!

jbell96

It is so sad how crappy the product is nowadays. If there was a Smackdown taping or live Raw in DC or Baltimore, when I liven in DC about 4 years ago, I did everything I could to make it. Now, if they are in Tacoma or Seattle I don't think twice about going.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

coach5779

I got to go to Bingo Hall in 1997 right about the time of the Barely Legal PPV and it was a great experience but after watching the WWE version it nearly made me sick.  I know they are trying to capture a market but they haven't showed any of intensity of the original.  Plus, when you try to mix the crowds for ECW and SD it just doesn't make sense.  They're just two different crowds.
Woo Pig Sooiee!!

jbcarol

Quote from: Uncle Ivan™ on January 18, 2007, 12:40:31 am

Which side of the arena were you on for the Striker and CM Punk match?

Mark
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: jbcarol on January 30, 2007, 01:58:10 pm

Mark

We were to the screen's left, row 20, middle section.

jbcarol

January 30, 2007, 08:48:38 pm #9 Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 09:11:24 pm by jbcarol
Quote from: Uncle Ivan™ on January 30, 2007, 08:06:37 pm
Quote from: jbcarol on January 30, 2007, 01:58:10 pm

Mark

We were to the screen's left, row 20, middle section.

Was your view of screen obscured or could you get a look at what really happened in the ring for Punk to pull it off?

Looks like Striker got him back tonite!
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: rasorback4life on January 18, 2007, 11:58:14 am
I really liked Lashley, but he is too soft for ECW.  They need to kill it now!!!

He may lack charisma but he has some freakish athletic skill.  I wonder if he has any NCAA eligibility left??!!

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: jbcarol on January 30, 2007, 08:48:38 pm

Was your view of screen obscured or could you get a look at what really happened in the ring for Punk to pull it off?

I could not see the screen, and I had my eyes on the blonde chick most of that match, anyway.

jbcarol

Quote from: Uncle Ivan™ on February 01, 2007, 09:54:13 am
Quote from: jbcarol on January 30, 2007, 08:48:38 pm

I could not see the screen, and I had my eyes on the blonde chick most of that match, anyway.

Was the outcome real or kayfabe ? :)