Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevin Sumlin

Started by jwreynolds01, November 22, 2017, 07:41:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jwreynolds01

Would you consider him a viable plan b to GUSSY??

Bubba's Bruisers

We could do a whole lot worse, but I'd rather give someone like Norvell a shot first.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hawg2afault

Not a bad coach.  We could do worse.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 07:43:54 am
We could do a whole lot worse, but I'd rather give someone like Norvell a shot first.

In no particular order. ....Campbell,  Frost, Norvell,
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

The NewEra

The reason Sumlin has a winning record over us for the past five years is because our coaching was soooooo poor, not that he's a good coach.  There are many issues with Sumlin and none that I would like to bring to Arkansas.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: jwreynolds01 on November 22, 2017, 07:41:44 am

He'd be better than Skip, but I don't think we get that far down the list. I think he'll wind up somewhere though as a head coach, but I wouldn't mind seeing him as an OC if we hired Venables.

Boarcephus

I like Sumlin but he never seemed to have complete control of the program.  You had assistant coaches hitting opposing players on the sidelines, the Manziel show, players transferring while he seemed oblivious to all that was happening around him.  He certainly did a good job recruiting though.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

The_Iceman

He would fall somewhere after Gus and Norvell. Chad Campbell and Scott Frost are ahead of him too, but I just don't see those guys coming to Arkansas.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: jwreynolds01 on November 22, 2017, 07:41:44 am

why are you referring to him as Gussy?

BILLYBOB

The possibility that we could beat A&M, with their current coach...while they continue to pay most of his salary...puts an evil smile on my face...
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

woo.pig

He has the same conference record as Dan Mullen. But at a school with much more resources. Better recruiting base

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 22, 2017, 08:07:06 am
He would fall somewhere after Gus and Norvell. Chad Campbell and Scott Frost are ahead of him too, but I just don't see those guys coming to Arkansas.

Who is this Chad Campbell you speak of?

Hogman2

His teams collapse every year at the end and he is unable to keep QBs.  The HOGS do not need him!

TrueBlue

25-22 in the SEC with 20% of those wins against us.

Wooderson

Doesn't he like to booze it up.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

davehog

I hope that the A&M staff is being vetted and contacted for any interest in openings at Arkansas.  There are assistant coaches there that would be very valuable to the Razorback program. 

This is the exact situation that concerns me with not having an AD in place currently. 

I'm fairly confident that if Gus gets the job most, not all, of his current assistants would come with him.  But, if we end up with Norvell the biggest concern I have with him is his ability to put together an SEC quality staff.  An AD should be the one to step in and assist with this. 

hogcards

I like him.

He drinks like a fish and wins.

+1000
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

RazorbackDJT

I think he's 10 times better than CBB.  I'm not sure that says a lot though.

Hogindasticks

I think Kubiak wants the job..is why Sumlin is out....

snoot hoggy hog